The Truth About BTS and Music Shows

• Not sure why some are coming for BTS's work ethic recently. Guess they are just trying to look for anything they can find to speak negatively about them. But I'm here to enlighten those who don't know why BTS haven't been on music shows lately. Last year during ON/Black Swan promotions, BTS did a series of vlives where each time they expressed their sadness about not being able to see army during music shows. They talked about how it made them feel subdued and they had a noticeable lack of energy performing without army. Jimin in particular said that all the practicing and planning they do for comebacks feels worth it when they can see army and perform for them but without that, it wasn't a true comeback. Ever since then, BTS haven't been to any music shows. With the pandemic still raging on, I wouldn't expect them to perform at these shows until it's over. So those who seem to think BTS aren't showing up because they are "privileged enough so they don't have to", I give you permission to bump this thread after the pandemic is completely over and if BTS still don't go to these shows.

• They did so many music shows even in 2019 when they were obviously above its level. It was only for the opportunity to perform for army.

• The nerve of people talking down on BTS' working ethic when they're one of the most consistently hard-working artists in the industry. I know we shouldn't try to argue with antis who already have hating agenda but it's still sad to see it.

• Thank you for this.

I feel really sad for tannies because they always want to have shows and/or concerts with Armys there. :-(

exactly this. they looked visibly depressed during ON/Black Swan promotions because of army not being there and every interview, vlive, twitter post since have just been them obsessing over the next time they can see the fans. They were hit even harder when the ON:E concert had the live portion cancelled (like I was seriously worried for their well-being). So i just wanted to set the record straight for people who didn't know this about BTS.

• thank you op for this. I'm tired of seeing people questioning their work ethics in guise of "concern" because they dont promote on music show for 3 comebacks now.

For me personally I really like it this way because we get better camera work, better stage design, better direction and better performance overall when bighit use their usual crew for performance recording compared to their music shows performances. How i wish I can get a black swan performance with zanybros as their director...

• They may not have done music shows but they certainly have done tons of other performances as well as interviews. People trying to question their "effort" are completely foolish. And yes, they are the hardest working group in showbiz. This is a play off of James Brown's words about himself. It's a figure of speech. This is not a saying to disparage other group's hard work but to acknowledge BTS'. BTS have made it to the top but still work like they're at the bottom. They don't take anything they've achieved for granted.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• exactly this. they looked visibly depressed during ON/Black Swan promotions because of army not being there and every interview, vlive, twitter post since have just been them obsessing over the next time they can see the fans. They were hit even harder when the ON:E concert had the live portion cancelled (like I was seriously worried for their well-being). So i just wanted to set the record straight for people who didn't know this about BTS.

This.

Also, I remembered that sma 2019 (they didn't have to go since it's not an attendance award) where they were hella tired due to back to back concerts but still performed there. :pepe-sad:

• They even went on Korean VS for fans this year since they couldn't perform. Even if they do not go to a single music show in the future, it won't change anything. They gave us like 50 DIFFERENT AND VARIED Dynamite performances already.

And If the criteria for winning in music shows does not include attendance then this shouldn't even be the topic in the first place. :pepelove2:

But all of this is pointless for the people who are so obsessed on hating BTS and everything they do. The same user was mocking bts for releasing remixes and now their faves are doing the same and I don't hear a peep:pepe-cringe:

• bts told how hard they worked for on performance and wanted show it to armys. they are more disappointed than us. they are literally the most hardworking people in the world

• This thread was much needed. And this video too if anyone has not yet watched it especially for the baby armys

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lol more hardworking than medical staff during covid? okay! you guys know you don't have to overplay everything they do (or don't do for that matter), right? there's a point it becomes laughable! or concerning, I'm not sure.

aa really? come on that was not the point and you know it very well tho. don't twist it. go and do your fake wokeness somewhere else

• how did the bts antis follow us to this thread too :peperain:

armys are just praising bts hardwork, but apparently that's not allowed on this site

can't count how many times users here called their faves the cutest, the sweetest, the prettiest in the world

does that mean they were insinuating others on this planet aren't as pretty or sweet

it's not that deep, let people praise their faves and move on :sweatr:

• Fuck music shows.. hope BTS stop going indefinitely.

After pandemic they should just invite a secret amount of Armys with fab memberships to come watch them pre-record performances. I think that’ll be better and they have more control over the environment.

• lol more hardworking than medical staff during covid? okay! you guys know you don't have to overplay everything they do (or don't do for that matter), right? there's a point it becomes laughable! or concerning, I'm not sure.

Such a dumb take. You sound like one of those people who tell people around them to suck it up because people have bigger problems than them

• Your first post was so unnecessary. Ever heard of hyperbole? And you know very well how often kpop fans overpraise without actually meaning to downgrade others.

Yeah, I've heard of hyperbole. But on the internet, where countless people make the stupidest statements with a straight face no joke, hyperboles are a delicate tool to handle. So by default I have little reason to think people don't mean exactly what they say the way they say it.

Funfact: Michael Jackson is a bigger than Baby Shark

Your fav ain't the biggest in the world.

• Yeah, I've heard of hyperbole. But on the internet, where countless people make the stupidest statements with a straight face no joke, hyperboles are a delicate tool to handle. So by default I have little reason to think people don't mean exactly what they say the way they say it.

It was a harmless post, there was nothing in it to get so offended but you do you

• This thread contains 75 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!