Official Digital Thread

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-·=»‡«=·- ⓈⒾⓎⒺⓄⓃ -·=»‡«=·-

4823935010d91f903e1758b82d1a6ed379b895ae.gifv efed0ae1793e22b8af2601dbe0002e7a3c10a0ed.gifv a17b8d4c6ea84c0fe47507b94bf701e848a5d818.gifv

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Next Saturday is going to be big! The 3 most popular contestants are going to performs! I expect BEO to top the chart next since his song is raising a lot atm. And I think NL will go back to the top 10 during this week.

External Content twitter.com

And if you didn’t heard Merry go round go check it! It’s good

External Content youtu.be

• Because Top 10 charting is more reflective of the GP. It's far better for a song to chart in the top 10 for 25 weeks than to chart in the top 100 for 200 weeks. No one remembers a song that hangs around #57 for a few years compared to a song that stays in the top 10 for six months.

lol what? Who told you that? Top10 is all about competition, it is easier to enter when there are no major songs. There were times when #1 had 300k ULs, Twice ranked 10th with the same amount.

• the funny thing is that there are exactly 5 songs that spent 25 weeks or more in the top 10. It’s not updated but Next Level is at 26 weeks.

I am happy for Aespa and etc. but can yall stop ignoring the fact that chart system has been changing every 4-5 years? It is a way different chart than it was during Lies, the fact that it is still there in the top5 is pretty amazing. I'd say within current system, Lies would spend a year inside top10 easily.

• IF you go with this logic then basically only top20 songs can be considered as hits. All songs that you mentioned will end up in top30-top50 range.

• I am happy for Aespa and etc. but can yall stop ignoring the fact that chart system has been changing every 4-5 years? It is a way different chart than it was during Lies, the fact that it is still there in the top5 is pretty amazing. I'd say within current system, Lies would spend a year inside top10 easily.

Who said I was ignoring it? 3 of those songs were released last year.

And extrapolating for a 2008 song doesn't work, Melon was not the same back then when it came to userbase or download prices.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Who said I was ignoring it? 3 of those songs were released last year.

And extrapolating for a 2008 song doesn't work, Melon was not the same back then when it came to userbase or download prices.

Anyway, it would be more fair to other artists to mention the fact that system changed.

• Everyone who participates in this thread knows that, so it's not unfair at all.

I mean it is not just about you or this forum, in general most chart pages on twitter ignore it and try building a narrative that a song X is literally the biggest song ever.

• the funny thing is that there are exactly 5 songs that spent 25 weeks or more in the top 10. It’s not updated but Next Level is at 26 weeks.

i think it's at 27 weeks not 26 weeks

because Next level is tie with eight as the longest female artist song in Melon top 10 daily

• I am happy for Aespa and etc. but can yall stop ignoring the fact that chart system has been changing every 4-5 years? It is a way different chart than it was during Lies, the fact that it is still there in the top5 is pretty amazing. I'd say within current system, Lies would spend a year inside top10 easily.

and ? are we suppose to cry and not mention aespa success for the only reason that chart wasn't the same few years ago and it trigger you to see aespa beating records for female artist :aespa17:

everybody is aware hat chart aren't the same but that doesn't change the fact that what aespa is doing is still impressive for the charts and that no other GG before them, in this chart did it

• i think it's at 27 weeks not 26 weeks

because Next level is tie with eight as the longest female artist song in Melon top 10 daily

I said 26 because melon weekly hasn't updated yet to make it officially 27. It will update in about 13 hours.

I mean it is not just about you or this forum, in general most chart pages on twitter ignore it and try building a narrative that a song X is literally the biggest song ever.

To be fair: Eight, Dynamite, and the Shampoo song are absolutely monstrous.

The Sandeul OST is also big, but on the level of the other 3.

Next Level suffers from a drop in users but it's incredibly stable.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• i think it's at 27 weeks not 26 weeks

Actually it will be 26, not 27. Last week it hit 25.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• and ? are we suppose to cry and not mention aespa success for the only reason that chart wasn't the same few years ago and it trigger you to see aespa beating records for female artist :aespa17:

everybody is aware hat chart aren't the same but that doesn't change the fact that what aespa is doing is still impressive for the charts and that no other GG before them, in this chart did it

Mate, you re overusing the word "trigger", it is a simple acknowledgement. I am not pushing you to do it. It is up to you.

Nowadays when people discuss movie box office, the always use terms like "pre pandemic", "pandemic" and "post pandemic", just to give other a clear understanding that certain movies were released during Covid which obviously affected their box office performance and it should be taken into account when comparing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!