Police decide ITZY Lia's classmate was not committing defamation in post exposing school bullying

• Police decide ITZY Lia's classmate was not committing defamation in post exposing school bullying

Source: Yonhap News via Naver

1. [+2,380, -42] If a victim is claiming that they suffered school bullying, then the attacker should apologize. How dare you file a lawsuit for defamation? That's just rock bottom character ㅠㅠㅠ People with poor character are always ticking time bombs.

2. [+837, -21] Seems like Park Jin Young has no problem protecting his own no matter what bad thing they've done. Sigh, can't trust anyone anymore.

3. [+538, -14] If she won the defamation lawsuit... then she should counter sue right back~~~

4. [+363, -32] Iljins should just be given the death penalty. If you think of all the kids who took their own lives after suffering at the hands of iljins, even the death penalty isn't enough for them.

5. [+166, -0] As if bullying others wasn't bad enough, she had the nerve to sue someone for coming out with it. What a piece of total trash.

6. [+131, -2] So this is basically legal confirmation that she was a school bully. It's only been rumors up till now but the police basically confirmed that they're true then.

7. [+78, -1] JYP is terrible... they should've been looking into the truth and getting ready to apologize but all they did was blindly believe their own idol and threaten with a lawsuit. They deserve to flop.

8. [+66, -3] Park Jin Young-ssi is normally the type to disband a group with a scandal like school bullying but I think he's too greedy now to throw ITZY away. Let's please assess character before debuting people. Stop picking kids with empty brains ㅠㅠ I really thought Park Jin Young would know better.

9. [+59, -1] Really disappointed in JYP....

-

Source: Naver

1. [+958, -7] Lia has now become a school bully that even the police have confirmed... ㅋㅋ

2. [+450, -9] Suing the classmate for defamation basically turned into confirming the rumors. I'm so glad for the victim. Imagine how difficult it must've been for her with JYP threatening lawsuit... I always had a positive image of JYP but this is disappointing.

3. [+390, -5] What kind of country's laws allows an attacker to sue their own victim. Serves her right.

4. [+193, -7] Super disappointed in JYP... their image is basically on par with YG now...

5. [+158, -1] How shameless to skip the apology and instead go straight to a defamation lawsuit

6. [+42, -1] I always thought JYP used to run investigations before taking action. Seems like they just go straight to lawsuits now. I guess character isn't important to them anymore.

7. [+29, -0] That poor child, just barely in her twenties, and having to put up with police investigations because of this defamation lawsuit. I hope this celebrity reflects on herself...

8. [+30, -2] Thank goodness the police did their job this time. Can you imagine if the victim actually lost the lawsuit? Thinking of that actually makes me angry ㅡㅡ actually, why would you even sue her?

• Official Post

Not moving forward on defamation doesn't mean the claims are true. It just means there's lack of proof for a court of law. I don't think people realize how hard it is to prove defamation of character.

Also it's glad to see that all of these anti-bullying crusaders are right back to their bullying tactics.

• Not moving forward on defamation doesn't mean the claims are true. It just means there's lack of proof for a court of law. I don't think people realize how hard it is to prove defamation of character.

Also it's glad to see that all of these anti-bullying crusaders are right back to their bullying tactics.

That is why I am curious to know the article contents and what the bullying is.

• interesting...

like quark said above...the lack of proof does not proof bullying or otherwise...

thus people are still free to believe whatever they want to believe...

• Hmm so,

what the victims experienced must be some kind of true story??

hot post from theqoo with more than 1k comments:

It has been confirmed that the police have concluded that there are no charges against a classmate who was accused of defamation after claiming to have suffered school violence (school violence) from Lia (real name Choi Ji-soo, 21) of girl group ITZY.

The Incheon Yeonsu Police Station announced on the 13th that it had decided not to send a woman in her 20s who was accused of defamation under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, with no charges.

After investigating Mr. A, the police decided that it was difficult to apply the charge of defamation. The police judged that Mr. A's post on the online community was only an expression of what he had experienced and that it was difficult to see that it was written to slander Leah, and there was not enough clear evidence to believe that Mr. A's writing was fake.

source: https://theqoo.net/2028836458

• Hmm so,

what the victims experienced must be some kind of true story??

