Official Digital Thread

• Kang Daniel is going to take Gaon Song of The Month for February I fear....

Mass downloading impact :peperain:

Downloads have had a huge affect on charting for Gaon Digital Chart for some reason now(Kang Daniel debuted at #2 on Digital Chart, #1 on Downloads, N/A on streaming). The same thing happened to ONF

I assumed as much last year, seeing the higher ranked songs having high downloads led me to believe that downloads are the breadwinners of Gaon, which is why points fell across the board as they fell in relevance (plus the factors of Melon losing market share, FLO gaining in that area, and COVID too).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I'll tell this again. If your song can't cross 600M digital index it's not a hit. Even with low digital index hit songs still cross it with ease. Longevity isn't the end all. Staying on chart for 20+ weeks but just having 200M index is bad.

#JusticeForON

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• If Dynamite was released in the beginning of 2020, would it be just as big? Or Any song would've overshadow it?

I think the song is bound to be big, since it is catchy and BTS are so popular now. Likely #1 on Gaon Year end chart.

Any Song could've went toe to toe with it on the chart but likely Dynamite will overlast it given BTS's longevity on chart.

• charts are as dead as this thread! Lol im joking but by checking melon a few times a day, i realised there's a new charting "structure" that everyone seems to follow.

A new song will quickly rise to top 30, stabilize there and then will fall. Depending on the fall, some can drop down to top 40-50 (Like sumni for example) or completely fall off the charts like taeyeon or chungha.

A few songs who manage to stay stable rise sometimes, but rarely.

I never thought i'd say that, but i miss the pre-reform charts!

• Rollin got it's first PAK. We can expect it to get more in the future, and with their multiple public appearances in the next few days, it'll only widen the gap. :/

I don't think Rose will get #1 anytime soon with OTG, and I'm not sure about IU either. Rollin really breathed some new life into this chart though lmao

Their latest song We Ride is on the rise as well, it'll probably enter top 100 in the next 1-2 days

so casually cruel in the name of being honest

ce81f729e7c4731433c77f1861971d46f5274533.gifv

• Rollin got it's first PAK. We can expect it to get more in the future, and with their multiple public appearances in the next few days, it'll only widen the gap. :/

I don't think Rose will get #1 anytime soon with OTG, and I'm not sure about IU either. Rollin really breathed some new life into this chart though lmao

Their latest song We Ride is on the rise as well, it'll probably enter top 100 in the next 1-2 days

not sure if Rose will enter top 10 but if she does, she'll kick lsg out of top 10!

• Why do u care?and she is korea's golden voice,for sure she will enter

Lets just focus on our respective faves shall we?

huh? this a digital thread, we are talking about charts. Let go off the "only focus on your faves" narrative if you come on a thread talking about charting.

i just found it funny that her song would kick her group's song out, nothing more.

• huh? this a digital thread, we are talking about charts. Let go off the "only focus on your faves" narrative if you come on a thread talking about charting.

i just found it funny that her song would kick her group's song out, nothing more.

Whats so funny

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!