What's your first impression of LIGHTSUM (new Cube group)

• My impression of LIGHTSUM 37

1. I love them more than any other Cube GG (3) 8%
    2. About as good as GIDLE or CLC (6) 16%
    3. Underwhelming compared to GIDLE or CLC (25) 68%
    4. Don't know them / Don't care (3) 8%

Overall, so-so to meh. They are cute girls, Juhyeon is attractive, and some individual members are talented but group wise they seem very blandish and don't bring anything new to the table. They blend in with other cute-ish oriented groups like FANATICS, Cherry Bullet, Rocket Punch. In comparison to GIDLE's debut they it's like these girls are still trainees while GIDLE had several years experience. Some people seem happy Chowon debut but being honest, she'll just remain obscure here. She did Rumor in P48 while she was underage and now as a full grown adult she's doing more 'innocent' type concepts, ironically.

I also find it strange Juhyeon is the leader even though she's like 2 years younger than the oldest members, but IDK why. She doesn't give me Soyeon vibes and since there's so many members maybe the older members would be better as leader.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• bland would be a understatement.

Cube thought with how fast growing kpop is and how much competition there is, they should reuse a bubblegum pop concept from 2008.....

I guess they rather play it safe than bomb their debut, but i think it’ll hurt them in the long run. My guess is they played it safe for their debut and will try standing out more for their comeback. Better play safe and gain a few fans, then do something TOO different and alienate fans you’ll never get back

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• i think this is the first time i've ever agreed with you about something lmao

i really wanted to like them, i love cute concepts! but their debut was......honestly boring. i didn't even finish the mv bc i was completely disinterested after like a minute. i haven't done that since everglow's debut song

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i like the members and have soft spot for Chowon. They are mostly a very talented group and have very cute visuals but...

I found the song very basic, in the same aspect as cherry bullet or Rocket punch songs which mostly bore me... The MV was nothing new and they didn't really display the girls talent in this. I also think there's way too many members. With only 5/6 they could have a more balanced unit (she's cute but the maknae doesn't look ready imo) and they don't need to style Chowon like that for her to "fit in".

So it's basically a normal debut (like CLC) versus the iconic Idle debut...

• I thought Juhyeon was amazing in her stage presence. Her dance lines just caused your eye to gravetate toward her. Vocals and Rap were also quite good. MV quality was also quite nice. Good use of lighting medium budget. The song though absolutely did not cut it for me. I've watched it maybe 3 or 4 times and I can't remember any of it. I would watch the same of StayC, Weeekly, ITZY, Aespa and I remember if not the whole thing several parts of it. But not this one. CLC, (G)I-dle to me had more impact song wise. So impact for me was about the same overall.

• It feels like a song designed by a committee -- trying its very best to play it safe and ending up unmemorable.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• They just don't stand out to me at all even with other "cute" GGs like weeekly and stayc they stand out with something but the song was bland it's giving me 2.5 gen cutesy GGs tbh I feel like this group will just fade into the background for me with the likes of so many debuts the past few years cube lost their touch No way this group can compete with the likes of Stayc Weeekly purple kiss and secret number let alone bigger names like LOONA and EVERGLOW or 4rth gen monsters like ITZY and now Aespa.

• Their debut song and concept didn't do justice to the members' huge potential.

Which is a shame because the stuff that was shown before their debut was actually pretty good and promising (and better than their debut song)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also, Cube stylists haven't been going all in as I've seen being done with several other new groups (i.e. Aespa).

A good example is Chowon, she can look absolutely stunning, she has a unique look and aura that when highlighted immediately dominates the stage. However, her debut styling wasn't able to breach that potential.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I sure hope they are successful, especially Chowon she deserves success and it is already bad enough what has happened to her

IZ*ONE will be in a sort of Kpop Hall of Fame, remembered basically forever, when people talk in years to come about the most influential Artists of this Generation they will almost certainly me mentioned and praised for their talents and achievements

And when they are talked about say 10 years from now, Chowon and Gaeun probably won't even be mentioned, the rigging will be nothing more than a footnote in history unless Chowon or Gaeun go onto huge personal success

And if they are talked about, I can sadly so easily see arguments like "Time kind of proved those Girls didn't have the IT factor, otherwise they would have succeeded in spite of that" with everyone nodding their heads in agreement

• they have a pottential, all the members but the debut didn't show how amazing they are. I even remember their song after repeat their mv 3 times, after g(idle) have amazing debut I have expectation to cube new gg. but :boredr::boredr:

• I'm gonna be brutally honest. I've watched the mv and was not impressed. I went to watch their performances to maybe have a different perspective of the song and while the members have potential, the song is just bland. It's not memorable and kind of boring. Such a shame really considering the stuff they released prior to the actual debut is a lot more promising.

It's definitely far below the tier of the iconic debut of idle. Everything about the debut song and mv kinds of fall in line to CLC's debut song. But, despite of that similarities, CLC's debut actually managed to have a little more impact to me. CLC's Pepe have more of a memorable hook and a standout member ( seungyeon) that left a lasting impression.

The members of Lightsum however doesn't have that kind of impression yet, at least to me. They're talented definitely but I guess because of the bland song, some of the member's potentials are obscured. There are some members who just doesn't fit that kind of cheesy bubblegum concept and it's sticking out.

Add the fact that CLC's debut song managed to be a refreshing release in the midst of sexy trend of the ggs around those years. Vanilla is not that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!