Not at all.

The “victim” never used lias name. They used 2000 idol with right shoulder angle , which everyone knows is Lia.

So police said they can’t sue for defamation as it didn’t use lias name and was just a person expressing their experience

• interesting...

like quark said above...the lack of proof does not proof bullying or otherwise...

thus people are still free to believe whatever they want to believe...

this is what i found from the NB comment :

The police said, "We called both Ms. A and Lia's side to investigate," and said that Ms. A wrote the article based on her own experience and not false facts. (source: https://theqoo.net/2028926599)

Edit : seems like the link isnt working so jst forget it

Anyway things are not looking good for lia and jype and now some of knetz even dragging others itzy members because of this. lets see how JYP gonna handle this issues

• hot post from theqoo with more than 1k comments:

It has been confirmed that the police have concluded that there are no charges against a classmate who was accused of defamation after claiming to have suffered school violence (school violence) from Lia (real name Choi Ji-soo, 21) of girl group ITZY.

The Incheon Yeonsu Police Station announced on the 13th that it had decided not to send a woman in her 20s who was accused of defamation under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, with no charges.

After investigating Mr. A, the police decided that it was difficult to apply the charge of defamation. The police judged that Mr. A's post on the online community was only an expression of what he had experienced and that it was difficult to see that it was written to slander Leah, and there was not enough clear evidence to believe that Mr. A's writing was fake.

source: https://theqoo.net/2028836458

All this means is that the police couldnt prove slander.

Now it's up to either party to plead their case if they want to in the court of public opinion or an actual court of law.

• Official Post

Not at all.

The “victim” never used lias name. They used 2000 idol with right shoulder angle , which everyone knows is Lia.

So police said they can’t sue for defamation as it didn’t use lias name and was just a person expressing their experience

Gotta love loopholes. This is also why gossip rags do blind items.

• All this means is that the police couldnt prove slander.

Now it's up to either party to plead their case if they want to in the court of public opinion or an actual court of law.

and thus the court of public opinion will always be stronger and more influential...

• apparently, could be true.

why did stupid JYP threaten to sue right away before checking the facts first, or did Lia lie and they blindly believed her!!! sigh... this is going to ruin ITZY's image as a whole.

Edited 2 times, last by haj1ma ().

• Because apparently police didnt charge the victim for telling lies and the victim basically win on this situation rn

Bad terminology. There is no Victim unless it has been proven. You have the accuser and you that the accused. A "accused" Lia indirectly of bullying and claiming that she is a victim of school bullying from Lia. JYP then sued A stating that A was trying to defame one of their artists by lying. The the accuser in the lawsuit is JYP and the accused is now in that defamation case person A. The police said that there is insufficient evidence to prove that person A was making up the story in order for them to defame Lia. That's it. The wording is a bit strange because they are saying that they can't prove it was done deliberately. From what I can tell this is a he said / she said case and no third party witnesses no timeline investigation etc... I think this is round one. After this will come timeline investigations by JYP. Did other people witness the alleged bullying, was there any messages stating that person A complained to another person at the time of the incidents that it was taking place etc...

From what I've heard around is that an article was written out of the blue accusing Lia of being a bully. The bullying in the form of not paying back the a person and cursing at them after refusing to pay it back. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that).

• Police decide ITZY Lia's classmate was not committing defamation in post exposing school bullying

1. [+2,380, -42] If a victim is claiming that they suffered school bullying, then the attacker should apologize. How dare you file a lawsuit for defamation? That's just rock bottom character ㅠㅠㅠ People with poor character are always ticking time bombs.

what bothers me is how they always act like the accusations are 100% confirmed to be true...like why would someone apologize for something they potentially aren't guilty for??

• apparently, it's true.

why did stupid JYP threaten to sue right away before checking the facts first, or did Lia lie and they blindly believed her!!! sigh... this is going to ruin ITZY's image as a whole. best option was to just boot her off the group and they need to apologize, she is easily the most forgettable member, ITZY will be fine without her.

