I doNt KnoW WhY KpOp fAns aRe UnPopUlar

• i have only seen this in kpop

A: yeah, i really like them even though they need to practice singing a little bit more, but I really see potential

B: BuT CaN YoU sinG whIlE DaNcinG?

Such a stupid argument. Like do I need to?
    imagine someone building your house upside down and when you complain they answer: WeLL cAn YOu BuILd A hoUsE, caN YoU?

Disclaimer before anyone thinks I mean a certain group or artist, this could easily be about any criticism in kpop lmao

Stream your fave‘s song

• Ok, it's fine if you think that, but most people can't even sing well standing still let alone dancing really hardly, so I let a few slips ups in song go

That’s okay but I do not need to be able to sing in order to criticize professional trained singer. This is only a problem in K-Pop tbh. I have never seen this argument this heavily used in other fandoms

• It's not just in Kpop imo, I have seen this kind of argument used in other context too. And it annoys me each time, it's so stupid.

But i have seen a lot more times in kpop while i see other annoying arguments in other fandoms like the whole “you do not understand it if you haven’t watched xy“ which is the sister of this argument

• But i have seen a lot more times in kpop while i see other annoying arguments in other fandoms like the whole “you do not understand it if you haven’t watched xy“ which is the sister of this argument

I did not really have other fandoms in mind. I just remember seeing this kind of comments on videos from The Voice for instance. Also in figure skating for example ( I like watching figure skating) , if someone makes a comment about a skater's technic, it's common to see someone reply with "if you are not a skater you can't have an opinion". So I really don't think it's something peculiar to Kpop fans even if I have seen this kind of arguments used a lot in Kpop context.

• Ok, it's fine if you think that, but most people can't even sing well standing still let alone dancing really hardly, so I let a few slips ups in song go

A few slip ups are okay. It's good to keep in mind that performing, and performing well, is quite literally the job of idols though. In the real world, we're expected to be good at our jobs - so I hold idols to the same standard. Not perfect but good.

• A few slip ups are okay. It's good to keep in mind that performing, and performing well, is quite literally the job of idols though. In the real world, we're expected to be good at our jobs - so I hold idols to the same standard. Not perfect but good.

Exactly like my example: no one is perfect and perfect always depends on what you think what perfect is but being a singer literally means being able to sing. The reason why someone can’t sing doesn‘t always need to be talent-wise problems. It could also easily be the management (giving hardcore choreographies) but people need to admit that singers should sing

• What is this about? Is this a response thread?

Personally i think evaluating and judging vocals in pop music is kind of a waste of time. Pop music everywhere is filled with autotune and excessive overprocessing. You cant judge live vocals for most KPop acts either, they have those shitty Powerpoint mics that make you sound like you're in an insurance conference and they're jumping around all the time. The only way to truly assess vocals is to watch those rare moments when idols are actually standing still and delivering a song like a real vocalist.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A few slip ups are okay. It's good to keep in mind that performing, and performing well, is quite literally the job of idols though. In the real world, we're expected to be good at our jobs - so I hold idols to the same standard. Not perfect but good.

Agreed

That’s okay but I do not need to be able to sing in order to criticize professional trained singer. This is only a problem in K-Pop tbh. I have never seen this argument this heavily used in other fandoms

I agree, although.... lots of.... 'artists' can't actually sing well, even standing still an not dancing

But yes, we should expect great singing for the idols, it's their jobs but I still think a few hitches in their voice while dancing that hard is ok

• What is this about? Is this a response thread?

Personally i think evaluating and judging vocals in pop music is kind of a waste of time. Pop music everywhere is filled with autotune and excessive overprocessing. You cant judge live vocals for most KPop acts either, they have those shitty Powerpoint mics that make you sound like you're in an insurance conference and they're jumping around all the time. The only way to truly assess vocals is to watch those rare moments when idols are actually standing still and delivering a song like a real vocalist.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A response thread to what thread?

It’s a general observation but you make good points.

They use shitty microphones especially the ones that are being attached and not hand held

• I agree but even when those who usually get criticized for their bad singing get criticized by a pro, their fans bash that person. Now most pros fake a reaction while watching idols sing and I have seen some slip in negative feedback as if it's praisng the idols to get away with it; and fans eat that shit up lol. Just like when you taste a new dish then call it "unique".

Anyway, I don't like to call out others who I don't stan unless I had to. You can simply ignore when a singer sounds bad to you if somehow their fans really like it. There are a lot of popular bad singers in Kpop and out so I am not bothering with every one of them. At least idols are mostly performers so not all of them are regarded as just singers.

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!