Official Digital Thread

• Another day of itiswhatitsss underestimating yet another digimon :shake-it: Though tbh I still want to see if it'll be able to beat Foolish Love, I think we'll get a good gauge of it's performance after the 24 hours are up.

In other news

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And Taeyeon is still pretty stable, it's at #11 but I think it's longevity so far is MUCH better than WDICY's. I think the promotions helped alot, this chart is very promo-sensitive.

• the melon thing begins to surge...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here for YT Music becoming the new #1 streaming service tbh. Melon is a mess.

when yt music kr introduces a realtime and daily chart 😹😹 its ovar for melon and genie, besties going down the drain

but knowing google, they aint doing that. melon needs to up their game and offer free trials like flo did. also genie (the $0.5 one month trial)

• why does covid affect charting

Maybe people feel less likely to stream/listen to music in their way to work, school or gym as they stay at home, people don't go to public spaces like karaokes, coffees, malls etc were they play songs in top10/100 etc

that's why uls around that time last year drop a lot too, Korean public seem very fickle to their environment like when it rains, rain song rise and more summery songs drop

• when yt music kr introduces a realtime and daily chart 😹😹 its ovar for melon and genie, besties going down the drain

but Genie has only gone up over the years. It's only Melon that's going down. I remember seeing a post where Melon had 60% & Genie had 16% market share. Last update showed Melon has 35% and Genie has 25%.

Genie's userbase is also increasing. Since last year EDEM, TTN, SD all have gained 1-1.5m ULs.

It's just Melon. From now onwards I don't think Melon is the end all be all even though they still have the most users and diversity.

• but Genie has only gone up over the years. It's only Melon that's going down. I remember seeing a post where Melon had 60% & Genie had 16% market share. Last update showed Melon has 35% and Genie has 25%.

Genie's userbase is also increasing. Since last year EDEM, TTN, SD all have gained 1-1.5m ULs.

It's just Melon. From now onwards I don't think Melon is the end all be all even though they still have the most users and diversity.

Melon has been decreasing but YT Music has been massively increasing. YT Music is more popular than Genie at this rate(according to a chart I saw, I'll see if I can find it). I think it was Melon > YT Music > Genie > FLO. With the rate it's been increasing and the way Melon is sabotaging themselves, I won't be surprised if YT Music eventually surpasses Melon as the #1 streaming service.

Though it's just wishful thinking tbh.

• External Content twitter.com

• out of curiosity

I know bts uses netease. does anyone know how much they earn per unit for netease?

i know other companies QQ. Is it the same rate?

• Dynamite is above both of iu's top 2021 songs on melon. Seriously it is biggest hit of 2020s decade so far. Although someone in future might take over it , but i feel it gonna top decade end ranking too

Even though bwl and sd will reach 2 billion index and dynamite mightn't because of overall fall of points. But imo it is bigger than 2 in first year atleast even with reduction of points.

• Melon has been decreasing but YT Music has been massively increasing. YT Music is more popular than Genie at this rate(according to a chart I saw, I'll see if I can find it). I think it was Melon > YT Music > Genie > FLO. With the rate it's been increasing and the way Melon is sabotaging themselves, I won't be surprised if YT Music eventually surpasses Melon as the #1 streaming service.

Gaon and iChart really need to accept YT music as one main player in the industry and include the streams there.

YT music not necessary need to have a realtime chart, they can do like vibe to have daily chart only

• but Genie has only gone up over the years. It's only Melon that's going down. I remember seeing a post where Melon had 60% & Genie had 16% market share. Last update showed Melon has 35% and Genie has 25%.

Melon has been decreasing but YT Music has been massively increasing. YT Music is more popular than Genie at this rate(according to a chart I saw, I'll see if I can find it). I think it was Melon > YT Music > Genie > FLO. With the rate it's been increasing and the way Melon is sabotaging themselves, I won't be surprised if YT Music eventually surpasses Melon as the #1 streaming service.

I found these that are fairly recent, posted this year:

Most popular paid music streaming apps among Millennials and Gen Z in South Korea in 2020: https://www.statista.com/stati…services-by-young-people/

This link has the following chart:

market-share-streaming-platforms-SK.jpg

The 61.1 figure for Melon here would equal 31.6% of the total sum.

Interestingly enough, they vary in percentages.

I'm not sure, but I guess this might be because they measured different things, or used older data or different data ranges.

• Msg wannabe again released a song :confused: :confused: :rolleyes1:

🍧 🎀 𝒮♡𝑀𝐼 🎀 🍧

d7ba57efb5e28ea9975ce909e197df25129e2bed.gifv b566eab1c889e82143f6cc1a2ec72287795c0fd4.gifv d9a3b0000d002f807cb856fc36899c28fb8dc0b7.gifv

• Msg wannabe again released a song :confused: :confused: :rolleyes1:

Again? :pepe-life-support:

• Again?

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yeah it was expected. It would have been dumb of them to not have a full group release after dedicating a whole year to the project. Like I said last week they'll have atleast 1 if not 2 group comebacks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!