Which is biggest 4th gen boy group

• Neither. It's TXT. They have everything - good digitals, great physical sales, domestic and international popularity.

Both Stray Kids and Enhypen have good physicals but poor digitals and domestic recognition.

If I had to rank 4th Gen, in different categories:

International Popularity:

1 - Stray Kids

2 - Enhypen/TXT

3 - Ateez

Domestic Popularity

1 - TXT

2 - The Boyz

3 - ONF (if they're considered 4th Gen)

• Enhypen outsold txt in just 6 months

• Didn’t Txt and Enhypen outsell and out chart stray kids lmao. Txt and enhypen only active 4th gen bgs to win on music bank too. Plus txt achievements are way too big even bigger than 4th gen. They are competing with 3rd gen artists. Also enhypen topped genie and bugs and enter billboard 200 at 18 And world albums #1 the highest for any 4th gen group.

• No 4th gen BG has good digital numbers domestically

First of all . You’re right about txt being popular domestically. Second enhypen topped genie and bugs which I haven’t seen txt do. They also outsold txt. Third enhypen were the first active 4th gen bg to win on music bank before txt did yesterday. Fourth, txt is more popular internationally and domestically than Stray kids. Look at their japan and billboard achievements.

• Didn’t Txt and Enhypen outsell and out chart stray kids lmao. Txt and enhypen only active 4th gen bgs to win on music bank too. Plus txt achievements are way too big even bigger than 4th gen. They are competing with 3rd gen artists. Also enhypen topped genie and bugs and enter billboard 200 at 18 And world albums #1 the highest for any 4th gen group.

stray kids haven’t had a comeback in like nine months. their popularity shot up to the roof after gods menu and back door so i wouldn’t ignore them especially when they even recently won at kingdom. i think we could be looking at 1M sales their next comeback. internationally they’ll do amazing, but domestically i’m still not sure of where they’d stand. i think it’s safe to say that they have the biggest fanbase internationally followed by txt and then enhypen (still don’t know where treasure goes tbh). domestically it’s definitely txt and then the boyz.

the thing with 4th gen is that there is still no leading group. they keep beating each other every comeback so it’s hard to see which one is at the top. completely unlike 3rd gen where exo blew up in their second year and kept widening the gap between them and their peers until bts rose to the top. i think it’s too early to make such bold claims and just wait at least a few years until the gap between boy groups in this era becomes apparent

• No 4th gen BG has good digital numbers domestically

They don't have great numbers, but TXT is doing fine (MUCH better than Stray Kids and Enhyphen at least). They're the only 4th Gen BG to chart on Melon's 24H chart and peaked at #78. They're still on the old chart.

Enhyphen have yet to make it on the old Melon chart and Stray Kids charted for the first time for Kingdom at #95 for just an hour. TXT are miles ahead of them.

• They don't have great numbers, but TXT is doing fine (MUCH better than Stray Kids and Enhyphen at least). They're the only 4th Gen BG to chart on Melon's 24H chart and peaked at #78. They're still on the old chart.

Enhyphen have yet to make it on the old Melon chart and Stray Kids charted for the first time for Kingdom at #95 for just an hour. TXT are miles ahead of them.

it's #88 not #78

• First of all . You’re right about txt being popular domestically. Second enhypen topped genie and bugs which I haven’t seen txt do. They also outsold txt. Third enhypen were the first active 4th gen bg to win on music bank before txt did yesterday. Fourth, txt is more popular internationally and domestically than Stray kids. Look at their japan and billboard achievements.

Outsold? If i'm not mistaken, the only achievements of Enhypen has over TXT are Bugs and Genie where they cheated? (You guys are the main reason Bugs reformed its chart). Oh well, I expected nothing less from these MNET's products . The only reliable chart is Melon because you can't cheat. Anyhow, this Kchart is dumb anyway. Fvck Kakao M. Wish best of luck to Spotify to get rid of them for good. Imagine winning a Music Bank in an empty house even had less scores than TXT? You guys are so shameless. I really despise these fans of survival shows. No kidding. Haha

• I'll add that txt is competing with low tier 3rd gen BGs not top tier ones like BTS exo nct and seventeen , other than that TXT then Skz seem to be ahead in 4rth gen

Ehhh i wouldn't say they're competing with lower tier 3rd gen groups. I would say they're kinda in between Top tier 3rd gen and low tier 3rd gen. Not closer to each. They're definitely not competing with lower tier 3rd gen groups when they're outselling them 2x over.

