Official Digital Thread

• Actually, once a song gets around 700M, that's when it gets certified. I've used that system multiple times for different songs and I'm right 95% of the time.

Psycho and hip and dyna got it as soon as they got 700M+? Maybe fancy reached it after being out of top100 so the streams didn't reach it or eventually it'll get certified ?

..:* :**:. .:**:.*.:.

04434535149d480644979509a033f1412f0a8b79.gifv 9f94f4554694478127beddde683e313fd35bd916.gifv 96bd481068553f584de446481c17bf31d11a505c.gifv

• Psycho and hip and dyna got it as soon as they got 700M+?

Maybe fancy reached it after being out of top100 so the streams didn't reach it or eventually it'll get certified ?

1. Yes.

2. Correct, FANCY hit 707M with the 2020 yearly chart update. It's been out of the top 200 for months now.

It could still get certified though, Senorita just got 1P and I haven't seen it chart in a long time.

• A forever mystery for me will be how blinding lights made no noise in sk. Looks like it was way more dominant in europe and america. Big longevity.

Not surprising. SK's taste doesnt really correlate with other part of the world. ASIB didnt make much impact in SK too

• Actually, once a song gets around 700M, that's when it gets certified. I've used that system multiple times for different songs and I'm right 95% of the time.

The songs that I've paid attention to got it at about 750m, which would explain why Fancy hasn't gotten one yet. I have no doubt you've paid greater attention to a wider variety of songs though.

But it's really hard to know with Gaon. At least its not downloads, because that's even harder to predict.

• Again dance monkey, bad guy, soy were huge. I guess it depends. Memories did well. But BL in general seems to have had less impact in asia compared to europe and america.

Not only SK, blinding light made little impact in SEA as well. Probs the whole of Asia it didnt do that well.

My countries charts was split half half by western and kpop songs last year. HYLT was prob the biggest song last year with 8 weeks at #1. Dance monkey was bigger early in the year and did spend multiple weeks at #1, but blinding light only 1 week. I didnt know blinding lights existed until it was part of the grammys discussion and I went to search it up with everybody saying how good it was

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…songs_of_2020_(Singapore)

• Not only SK, blinding light made little impact in SEA as well. Probs the whole of Asia it didnt do that well.

My countries charts was split half half by western and kpop songs last year. HYLT was prob the biggest song last year with 8 weeks at #1. Dance monkey was bigger early in the year and did spend multiple weeks at #1, but blinding light only 1 week. I didnt know blinding lights existed until it was part of the grammys discussion and I went to search it up with everybody saying how good it was

Yeah i mentioned it my last comment. It's very easy to escape it if u live in Asian countries.

It smashed in Europe and america. Pretty much the #1 or #2 song in most of those places in 2020.

..:* :**:. .:**:.*.:.

04434535149d480644979509a033f1412f0a8b79.gifv 9f94f4554694478127beddde683e313fd35bd916.gifv 96bd481068553f584de446481c17bf31d11a505c.gifv

• Not only SK, blinding light made little impact in SEA as well. Probs the whole of Asia it didnt do that well.

not surprising.

weeknd is not popular in SEA and his style of songs is not preferred

SEA seems more into pop girls like Ari, taylor swift and katy (used to)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• Weekly Update:

Rollin hits #1, dethroning Celebrity

OTG and Gone by Rose quickly rises up charts, both songs still in the top 10

Love Day by Yoseob and Eunji(a webtoon OST) rises up the charts quickly, #4 on Melon rn

Dear You by Lee Hi(also a webtoon OST...) rises up charts quickly, #10 on Melon right now, pushing out VVS

I think I missed something but yeah, that's all for now I guess. :danceb:

• Are webtoons so popular in sk that their osts chart this high??

I didn't even know webtoons could even have an ost

• Are webtoons so popular in sk that their osts chart this high??

I didn't even know webtoons could even have an ost

I mean I think so, Sandeul OST is still in top 20 of Melon and it was released back in July. Many of the songs on Melon rn are from webtoons. I just find it funny how there are Webtoon OSTs doing really well, but no notable OSTs from a drama since the Melon change

• Lee Hi fell, VVS really is the luckiest mfking song.

• I swear.... this song.....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

its insane

its insane

FINALLYYYYY

its insane

Do you see this madness?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!