Why korean GP don’t support TWICE music like before?

• In my opinion the reasons are:

1. TWICE music evolving: the girls went from cutesy which gave them their biggest hits ever in their career to more a mature sound so obviously the korean GP is not used neither seems to like it.

2. Choreos lacking of signature moves: We all know choreos help a lot with the performance of a song, if a choreo goes viral then the song will obviously. TT, Cheer Up, Fancy and more TWICE’s song with iconic dance steps were something people fell in love. I think their newest songs lack in that aspect, their choreos are getting harder and coordination as usual is incredible but the signature moves are gone.

3. New favorites girlgroups: This might sound stupid because many big and successful girlgroups can coexist together this not a competition, but i think korean GP moved to other girlgroups to find new sounds I guess? So TWICE niche is not into them anymore.

TWICE is growing so much international regardless and what some toxic stans call a “flop” is what many groups will wish to have.

This is just my honest opinion after observing their comebacks since Feel Special in 2019 (which is a big hit in Japan, Japanese have taste) till so far Alcohol-Free initial performance.

• leavessick

Changed the title of the thread from “Why korean GP don’t support TWICE music life before?” to “Why korean GP don’t support TWICE music like before?”.
  • TWICE historically had an ethos of comforting warmth and relatability.

Their entire image, sound and manner reinforced this idea in their early career.

It was this relatability and comfort that was the foundation for their beloved status with the public.

They have largely abandoned that ethos.

In my opinion that is at the center of why TWICE lost their differentiation and special relationship.

• There are too many reasons. Dating scandals, backlash for their singing, twice focusing more on japan, concept change, and people thinking they have had enough of twice who comeback even if one member is not feeling well. The usual positivity has long gone whenever they comeback.

• I think M&M kind of tripped up their momentum (especially happening after Feel Special), then that encore stage issue and Corona stopping a lot of Twices presence in the public in general really all came together and made Twice a little less popular with the general public. Music wise anyway. But I think ICSM helped a bit and I have a feeling AF is going to change that back and give Twice another hit with the general public (knocks on wood).

• I just hope they like the music they're doing now and like their management, otherwise they're probably doomed as a group

i hope jyp is doing what they need to do to keep them happy. Their fanbase is secure, so I think they're doing great in moving to a new sound. Trying to chase GP hits has its pitfalls anyway

• 1) Constant image changes. They don't have a set image like the once had. When you thought of TWICE, you thought of 9 girls with cheerful personalities and a bright, enjoyable concept to lift up your day. From Fancy onwards their image has been very confusing, with them going from bright but mature with Fancy/M&M/FS, to a much darker concept with CFM/ICSM, to a brighter concept with Alcohol-Free. There's just no consistency.

2) Newer and younger groups with similar concepts rising. This always happens in KPOP tbh, groups with similar concepts start to rise as the older groups start to decline.

Obviously all of this is not their fault, it's ratty JYP's fault for not even trying with TWICE nowadays.

Though they still have a strong fanbase that buy albums and merch, that's what bring in the $$$ anyway so

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕠𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 𝔽𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕫𝕖 𝕆𝕌𝕋 ℕ𝕆𝕎

79f29fe50ea3af712cd5063404a23de85fa04856.gifv

• I think the main and obvious reason was their change in style after Feel Special. The public seemingly aren't really fans of non cute Twice music, which is a bit odd considering girl crush has been the in trend for the last few years and cut songs are less common so you'd think Twice would've also got the same reception.

I guess there's more to it than just music change as that alone wouldn't explain their drastic drop off in charts for a few years and multiple CBs in a row. I haven't seen that happen to a once big group unless they had a scandal, something has clearly changed with public's attitude towards Twice as a group, not just their music.