Also internationally for BGs they are competing and charting as well as 3rd gen BGs (except BTS of course).

They're predicted to have a Top 5/6 album on the bb200

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have the biggest kpop group album debut on spotify of the year (both 1st day and 1st week) (only behind Rose for overall).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also only the 2nd ever korean BG to enter the US Spotify Chart (1st obviously being BTS)

also 2nd korean boy group to chart in the top 100 of the global spotify chart (again after bts)

Overall, Imo their competition atm is stray kids and enhypen mainly but all three of these groups are in their own tier atm competing against each other (one that is in between top tier 3rd gen groups and lower tier 3rd gen groups).

• Also to comeback to the main question

With the current state of how it looks.

My opinion:

4th Gen BGs won't have one top bg for a while.

As in they won't have it where there is just one bg that dominates everything like 3rd gen has with bts.

Imo the current top 3 that are likely gonna keep trading records between each other are TXT, SKZ and Enhypen. (maybe ateez as well)

These 3 all have their strengths,

SKZ does extremely well on Youtube and Spotify and international charting (europe especially) and will likely also have big physicals after kingdom.

Enhypen has japan and high physicals as well as a presence on spotify that is bigger than most 4th gen bgs (except txt and skz).

TXT has high international charting (ie bb200 and jpn sales), have the best 4th gen bg korean charting (yeah its not much but its the best from the 4th gen bgs), strong physicals, and are strong on spotify.

So as you can see there are overlapping areas where these groups will likely pass around records, like for best selling 4th gen album as they all have strong physicals.

so basically

4th gen bgs gonna be passing records around like crazy.

• Not gonna be pressed about a troll’s post. It’s an obvious attempt to try and create a war.

Stream Magic people!

:pepe_akorns:

External Content youtu.be

• I don't deny the other group's growth that is to come

But txt, outside of theYT snake, is smashing records left and right

While digitals still could be better, on the scale of bgs and 4th Gen, it's more than okay

(and could do better as Lovesong is praised a lot but bh despite doing great in other areas still needs to invite them to the most hyped TV or YouTube shows IMHO)

So rn in terms of bgs and overall recognition, it's them

• stray kids haven’t had a comeback in like nine months. their popularity shot up to the roof after gods menu and back door so i wouldn’t ignore them especially when they even recently won at kingdom. i think we could be looking at 1M sales their next comeback. internationally they’ll do amazing, but domestically i’m still not sure of where they’d stand. i think it’s safe to say that they have the biggest fanbase internationally followed by txt and then enhypen (still don’t know where treasure goes tbh). domestically it’s definitely txt and then the boyz.

the thing with 4th gen is that there is still no leading group. they keep beating each other every comeback so it’s hard to see which one is at the top. completely unlike 3rd gen where exo blew up in their second year and kept widening the gap between them and their peers until bts rose to the top. i think it’s too early to make such bold claims and just wait at least a few years until the gap between boy groups in this era becomes apparent

I agree that there's no one definitive '4th gen leader', there's multiple top 4th gen bgs and they all exceed in different areas (internationally, domestically, album sales, digitally)

• Outsold? If i'm not mistaken, the only achievements of Enhypen has over TXT are Bugs and Genie where they cheated? (You guys are the main reason Bugs reformed its chart). Oh well, I expected nothing less from these MNET's products . The only reliable chart is Melon because you can't cheat. Anyhow, this Kchart is dumb anyway. Fvck Kakao M. Wish best of luck to Spotify to get rid of them for good. Imagine winning a Music Bank in an empty house even had less scores than TXT? You guys are so shameless. I really despise these fans of survival shows. No kidding. Haha

