i find bts' radio points compared to their biggest competition very interesting

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

people have been calling olivia the next big u.s pop girl but all she has 100% on lock is highly inflated streams that seem almost fishy though no1 wants to point it out:

i really wonder what this says. many western stans have been attempting to say bts is "fraudulent" just bc armys buy their music. but its very hypocritical for them to act like they wouldn't do the same thing for their favs if their fandoms actually had the size and organization to pull it off. bc most of the western pop girls have fandoms carrying out similar mass buying and donation plans as armys. its just nowhere near as successful.

bts is truly bigger in the u.s than anyone thinks and that's the reason they decimate, devastate, and shock everyone every time they come back with a song targeting the global market.

feel free to share your thoughts and opinions

7c707ea8e5b6882524bdf1a72eae72e9afa10b71.gif

i can't stand that i'm the last thing on your mind

• I find if funny that they call Armys bots but they can't seem to realize the fact that bots can't fill stadiums. Not only that the whole making fun of BTS's streaming numbers, and saying that their sales are "mass buying" but don't look at others' streaming numbers.

Even if we divide Butter's sales by 4 they still outsell the rest of the people on bb hot 100. Which is hilarious as people are claiming that other song's are much more popular but those songs can't outsell a song that "apparently no one knows".

To Pikachu-Senpai, the most loving person on this forum

The one who always supported me and others

I will never forget you

<3 I miss you Pikachu <3

Whenever those days come
    You tell me how precious I am
    All those words you say
    Everything’s alright
    From nobody to somebody
    I become a very special me

You make me feel special

It's only winter here even in June

Snowflakes fall down

And fall apart little by little

I miss you(I miss you)

bogo shipda

BTS Blackpink Twice Sakura

ezgif.com-gif-maker - 2021-06-29T174142.674.gif

• My only thought is that's interesting that 3 different songs are leading in streams, sales and airplay. I.e., there's no incontestable leader.

i don't think thats particularly unusual except for huge, viral, all around hits which would dominate all, which neither of these leading songs are per se, tho hits nonetheless.

-leading in sales means dedicated fans/buyers

-leading in streams usually insinuates some kind of virality tho olivia has been very pushed by her agency on playlists ect to get there

-leading in airplay is usually some kind of overall industry push or industry demand.

• the chart has always been manipulated

- favorable listing

- favorable radio plays

- orchestrated "scandals"

in the past it was a few people in the shadow

now it's thousands in the limelight

all this whining is just adding salt to my butter

i understand their "rant" but i find it funny they don't see the irony.

• My only thought is that's interesting that 3 different songs are leading in streams, sales and airplay. I.e., there's no incontestable leader.

U rarely find songs that lead in everything. Radio takes time to catch on and grow while streams and sales reduce with time. Uptown Funk was dominant #1 for weeks on all three.

Can't believe some people r still doubting Olivia's streams. lol. Nothing fishy.

╰☆☆ 𝚂𝙸𝚈𝙴𝙾𝙽 ☆☆╮

a9ccfc9dea7c5acf4f5d582bc5bd5c99b632697d.gifv 7f64f051dca35eed5c78d75a43062cab725d7b96.gifv 870bd9dd3fee86616545fc95297446820fc38622.gifv

• This is the comment.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Honestly everything can be manipulated, but I don't think you can manipulate your way into 3 #1 or 3 #2.

Both songs are legit ( in the US at least... ). A song charting high because of sales is just as legit as a song charting high because of streams, imo.

• Butter has sales and sales are the only component not manipulated by labels and industry. I do find it very interesting how radio play doesnt even line up with streams. Theres been many songs on the chart that dont get any streams, dont get any sales either, but for some reason have enough radio play to keep them in top 10/20.

And now with the Spotify discovery mode, streams have become almost as suspect as radio. I have 3 songs out of 30 on my release radar for which I can see any justification at all for them being there :pepe-cross:

• Honestly everything can be manipulated, but I don't think you can manipulate your way into 3 #1 or 3 #2.

Both songs are legit ( in the US at least... ). A song charting high because of sales is just as legit as a song charting high because of streams, imo.

i never insinuated olivia's spot is manipulated in that sense tho. she is the spitting image of an industry plant. legit fraud would be smoked out, but people with industry connections getting pushed heavily behind the scenes and making it to #1 is not unusual. its not hard to trick people into becoming fans of someone in the way. billie eillish and meghan trainor were similar cases.

the things her company did on spotify to push her song there is what contributing to that crazy streams disparity.

More legit, since sales arent manipulated by payola or playlisting and discovery mode. Its pure organic consumer interest.

• Interesting.

Where are those OR's token stans who said Butter did radio payola? OR now has almost the same radio points as BTS, is that payola too? :teeheek:

I guess they are hiding in shame now lol.

I will never forget you

<3 I miss you Pikachu <3

Whenever those days come
    All those words you say
    Everything’s alright
    From nobody to somebody

You make me feel special

Snowflakes fall down

I miss you(I miss you)

bogo shipda

• All in all, there isn't a completely spotless true way to decide a true hit.

But when you come to think about it, sales is probably the most cleanest category, even if it isn't spotless it is still better than the other 2.

Streaming-the same group of people can stream one song millions of times and it would still be towards charts. Not only that spotify streams take more value more than youtube even though youtube is the biggest streaming platform.

Radio- Well this is probably the most weirdest category, it doesn't really tell how popular a song is whatsoever

Sales-Sales show that people are actually buying music, and we can tell how many could be legitimate. For example, lets assume someone got 100k sales and that every single person that contributed bought it 4 times(the most amount of times you can buy a song and it would count towards charts) Divide the sales by 4 and you get 25,000 and compare to other sales and see which is bigger.

I will never forget you

<3 I miss you Pikachu <3

Whenever those days come
    All those words you say
    Everything’s alright
    From nobody to somebody

You make me feel special

Snowflakes fall down

I miss you(I miss you)

bogo shipda

• i never insinuated olivia's spot is manipulated in that sense tho. she is the spitting image of an industry plant. legit fraud would be smoked out, but people with industry connections getting pushed heavily behind the scenes and making it to #1 is not unusual. its not hard to trick people into becoming fans of someone in the way. billie eillish and meghan trainor were similar cases.

the things her company did on spotify to push her song there is what contributing to that crazy streams disparity.

Billie wasn't the same imo...She had a huge YouTube following.

Meghan was shoved down our throats for sure tho. I liked her stuff... She should come back tbh.

• Billie wasn't the same imo...She had a huge YouTube following.

Meghan was shoved down our throats for sure tho. I liked her stuff... She should come back tbh.

i said similar, not the same. billie eillish has heavy industry connections in her family. thats just a fact. its not hard to manufacture youtube success either. js lol

• I think the whole hate wave against bts just proves that the fangirl stigma is still a big misogynistic problem in our society. Here we have acts who are also successful due to their fans or connections (even if people deny it but acts that i have never seen before suddenly get an unhealthy amount of publicity - not by fans rather by the medias which is a sign) but people call them gp lovelies or favorites and then we have bts a group with so many fans and a fandom that grew by the years and started to go global but suddenly they are bots or just brainless fangirls. In the end of the day people nevertheless whether they are calling themselves fan or not are streaming their favorite songs and people should stop using the fandom excuse. They should just admit:

Their faves would want the same that bts is having right now. A loyal, creative, interesting and motivating crowd of people all around the globe with a lot of diversity sharing and helping the same artist with a unbeatable passion. That’s a fact

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!