The dumb reason IDOL, ON, and Life Goes On are viewed as flops when none of them are.

• Cutting straight to the point: It’s really only because of the drops the songs experienced on the Hot 100.

IDOL was the first unfortunate victim of being lied on. Even now, when I see fans genuinely surprised that IDOL performed amazingly in South Korea and has over 1 billion digital points, I’m slightly upset that the narrative that it failed to make an impact because it wasn’t an immediate smash, was so widespread among fans and non-fans.

ON might have the most unfortunate story, coming out at the peak of COVID in SK and being a couple thousand ULs away from getting a PAK. It was egregious seeing how hard non-fans treated ON, oblivious to the fact that just because the past single was a global hit, doesn’t mean that the next song would be. Every single is unique. In the end, ON was a success. 633M points is definitely a success and it should be certified Platinum in streams later this year.

Life Goes On is the latest entry to this sad trio. It was blocked from going #1 by Dynamite and then a viral song from SMTM Season 9. People crapped on it for not passing Dyna, but then you stop and think about it. BTS couldn’t pass themselves. The pure irony of LGO getting shit is hilarious, because not many artists can say that they blocked their own song from going #1. Not every song can go #1 anyway, and songs that don’t hit the top can still have good longevity; just look at DNA for a great example.

I hope this puts a stop to the narrative that a BTS song that doesn’t immediately smash records isn’t a hit. There are levels to it.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I see you as the only one thinking like this though? Who is thinking these songs are flops? They are all antis and jealous. Why even give them any importance? The real people know these songs are hits not flop.

:confused:

• I see you as the only one thinking like this though? Who is thinking these songs are flops? They are all antis and jealous. Why even give them any importance? The real people know these songs are hits not flop.

Yeah.....unless you saw how non-fans treated these songs (especially ON, good lord), your comment is worthless to me.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Official Post

I see you as the only one thinking like this though? Who is thinking these songs are flops? They are all antis and jealous. Why even give them any importance? The real people know these songs are hits not flop.

You haven't been around until recently, so you might have missed the slander. Massive emphasized these 3 songs because they're the ones people made sure to mock around here. I'm tempted to tag some users, but I'm not in the mood to be petty.

• Non- fans? Those were antis dude? Why are you even giving their opinion any priority?

Some non-fans (and some fans too) are actually NOT antis and have been influenced by antis to think these songs were not successful. You're displaying a lot of ignorance right now.

Very good point. Lets not forget that before Dynamite, On was the biggest hit BTS had on the Hot 100. It peaked #4.

ON had the highest peak pre-Dynamite, it was not their biggest hit. Boy with Luv was their biggest hit on Hot 100 before Dyna.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You haven't been around until recently, so you might have missed the slander. Massive emphasized these 3 songs because they're the ones people made sure to mock around here. I'm tempted to tag some users, but I'm not in the mood to be petty.

I was here at the time lgo was released. And as I said before, those people or user tha mocked bts are antis.not casual non-armys. They hate bts and are jealous of them. So why give them any importance?

• I was here at the time lgo was released. And as I said before, those people or user tha mocked bts are antis.not casual non-armys. They hate bts and are jealous of them. So why give them any importance?

If they were that important, I would

1) search for and revive threads

2) tag them in my thread

I did neither of those. Plus, not everyone thinks like you. Evidently.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Some non-fans (and some fans too) are actually NOT antis and have been influenced by antis to think these songs were not successful. You're displaying a lot of ignorance right now.

ON had the highest peak pre-Dynamite, it was not their biggest hit. Boy with Luv was their biggest hit on Hot 100 before Dyna.

But Boy With Luv didn't peak above On. Unless I missed something

• Official Post

I was here at the time lgo was released. And as I said before, those people or user tha mocked bts are antis.not casual non-armys. They hate bts and are jealous of them. So why give them any importance?

It's happening all the time, not just around release time. It's almost unbearable. I see your point, though, that we shouldn't give them any importance, but I believe Massive did well, shedding light on this topic.

• About your first point in bold. I do find it entertaining that other fandoms use it as a drag when the same fandoms faves, either don't chart on the hot 100 or the ones that do also have big falls for their songs cause well they suffer from the same thing bts does and that is limited radioplay unless its a english song.

Looking at the songs themselves.

IDOL well, if anyone calls that song a flop... lmao....1B digital points and coming for 1B views as well.

ON.....the way people thought this song marked the end of bts's career....i swear... they didn't know what it would bring bts either. As you said its digital points are not something easy to get. You really said it all for this one. Also those what was it 6k ULs it was away from a PAK....yeah that was :S

LGOs achievements are truly underrated and understated by so many people.

LGO charted #1 on the hot 100 and was #10 in the UK

on top of that is still doing well in Japan despite little to no promotions for it in japan (still charting on the japan hot 100).

LGO will also in the next week (give or take a few days) be the 3rd most streamed 2020 song by a korean artist on spotify. Also third longest charting korean song on the global 200 (and counting as its still charting).

Not to mention it literally held the record for the biggest streaming week for ANY SONG on the global 200 until Butter just broke its record (AIWFYIY and Driver's License and G4U all didn't break its record) Also holds the record for the biggest spotify weekly debut for a korean song and only behind dynamite and butter overall for korean artists.

It did this despite being a slower paced song (and for most artists, those types of songs don't do the best streaming wise).

Fun Fact: It surpassed 300M streams on Spotify faster than BWL despite the difference in promotion & playlisting, As well as being the a slower balladish song.

LGO really just suffered from being in Dynamite's shadow. That's it.

LMAO my rant about LGO. sorry, just want a song that i love to get the credit it deserves.

• I adore you and your receipts, seriously.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• It's happening all the time, not just around release time. It's almost unbearable. I see your point, though, that we shouldn't give them any importance, but I believe Massive did well, shedding light on this topic.

Yes the antis are so irritating. You are right about that.

• Official Post

I agree that LGO seems like a flop because it came out right after Monster Dynamite. However, the slander it gets is directed towards its performance in Korea not globally. A funny thing, since if I remember well, LGO reached number 2 on Melon and failed to top it because Dynamite refused to move lmao A feat not everyone can achieve, yet they take the time to blabber.

• Truer words have never been spoken.

I'll never forget the slander On and Bts got before dynamite released. I was a lurker back then and I was so put off by all the negativity that I gave up on the site completely. I didn't visit it even once for a very long time.

I joined the Fandom around Idol era and I remember very clearly that people hated it and were talking about it like it was a total flop. I was influenced by what they were saying and thought it flopped completely in Korea. Since I knew nothing about charts, I couldn't fact check what they said. It's to the point I'm still surprised when I see its points and remember the fact that it outperformed fake love.

For lgo, it just makes me laugh how people try to discredit it's success. I remember specific people being loud about it flopping but then having tantrums and meltdowns when it broke streaming records :teeheek:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!