I might have some insight on Iz*One's disbandment.

• Maybe some of you know this already...

CJ ENM purposely sabotaged the extension of Iz*one because of Planet Girls 999.

If Iz*one were to continue activities, not many people would show interest in the new show.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• winniethepb

Changed the title of the thread from “I might have some insight on Iz*Ones disbandment.” to “I might have some insight on Iz*One's disbandment.”.
  • I think this is a very distinct possibility. But what i wanna know is why? Izone has sold almost 3 million albums (Japanese and Korean) during their time together. They were guaranteed to sell 500k for every Korean comeback, and were even relevant digitally. The group was already formed, you literally didnt have to do anything for them in terms of creating and producing a whole new show...they were established and thriving and were printing money.

Does CJENM think this new trash show is gonna exceed Izone's achievements?

Or it could be the news i read about CJENM having a new boss or a new person in charge of the entertainment units (which was why the organization was reshuffled recently)...maybe this new person wanted to clean house, including Izone, so that his own project (Girlsplanet666) could take their place and be the next hot thing.

If Iz*one were to continue activities, not many people would show interest in the new show.

Had nothing to do with it mate.

Contract was signed with the agencies, not the members. End date was clear.

The agencies then said that they gave the decision to renew to the members (I call that bullshit but whatever)

The agencies made their money and were happy to grow new talent and integrate the girls into whatever.

• I think this is a very distinct possibility. But what i wanna know is why? Izone has sold almost 3 million albums (Japanese and Korean) during their time together. They were guaranteed to sell 500k for every Korean comeback, and were even relevant digitally. The group was already formed, you literally didnt have to do anything for them in terms of creating and producing a whole new show...they were established and thriving and were printing money.

Does CJENM think this new trash show is gonna exceed Izone's achievements?

Or it could be the news i read about CJENM having a new boss or a new person in charge of the entertainment units (which was why the organization was reshuffled recently)...maybe this new person wanted to clean house, including Izone, so that his own project (Girlsplanet666) could take their place and be the next hot thing.

I'm pretty sure it's because survival shows bring in more money than Iz*one. 3M album sales is around 30M in revenue but if you subtract all the cuts, I'm sure it's not a big number and it took Izone and 2.5 years to make that much whereas a show like Planet Girls 999 will make more within only a few months.

• Had nothing to do with it mate.

Contract was signed with the agencies, not the members. End date was clear.

The agencies then said that they gave the decision to renew to the members (I call that bullshit but whatever)

The agencies made their money and were happy to grow new talent and integrate the girls into whatever.

I have more insight but I don't want to disclose it. Let me just say, CJ ENM has quite the connections with some of those labels.

• I have more insight but I don't want to disclose it. Let me just say, CJ ENM has quite the connections with some of those labels.

Not some, MOST of them.

Including some really big names. I know a lot as well.

After the "scandal" they needed to scrap as much as possible to not hit CJ and the big agencies.

But whatever.

I can't wait for 999, I'm a sucker for audition programs.

• I'm pretty sure it's because survival shows bring in more money than Iz*one. 3M album sales is around 30M in revenue but if you subtract all the cuts, I'm sure it's not a big number and it took Izone and 2.5 years to make that much whereas a show like Planet Girls 999 will make more within only a few months.

Btw, their albums were around 20 bucks or more. Thats 60 mil. But your reasoning still stands.

• kpop has grown very much since 2018 so there are tons of new fans that will be happy to watch Girls Planet 999

not sure about sales in Korea but globally this group will have a headstart like big 3 if not bigger one...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Btw, their albums were around 20 bucks or more. Thats 60 mil. But your reasoning still stands.

20 bucks is MSRP. They were also often sold at a discount on websites such as Ktown. In addition, bulk pricing is typically 20% off. Revenue is what Iz*ones receives.

• I'm sure some companies wanted to cut ties with Mnet as soon as possible.

They can't, CJJ ENM is too large and has too much influence in k-media. You don't want to be on their bad side. Particularly small to medium labels.

• They can't, CJJ ENM is too large and has too much influence in k-media. You don't want to be on their bad side. Particularly small to medium labels.

I mean, maybe I don't really know about companies, but Starship for example is not promoting in Mnet right now I don't think they would want Iz*one with their trainees to continue.

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• Ah, you meant netto worth. Gotcha.

But still it's a nice sum. But divided between members and agencies meh :(

That's one part of K-pop that I don't like.

Actually less than you think. If you remember back to when Mnet and CJE&M finally admitted to the scandal they said that they would divert their profits to all those who were affected by the scandals. In other words they had to divide their profits much more than normal. Thus they weren't making nearly as much money as most people think. If the group disbands and a new group is formed they don't need to pay those other agencies and individuals anything anymore.

I'm not sure if I believe this though but it may be why CJE&M didn't really push too hard to have IZ*ONE continue as it wasn't really that big of a cash cow for them.

Wow, such amazing insight. I never would've known!

• Actually less than you think. If you remember back to when Mnet and CJE&M finally admitted to the scandal they said that they would divert their profits to all those who were affected by the scandals. In other words they had to divide their profits much more than normal. Thus they weren't making nearly as much money as most people think. If the group disbands and a new group is formed they don't need to pay those other agencies and individuals anything anymore.

I'm not sure if I believe this though but it may be why CJE&M didn't really push too hard to have IZ*ONE continue as it wasn't really that big of a cash cow for them.

Actually it was CJ cut .

So all the profit that go to CJ Will go to those who were affected.

And abouthe contract things.

Everybody know that .

But if u follow their activity really closely the posibility of extension are high . With some member talking about schedule and future project and future song(comeback),etc.

Especially on sakura radio.

There's alot of indication.

It is expected but at the same time it's not .

Depending on if u're really following them or just a casual listener.

It basically just like gfriend .

And u can see it rushed AF.

Even the last concert was never marketed as the last concert when it was announced.

Unlike the previous produce group.

They announced the group not extending only a few days before the concert start.

And if u watch the concert some of them was Asked to to closing comment and 1 member only did a concert closing comment .

Untill staff told her to do a last group goodbye comment . And u can see the member flushtered.

Like WTF is that

Honestly is that how u do a disbandment??

And let's not forget the elephant in the room, PUP project that already garnered 3 million USD from kr fans only.

All IM gonna say is the chance of full group is slim but a unit is entirely possible. And IM happy even with just a unit.

But it's a double edged sword.

Coz i don't think alot of people that back the project Will happy with just a unit. Coz some wizone are kinda wild.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!