It's true?! damnnnn

Desbundar

• they checked with op and the victim wasn't lying, she was a class mate with Lia, but there is a lack of evidence that confirm it, but most likely it's true. there's no reason why would she claim that!!

that is NOT what the police article said. They said they couldn't prove that she was lying. BIG DIFFERENCE.

• From what I could understand the police determinated the accuser couldn't be sued for defamation since they heard both them and Lia and stated that the accuser's story seemed to be written only to innocently share their story and not to create some slander against Lia. At the same time, JYP couldn't prove that what was written were lies. And the reason is obvious, It's hard to prove this kind of things.

Does it mean Lia is guilty? Not necessarily. She can be guilty or the person is just a very good writer.

• they checked with op and the victim wasn't lying, she was a class mate with Lia, but there is a lack of evidence that confirm it, but most likely it's true. there's no reason why would she claim that!!

a LACK of evidence doesn't prove anything. In fact a LACK of evidence means there is no proof.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

0003922548_001_20210613100901633.jpg

Article: Classmate who posted about ITZY Lia's school bullying determined 'innocent' in defamation lawsuit

2. [+837, -21] Seems like Park Jin Young has no problem protecting his own no matter what bad thing they've done. Sigh, can't trust anyone anymore.

3. [+538, -14] If she won the defamation lawsuit... then she should counter sue right back~~~

4. [+363, -32] Iljins should just be given the death penalty. If you think of all the kids who took their own lives after suffering at the hands of iljins, even the death penalty isn't enough for them.

5. [+166, -0] As if bullying others wasn't bad enough, she had the nerve to sue someone for coming out with it. What a piece of total trash.

6. [+131, -2] So this is basically legal confirmation that she was a school bully. It's only been rumors up till now but the police basically confirmed that they're true then.

7. [+78, -1] JYP is terrible... they should've been looking into the truth and getting ready to apologize but all they did was blindly believe their own idol and threaten with a lawsuit. They deserve to flop.

8. [+66, -3] Park Jin Young-ssi is normally the type to disband a group with a scandal like school bullying but I think he's too greedy now to throw ITZY away. Let's please assess character before debuting people. Stop picking kids with empty brains ㅠㅠ I really thought Park Jin Young would know better.

9. [+59, -1] Really disappointed in JYP....

Source: Naver

1. [+958, -7] Lia has now become a school bully that even the police have confirmed... ㅋㅋ

2. [+450, -9] Suing the classmate for defamation basically turned into confirming the rumors. I'm so glad for the victim. Imagine how difficult it must've been for her with JYP threatening lawsuit... I always had a positive image of JYP but this is disappointing.

3. [+390, -5] What kind of country's laws allows an attacker to sue their own victim. Serves her right.

4. [+193, -7] Super disappointed in JYP... their image is basically on par with YG now...

5. [+158, -1] How shameless to skip the apology and instead go straight to a defamation lawsuit

6. [+42, -1] I always thought JYP used to run investigations before taking action. Seems like they just go straight to lawsuits now. I guess character isn't important to them anymore.

7. [+29, -0] That poor child, just barely in her twenties, and having to put up with police investigations because of this defamation lawsuit. I hope this celebrity reflects on herself...

8. [+30, -2] Thank goodness the police did their job this time. Can you imagine if the victim actually lost the lawsuit? Thinking of that actually makes me angry ㅡㅡ actually, why would you even sue her?

• Could be true, could not be true. As we've seen, sometimes people have been innocently framed and sometimes they are definitely guilty.

What has happened so far, is that JYP said the other person- Lia's classmate- is trying to defame Lia. The police looked into the student's stories to check the defamation claim and they say they cannot prove that the classmate is trying to defame Lia in any way. Meaning, there are no major loopholes or huge lies in her story.

It means the classmate could be telling the truth....or could be carefully crafting a story that is believable.

As someone else said it's just a he said/she said game. Other classmates need to be spoken to.

To anyone who is getting bullied, please just report that person ASAP. It's very hard to investigate these things when years have passed.

Anyway the truth will eventually come to light here. There's got to be something that would either prove Lia's innocence or the accuser's claims.

• This thread contains 96 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!