Groups are now following 2nd gen recipe for a successfull song !!

• the songs released during third gen and start of 4th gen focused a lot on strong performance and non-singing chorus most of the time where they can show their dance skills

but the new release prove that GP is tired of this type of things, if you compare every GG song doing great in the chart right now they are all copying the 2nd gen recipe of successfull song :

- an easy hook to sing a long

- the repition of a same word to make it more addictive and stuck to your mind ( asap, dun dun dance, next level, rollin )

- a very easy choregraphy that everyone can have fun to reproduce without being a strong dancer

even when you watch BG performance in the chart, the best performing song in the chart by bg also follow this pattern

"Hot sauce gipi dip" is a part who appear often in the song and the move in the choregraphy is easy to follow

" dont call me " by shinee, the dont call me part is repetitive in the chorus and the choregraphy is very easy during this part for anybody to follow

it seems like GP is starting to be tired of groups trying to make strong performance who make them look cool and impressive to the eyes of the public

and seems to prefer now song with which one they can have fun to listen to it, sing along and dance to it

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• SooYoung

Changed the title of the thread from “the 2nd gen recipe for success is coming back as a trend among Groups now !!!!” to “Groups are now following 2nd gen recipe for a successfull song !!”.
  • I agree with most of what you're saying, although I think Hot Sauce has a very 3rd gen sound.

i agree there's some part that sound very 3rd gen the chorus with just the instru

but even with this it still have this 2nd gen vibe with words or sentence who keep being repeated over and over in the song " golla ma dish " "hot sauce gipi dip" etc...

which makes it an earworm like a lot of 2nd gen song, because even if you didn't like it or like it, you can't deny that after listening to it, you got one of this 2 part stuck in your mind for few minutes afterwards

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• i think GP hits esp. for ggs are always songs with easy dance or "point dance" that we call in kpop. Even in the 4th gen let's say from 2018 onwards; Gidle's latata and hann have simple dance in chorus and itzy's dalla dalla move. itzy maybe one of the few to have hits with more performance based songs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!