Official Digital Thread

• Is there any big idol group coming back in June/July?

Exo could've made it 8/10 but DFTF underperformed terribly (not surprising tho they didnt promote it at all)

I was also looking for Lisa's single to get in the top 10 at least.

Only Loona is left for June i think. But i dont think they've ever charted on Melon 24HRs.

BTS is coming out with a single album in July, with Butter and a new song included, i'm assuming it's Permission to Dance. It obviously has a shot at #1 with a MV.

Soyeon is coming out in July as well with her debut.

• Soyeon from T-ara, or a different Soyeon?

• Soyeon from T-ara, or a different Soyeon?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm pretty damn excited :danceb:

• Epik High releasing a teaser midnight tomorrow

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Epik High releasing a teaser midnight tomorrow

Wonder if this will even do well, their last comb didn't and it had way more promo

Also every damn song called smth with rain lately

• It's really interesting how Baekhyun managed to chart higher and overall better than EXO.

And I just realized 2002 surpassed TTN to become the longest charting song by a female artist on Melon, and it will probably beat I'm Not The Only One as the longest charting Western song on Melon and 4th overall. This song is a monster.

• And people said AIIYL wasnt a national hit

• And people said AIIYL wasnt a national hit

This song exists in a weird vacuum with PWF, DTNA, IDOL, and DNA as songs that could go either way.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This song exists in a weird vacuum with PWF, DTNA, IDOL, and DNA as songs that could go either way.

The songs u listed, are really huge hits that stand the test of time. Charted in multiple years and have great longevity.

Some of them might not be the biggest song in respective year, that dont really take awat the credit and achievement from them.

• The songs u listed, are really huge hits that stand the test of time. Charted in multiple years and have great longevity.

Some of them might not be the biggest song in respective year, that dont really take awat the credit and achievement from them.

In AIIYL's case, the longest charting top 100 girl group hit on Gaon, though. The other songs were all huge as well, but don't have such an achievement.

• This song exists in a weird vacuum with PWF, DTNA, IDOL, and DNA as songs that could go either way.

I would add LOA too. It had a similar run to PWF. Both songs have spent almost a year in Melon and have 2.5M dls with 100M streams.

Also, is Psycho considered a national hit?

• Also, is Psycho considered a national hit?

No. Its performance is similar to dalla dalla and hip. None of which are national hits.

This song exists in a weird vacuum with PWF, DTNA, IDOL, and DNA as songs that could go either way.

I agree they are really in between and the effect was felt afterwards than its initial release.

🌊 .·:*¨〜E∿U∿N∿S∿E∿O〜¨*:·. 🌊

a61a8a4deed243771b057ef5fb33883f253b9607.png 492cd52b61538267abc612cbb5a25242ebb760d6.png 05ab7057144e04d435c9b76e33fa26272054432f.png

• I am kinda shocked that brave girls haven't taken over heize given heize keeps on losing uls.

Possible this song ends up peaking higher later on. A very big advantage of the reform.

🌊 .·:*¨〜E∿U∿N∿S∿E∿O〜¨*:·. 🌊

a61a8a4deed243771b057ef5fb33883f253b9607.png 492cd52b61538267abc612cbb5a25242ebb760d6.png 05ab7057144e04d435c9b76e33fa26272054432f.png

• There are 2 types of national hits. Which stands test of time and keep charting, getting uls every year.

But at same time, songs which initially topped chart and made huge impact are national hits too. Yes they don't have longevity. But you can't deny their success and impact during their release year. Like Sistar's songs etc..

• In AIIYL's case, the longest charting top 100 girl group hit on Gaon, though. The other songs were all huge as well, but don't have such an achievement.

DNA and IDOL can't be the longest charting boy group songs because the top 2 songs are by the same group (There's also BTOB in 3rd place with Missing You).

DNA can be considered the opener for K-pop's current rise in the West, thought. K-pop basically died over here after Gentlemen, until DNA brought BTS to America's attention.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• There are 2 types of national hits. Which stands test of time and keep charting, getting uls every year.

But at same time, songs which initially topped chart and made huge impact are national hits too. Yes they don't have longevity. But you can't deny their success and impact during their release year. Like Sistar's songs etc..

I'm gonna make a post about this.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You all speaking about national hits like you are Korean...

I think the word national hit is used WAY too easily for songs that outside of chart performance have nothing.

Imo, they are only a handful of songs that i'd be ready to call a national hit, which is that i assume everyone in korea knows and it would be Love Scenario, Cheer Up, D4, Dynamite and possibly Red Flavor.

These are the most mentionned songs, still used in media and shows etc, they are other songs that could possibly be national hits like TT or Spring Day but since im not korean, i can't really say wether these are national hits or not.

• perception is subjective, but stats dont

We are talking based on stats, not 'we think'

• or Spring Day

Or? Spring Day is on the same level of Through the Night.

And there's also a whole Boy with Luv, which won 3 SOTY awards, same number as Gee and Cheer Up.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!