my thoughts on alcohol free

• the song arrangement is better than their 2020 releases. no misplaced rap and its nice to have some variety in the chorus instead of just nayeon/jihyo repeating themselves.

the MV is easily the best since what is love. all of the MVs after that utilized too much green screen and were boring except DTNA but this one is more colorful and has nicer imagery.

the music itself is nice. it does sound more like a b-side in kpop terms but not every release has to be fast, danceworthy or have a beat drop somewhere.

I saw someone else saying on allkpop that they felt the vocals were too pop-like for the song and i can agree with that too a bit.

the only part that irked me was momo's drink portion. i wish they had directed her to sing it more smoothly. it was almost too sharp and nasal and i know she can sing differently. it was a jarring and didn't suit the overall music. the voice she did would suit a true pop song.

jihyo or jeongyeon would have suited that part more. momo's not always bad, she would have sounded fine singing dahyun's lower verse.

i thought the rap was good.

it's nice to see them trying out different styles and not going for the typical pop sound. it is a breath of fresh air after the retro revival and edm everywhere.

i think its a a song that grows on you. i don't love it. i only felt like hearing it twice (lol). but i think it's going to grow on me.

some lyrics were a little cringy (the english line in chaeyoung's rap and part of momo's line). but certain lines generally are.

everyone looked great. especially dahyun i thought.

overall i prefer this over their 2020 releases (except for cry for me- i like that one the most of the recent releases). Alcohol-free is overall not my type of song but it is mature yet fresh.

• I cant stop me is a BOP WTFFFF???

X(X(X(

it's a fast/catchy song but personally wasn't for me. I preferred M&M over it, even. Cry for me on the other hand was wonderful, especially Chaeyoung's part.

My taste is maybe just different lol. I like Signal a lot and Rookie by RV too and I know not everyone likes those songs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!