• I guess majority twice fans are growing up too. It was easy when twice did the cute concepts and fans were teenagers, but it’s harder to relate to actual grown adults as music taste gets specific or non existent for some

:whatr:

and teens of today probably listen more to 4th gen groups and that’s if kpop is even as popular in Korea as it used to be. I see stayc or weeekly taking over similarly

:pepepizza:

aespa edit | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespa jimin | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiridolady.tumblr.com - TumbexAespa gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• it's just something that happens with all groups eventually. if they peak later, they tend to last longer. like omg just had their big hit with dolphin/nonstop, so even if they've been around awhile they're trendy currently and can still go up. there's anomalies sometimes where older groups will get one or two hits that save them, but usually by 5-6 years there's a downturn. new groups come in, old groups fade. cycle of kpop group life ig

I think the main and obvious reason was their change in style after Feel Special. The public seemingly aren't really fans of non cute Twice music, which is a bit odd considering girl crush has been the in trend for the last few years and cut songs are less common so you'd think Twice would've also got the same reception.

I guess there's more to it than just music change as that alone wouldn't explain their drastic drop off in charts for a few years and multiple CBs in a row. I haven't seen that happen to a once big group unless they had a scandal, something has clearly changed with public's attitude towards Twice as a group, not just their music.

there is probably some truth to this honestly. they've had a handful of scandals over the last couple of years, so add that to their concept change, the new generation gaining momentum, and jyp making poor choices it's kind of inevitable unfortunately

once twice54f41535d9263fc3c9d8efe0123a46c4ba829695.gifv

stayc fromis_9 weeekly

• I think fancy is the new sound for them but sadly the next songs isn’t appealing to koreans

The alcohol free is good but there’s no catchy part to it, I can’t stop me, cry for me is good but it’s not bright for Koreans liking this is the main reasons why twice isn’t doing well digitally even that two songs are good there’s no twice feeling

• the factors others have stated seem to be the case + also over-saturation of the market, i think in some ways TWICE have kinda spent their image as a group, after you release dozens of singles with little wait in between, they start to lose their excitement, JYP tried to counteract this by constantly changing the concepts, but that only backfired more

• there is probably some truth to this honestly. they've had a handful of scandals over the last couple of years, so add that to their concept change, the new generation gaining momentum, and jyp making poor choices it's kind of inevitable unfortunately

But that's the thing, they haven't really had any major scandals, certainly not any in the same league as other groups such as bullying, drugs, assault etc. Iirc the main ones they've had were dating and theyre hardly big enough for the whole public to lose interest.

I don't think it's generation shift because that doesn't magically affect everyone from previous generations, if a group is popular they'll stay popular regardless if newer group come along. Gens don't really matter to casual listeners/public unless there's an obvious difference like group A is made of 30 yr olds while group B is made of teens.

It's honestly really weird what happened to them. By their 4th year they started underperforming and got worse since. Many groups have mainted their own personal level of success fir longer periods barring major scandals but Twice have tanked hard from very top without any real reason why.

• the factors others have stated seem to be the case + also over-saturation of the market, i think in some ways TWICE have kinda spent their image as a group, after you release dozens of singles with little wait in between, they start to lose their excitement, JYP tried to counteract this by constantly changing the concepts, but that only backfired more

I actually think this is the best guess. This is the result of endless milking of fanbase. Plus, male fans are fickle anyway, as they grow older, they tend to abandon the kpop fandom and become casual fans

Like someone said above, sound change doesnt make you drastically drop in performance (thought it really happened before with gfriend). It is combination of few factors - Sound change, too much milking to a point that some fans are turned off, bad live singing scandal, constant members absent from comeback, amongst others

• you're right lol but one must evolve

• I think the main and obvious reason was their change in style after Feel Special. The public seemingly aren't really fans of non cute Twice music, which is a bit odd considering girl crush has been the in trend for the last few years and cut songs are less common so you'd think Twice would've also got the same reception.

Did it ever happen to SNSD during their time as 9 membeers? 2007 to 2014? or i should say after their major hit year of 2009, were they able to keep that momentum going?

I'm curious because I never followed the charts since I only got into kpop a few years ago. Even now I barely know whats happening with the charts. I didn't know Twice's performance had changed that much.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!