What changes will kindom make in 4th boy groups popularity in korea

• Queendom gave big popularity boosts to some participant ggs in korea. Which bgs will get that benefit.

Also what is current ranking of 4th gen boy groups solely based on popularity in korea and what changes would happed due to kingdom

• I'm the most familiar with The Boyz.

They've been in the top 10 brand reputation since last year september I think?

They also charted on Bugs, Genie and Melon old system pretty high + debuted on Billboard top 10 K-pop 100 with their Kingdom's finale song 'Kingdom Come'.

I can't wait to see how their comeback will be recieved, I have a good feeling!

Edited 2 times, last by keaji ().

• I'm the most familiar with The Boyz.

They've been in the top 10 brand reputation since last year september I think?

They also charted on Bugs, Genie and Melin pretty high + debuted on Billboard top 10 K-pop 100 with their Kingdom's finale song 'Kingdom Come'.

I can't wait to see how their comeback will be recieved, I have a good feeling!

Are the boyz more popular than txt in korea and didn't they debut in 2017, are they considered 4th gen?

• seems like the boyz will get the biggest push from kingdom. they already had a sizable fandom in korea but they’ve really grown a lot after rtk and kingdom. people don’t include them in the 4th gen bg talks even though they’re outcharting and outperforming most of their peers in korea. kinda sad but they’re rising like underdogs

• Are the boyz more popular than txt in korea and didn't they debut in 2017, are they considered 4th gen?

Well this is the never ending debate (about them being 4th gen). You asked about Kingdom's 4th gen groups, I assumed you counted them in too.

Most people count them as 4th gen group because they debuted in december of 2017 and recieved rookie awards with other groups that debuted in 2018 and are counted as 4th gen.

But I don't care about the generations much, it's a neverending discussion.

Are they more popular than txt in Korea? I don't know, probably not haha, but not that far behind

Edited once, last by keaji ().

• well i guess if we're discussing popularity in korea then this is the right forum to do it in since after all most of us are koreans and korean experts...

• well i guess if we're discussing popularity in korea then this is the right forum to do it in since after all most of us are koreans and korean experts...

Ahaha exactly :D I don't even know about the popularity otherwise, I can only assume based on what I see people talking about.

• Tbz are the ones showing promising results, plus Juyeon is becoming an It Boy, so I think they are the real winners already. I expect them to chart on melon + get a significant increase in physical sales

The others will get better better physical sales for sure, and maybe higher rankings on Bugs or genie but I don't think much on melon

• idk.. but I have a really good feeling about the boyz.. this first comeback after kingdom but especially the second comeback after kingdom...

call it intuition maybe? idk.. but whatever comeback they have around end of this year/beginning of next year is gonna be a blast..

as for stats,

the boyz are doing best domestically among kingdom 4th gen groups... expect some increase in physical sales, hopefully melon charting in 24hits for a small while at least and overall a successful comeback..

• THE Boyz could probably end up joining TXT as the only 4th BGs to chart on Melon 24Hits and Flo. (ATM TXT is still the only 4th gen BGs to do so and have done so with their past three releases). The boyz charted in around the 100s for their last cb for melon, so i could definetly see them entering the top 100 with their upcoming cb whenever it is.

They'll also gain in physical sales (even with RTK gave them an almost 300k boost in physical sales). I could definetly see all groups gaining in physical sales with SKZ, Ateez and The boyz seeing the biggest boosts in physicals.

• All the 4th Gen groups will see a better domestic presence. Stray Kids entered the old Melon Top 100 for the first time with Wolfgang so Kingdom has clearly gotten them domestic fans. They charted in at #95 in the OLD Melon chart and I expect that number to rise when they have an official comeback as it did for ONF post-RTK.

But, if we're talking bout who will get the biggest domestic advantage, it'll probably be The Boyz. They were already the most popular out of the ZZZs domestically before Kingdom, but their Korean fanbase has grown and gotten more dedicated. Their digital ranking for Kingdom Come was even better than the one for The Stealer, which was an actual promoted comeback.

Here are just a few things they've achieved post-Kingdom in Korean charts:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Highest 4th Gen BG peak on Gaon's Digital Chart

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great peak on the Download Chart as well:

They also have the highest weekly index points for a 4th Gen BG on Gaon's digital chart:

Next is TXT:

So while they may not be on TXT's level (especially internationally), they might get there if they show the same growth. Remember, all of these achievements are for a non-promoted song. Their fandom will 100% go harder with a comeback. Their RTK finale ranked #61 on Melon's Old chart and their first post-RTK comeback title ranked #12. Their domestic fandom is also super organized with streaming given that they've done it for two survival shows now.

Juyeon is also one of the only 4th Gen BG members who's been on a major variety show this year (Hangout with Yoo) so if he continues to get high profile gigs, he'll bring in a lot more domestic fans.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!