Do you think Lee JIeun's Celebrity is going to be her 2nd Kpop song?

• Lee Jieun has been in Korean Pop scene for 14 years but she only has had one single KPop hit, BBiBBi, on 2018.

Although she is KPop's Senior Singer, her greatest shortfall is that she was irrelevant to KPop fans around the world.

It seems her new song, whose music video was created by the same people who created the BBiBBi music video, is aimed for the world.

Some say it is in a BlackPink style.

Some say it is like Chainsmokers.

I think it is more like BlackPink, but in any case, KPop's Greatest Anachronism sung a song which appears to be catering to the world, telling every listener that he/she is a celebrity, which is kinda in a same vein with BTS' songs as well.

It looks like @dlwlrma finally has a second Kpop Song, although 2 KPop songs in a 14 year career appears to be too few. We might have to wait for 3 more years before she has another KPop song.

• Does it really matter if its a "kpop" song or not - does it matter if its a ballad or operatic or jazz or whatever - isn't the real question do you enjoy the song

Yes - listen to it enjoy it

No - Don't listen again

Why does it matter if its "kpop" or not

• It is a boring song.

It is kinda slow, which is why some people compare it to Chainsmokers.

A lot of people probably expected another Dolphin because it is written by the same folks who wrote that song, but she managed to make it quite bland

• A KPop song is the kind of song which makes international fans swoon. While BBiBBi was not exactly a normal "KPop" song it was popular enough among the world fans to approach a 200m view so it is considered to be a Kpop song.

It does matter whether the ifans like it or not since a song not liked by ifans is not Kpop

• If you're calling bbibbi a "kpop" then u should for blueming too. Blueming is popular among i-fans

:!: :!: :!:

Just 88M views after one year and 2 months. Not exactly a hit

BbiBbi had an average of 200k viewers for day, despite of the fact that it was released 1 year earlier than Blueming

Blueming had an average of 180k viewers for day

So the ifans preferred BbiBbi to Blooming.

• A KPop song is the kind of song which makes international fans swoon. While BBiBBi was not exactly a normal "KPop" song it was popular enough among the world fans to approach a 200m view so it is considered to be a Kpop song.

It does matter whether the ifans like it or not since a song not liked by ifans is not Kpop

well IU's target market has never been the western market - she's beloved enough to be able to tour in Asia where they love her so. Her main market is and probably will remain Korea - and also I don't think anybody as ever called her a kpop artist she's more like a Korean artist since like you said her music is less kpoppie

• well IU's target market has never been the western market - she's beloved enough to be able to tour in Asia where they love her so. Her main market is and probably will remain Korea - and also I don't think anybody as ever called her a kpop artist she's more like a Korean artist since like you said her music is less kpoppie

That is true, but that leads to a very uncomfortable situation where a Senior Singer who has been in the industry forever has not contributed anything to KPop until quite late in her career.

She appears to be paying more attention to international fans, because of 1) money and 2) influence.

• That is true, but that leads to a very uncomfortable situation where a Senior Singer who has been in the industry forever has not contributed anything to KPop until quite late in her career.

She appears to be paying more attention to international fans, because of 1) money and 2) influence.

maybe after all gotta go where the $$$ is right - it'll be stupid not to follow the money

• Oh so now we're categorizing "kpop" by yt views. I thought views are irrelevant

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• maybe after all gotta go where the $$$ is right - it'll be stupid not to follow the money

Lee Jieun had earned the most money in Kpop on 2017

https://www.allkpop.com/forum/…stimate-2012-2017.157483/

by domestic activities alone.

However, the climate has changed and now the trottists are running amok, and Lee Jieun probably felt she had to expand her reach in the overseas to stay relevant now the domestic market is full of trot.

• Well that's good right? you gotta go where the money is and idols are earning less as well because Korea is simply not interested in them anymore so one does have to diversify to other countries in order to continue to earn money.

• Oh so now we're categorizing "kpop" by yt views. I thought views are irrelevant

I have always considered views to be important since it is a barometer about how popular a song is outside of korea.

I wrote this back in 2015

https://onehallyu.com/topic/21…=comments#comment-9770810

>

However, all of them were defeated by one single person who does not have a video of 30 million views to claim.

IU's most watched video has 27 million views after 1 year and 3 months - and it is not even something which only features herself. SNSD's Party reached 30 million after one month.

SNSD's Gee(2009) has 144m views and counting - IU's Good Day(2010), which might be more enduring in Korea than Gee, only has 1/10th of that views and will probably never crack 20 mil.

SNSD's The Boys has 122m views plus 12m in the evo version, making the total 'official' view at 134m - IU's You & I, which decisively defeated that song, has 11m views in the original version and 7m views in the 'performance' version, making the total views at 18m.

So, the world cared about 7 times more about SNSD than IU, and probably more since IU's views are very highly skewed toward Korea itself.

But the sad truth that, IU, who has about 60,000 hard-core fans who will buy her disks (and most of them are in Korea) has reached the top position although she only had about 0.12% of the entire Korean population (about 50m) who were the die-hard fans of hers.

===

Thanks to this post, the world now has a record of how pathetic Lee Jieun's music video views were around August 2015.

And that is AFTER the producers raised her position in the sinosphere a bit.

Youtube views are important, and I have said quite a few times that thanks to BBiBBi, Lee Jieun can now call herself a Kpop singer despite of the inconvenient fact that she contributed almost nothing to it.

====

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!