Empty house?? You call brave girls, itzy, onf, ab6ix, couple of digimons an empty house? Awww you're so freaking scared of enhypen's big and fast growth, I mean it's understandable when enhypen is breaking effortlessly all those records of 4th gen groups in a few months after debut

• Outsold? If i'm not mistaken, the only achievements of Enhypen has over TXT are Bugs and Genie where they cheated? (You guys are the main reason Bugs reformed its chart). Oh well, I expected nothing less from these MNET's products . The only reliable chart is Melon because you can't cheat. Anyhow, this Kchart is dumb anyway. Fvck Kakao M. Wish best of luck to Spotify to get rid of them for good. Imagine winning a Music Bank in an empty house even had less scores than TXT? You guys are so shameless. I really despise these fans of survival shows. No kidding. Haha

lmao nobody cheated, it's called streaming. bug reformed bc of nct dream stans..lol someones mad txt didnt top genie or bugs. bit embarrassing. and you can't use empty house excuse when enhypen beat a WHOLE BRAVE GIRLS who had PAKS for months! you dvmb fvck. they carried with their physicals plus digitals as they were charting and staying in top 10 and top 15 for at least 2 weeks. you can hate enhypen all you want just bc of mnet but they're so successful and are already breaking records, i can see why you're scared

• ONF debuted before Wanna One, so no.

AB6IX is 3rd.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Do u have stats which 4th gen bg son has highest gaon digital points?

Yes, I do.

X1

FLASH - 113,686,562

like always - 45,757,984

u got it (x1 ver.) - 36,086,918

move (x1 ver.) - 30, 632,329

it's ok - 26,416,433

stand up - 20,606,095

Total: 273,186,321

AB6IX

BREATHE — 41,104,643 (7 weeks)

HOLLYWOOD - 6,205,028 (2 weeks)

BLIND FOR LOVE — 8,676,371 (1 week)

THE ANSWER — 5,915,533 (1 week)

SALUTE - 6,018,310 (1 week)

STAY YOUNG - 6,441,504 (1 week)

감아 (CLOSE) - 7,353,157 (1 week)

Total : 81,714,546

TXT

The Dream Chapter: STAR - 18,320,390 (crown - 3 weeks)

The Dream Chapter: MAGIC - 5,023,061 (run away - 1 week)

The Dream Chapter: ETERNITY - 17,168,441 (cysm? - 3 weeks; drama - 1 week)

minisode1: Blue Hour - 11,000,535 (blue hour - 3 weeks)

TCC: FREZZE - 8,656,988 (OX1=LOVESONG - 1 week)

Total: 60,672,045

THE BOYZ

Checkmate (RTK) - 6,172,374 (2 weeks)

CHASE - 8,959,386 (the stealer - 1 week)

KINGDOM COME - 18,227,131 (2 weeks)

Total: 33,358,891

ENHYPEN

Drunk-Dazed - 5,945,962 (2 weeks)

Total: 5,945,962

Oneus

No diggity - 2,386,025 (1 week)

BLACK MIRROR - 2,922,037 (1 week)

Total: 5,308,062

Stray Kids

WOLFGANG - 5,225,293 (2 weeks)

Total: 5,225,293

ATEEZ

불놀이야 (I'm The one) - 2,471,800 (1 week)

Total: 2,471,800

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• "start kids" lol

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Didn't they got out sold by enhypen like nothing even though they had bts privilege and 2 years lead

There's the salt. I knew it would come out sooner or later.

First of all . You’re right about txt being popular domestically. Second enhypen topped genie and bugs which I haven’t seen txt do. They also outsold txt. Third enhypen were the first active 4th gen bg to win on music bank before txt did yesterday. Fourth, txt is more popular internationally and domestically than Stray kids. Look at their japan and billboard achievements.

It seems no one saw FREEZE hit 693k on Gaon. TXT have the best selling album by a 4th gen group period right now.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!