I'm here to remind you all of some memories probably everyone has experienced

• -When you are sick as a kid and miss school and keep glancing at the clock- knowing exactly what your classmates are doing at that time. "oh its 2 pm..they're in science" Meanwhile you're lying on the couch and watching TV (I loved school though so I wasn't always that happy to be home lol)

-When you hear the ice cream truck/ see an ice cream stand (day instantly made) (does anyone still see ice cream trucks?)

-When you know you're getting pizza (or any treat) in school that day (at the school I went to, if we did good on something- like a class-wide project, our teacher would schedule a pizza party, just for our class. it was always exciting knowing just your class is getting pizza and likewise it was a major source of envy when you saw pizza being delivered to the neighboring class

-when you're playing at friend's house and throw a tantrum/hide from your parents when they come to pick you up. I remember sometimes telling my parents "can I stayyy for like 2 more hours??! come back after 2 hours!!"....probably to the horror of my friend's parents. they were probably thinking "...no please go you've been here for quite a while"

-when you daydream in class and suddenly you're called on to read out loud next and you don't know where on earth you are supposed to begin reading from. the teacher then has to tell you and do the usual "can someone please show them where we are??"

-when you walk into your class and see a substitute teacher that day and know that you can have a chill day at school lol

Add things you remember!

Edited once, last by booople ().

• 1) who goes to school at 2pm?

2) we don't have such trucks here

3) why woould you have pizza in school? since when do you even eat in class?

4) Why would you cry about going home?

5) That never happend to me

6) If you go into class and the teacher is there before you that allways means the teacher will kick your ass so how are you suposed to have " a chill day" ?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I'm sure OP is talking about American experiences here :sweatr:

Anyway, I found pretty much everything on this list relatable except the ice cream trunk one since I never really ate ice cream as a kid :peperain:

• Ahh yes pizza parties. Yeah my school would award those to classes for stuff like raising the most money for a fundraiser or something.

I remember one of my favorite things as a kid in school was the computer lab. When we would finish whatever "work" we had, we would get free time to do stuff on it. So I remember playing Poptropica and trying to create masterpieces™ in ms paint.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I'm from the US but I wrote this list keeping in mind that not everyone will have had the same experiences, which is why i didn't include some that might be specific to only the US (things like getting picked for sports teams based on popularity in physical education class)

But, I can really only speak for myself.

1) What time did you get out of school? 8 to 3 where I am from and even in other parts of the world i was under the impression school hours are similar, give or take an hour or two. I mean who is at home as early as 2 pm??

2) Do you have food carts or food trucks ??

3) Have you ever eaten a TREAT at school? doesn't have to be pizza. and eating in class is normal during class parties or rainy days. at the end, everyone has to clean up after themselves/other students and help recycle all the trash.

4) Cause you're having fun. Simple. I mean even if you've never had this experience I kind of thought this one is a no-brainer, even with cultural differences.

5) Well you definitely pay attention well lol

6) Not in America. Teachers don't "kick your ass" for being there before you. In fact, the teacher is always there before students- they have the keys to their classroom and have to unlock it and usually greet students as they enter the classroom. Teachers usually arrive half an hour before the class actually starts. So, if you get to class and the teacher is already there, that doesn't mean you are late. You are only considered late if you arrive after 8 am (or whatever time your school starts).

And if you walk into class and see a substitute teacher you know that you will have a slightly more relaxed day because if your teacher is sick, they usually leave a simplified lesson plan for the substitute teacher. Less of learning new things that the teacher might want to teach themselves and more of revising previously taught material/sometimes even watching a movie in the afternoon or playing outdoors.

I did say you could share things you remember from your own childhood lol.

• Ahh yes pizza parties. Yeah my school would award those to classes for stuff like raising the most money for a fundraiser or something.

I remember one of my favorite things as a kid in school was the computer lab. When we would finish whatever "work" we had, we would get free time to do stuff on it. So I remember playing Poptropica and trying to create masterpieces™ in ms paint.

I loved the computer lab too! Did you ever play Oregon Trail? :-D

• 1) depending on it school was 4 days beginning at 7:45 and 1 day at 8:30. end was 4 days at 13:00 and 1 day 12:15

2) no

3) You were only allowed to eat the food your mom packed for you during the breaks (that means 9:20-9:40 and 11:10-11:30)

6) here the teacher will want you to be there before you so they know all students are on place when lesson begins. If students are late many teacher will get mad cause you may interuped them teaching important stuff. If you come 5 minutes to late it will be writtin in a book for your class. if you come more as 15 minutes to late depending on it you will have to stay half an hour more after school as punichment, if it's just 5 minutes it will ad up till you get enough minutes to stay longer in school as punichment . Most of the time your than sit in school for up to 2 hour extra and get forced to copy the school's laws into your notebook. the badder you are as student the more you get to write aka if you have to spend many days longer in school you might finish to write all laws of your school down

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• what about that feeling when your teacher doesn't arrive and you get a substitute and you're like yes!!!! slack off day\

and the reverse feeling

exactly like the above but instead of a random substitute you get the vice principal or principal instead lol

• what about that feeling when your teacher doesn't arrive and you get a substitute and you're like yes!!!! slack off day\

and the reverse feeling

exactly like the above but instead of a random substitute you get the vice principal or principal instead lol

hahahah the reverse feeling is definitely the worst! we had a nice principal though but still...can't watch a movie with the principal being there :-D

• 1) depending on it school was 4 days beginning at 7:45 and 1 day at 8:30. end was 4 days at 13:00 and 1 day 12:15

2) no

3) You were only allowed to eat the food your mom packed for you during the breaks (that means 9:20-9:40 and 11:10-11:30)

6) here the teacher will want you to be there before you so they know all students are on place when lesson begins. If students are late many teacher will get mad cause you may interuped them teaching important stuff. If you come 5 minutes to late it will be writtin in a book for your class. if you come more as 15 minutes to late depending on it you will have to stay half an hour more after school as punichment, if it's just 5 minutes it will ad up till you get enough minutes to stay longer in school as punichment . Most of the time your than sit in school for up to 2 hour extra and get forced to copy the school's laws into your notebook. the badder you are as student the more you get to write aka if you have to spend many days longer in school you might finish to write all laws of your school down

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious

Sounds like you had some pretty short days but stricter rules!

I definitely got in trouble for being late too lol mostly it was just warnings in elementary and middle school, but in high school I would have to come in on Saturday and attend detention for being late too many times on weekdays. It was really just a quiet study period where we could do whatever we wanted, quietly. We would get a free lunch too ^^ all of us tardy kids

• Ah I never had actually. Shame I missed out on it. :wilds:

What you did sounds more fun anyway! I've never played Poptropica but I just looked it up! That looks fun.

Oregon trail was about 19th century pioneer life and crossing the oregon trail. You were a wagon leader guiding a group of pioneers and had to battle things like dysentery and getting enough food for everyone and your wagon breaking down and someone stealing your goods and things like that :-D

• Wow yes I totally remember that!

That sweaty palm moment when the teacher says "okay I think we can squeeze in two more" and you're one of those two

• we had that too there was this one guy in my class that donated like 300$ so our class won

*sigh* even as kids, we live in a rich man's world lol. Yeah, it's also a specific few kids with rich parents that would help a lot sometimes.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!