Have you watched Army of the Dead?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I watched it couple of days ago...

Really amazing movie. Zack Snyder is on a roll this year. First Justice League and now this.

He has such a distinct way of filming close up shots, you can see he used the same technique as he did while shooting the Extended Knightmare Sequence with Joker in Justice League (which was filmed in October last year)

Good story. Great action. Smart Zombies. Emotional story.

8.5/10

Your thoughts?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Yeah. It was OK to shit.

Plot had some silly things going (if Japanese dude wanted an alpha why not send his own trained soldiers to get one rather than hiring a rag tag group, the nuke being moved up as an artificial timer, the entire sisde story with the daughter which didn't amount to anything, the entire ending with the dude etc)

CGI and make up was pretty good.

Didn't care about any of characters really and all of them had very flmisy characterisation like Batista "romance". The daughter arguably and her antics is probably one of the worst things about it all esp as her actions gets people killed.

The worst offenders are however the little "weird" things that happens in the movie that have ZERO explanations such as

Which makes things very unsatisfactory. I mean why bring up seemingly important things if they're never explained or even relevant to the plot at hand? That really ruined a lot of films interest as those things make shift away from the usual zombie films wve e seen hundreds of times and bring in something fresh and exciting but by the end it means absolutely nothing.

• Prequels are in works.. It will explain everything. I found the concept of smart zombies capable of reproducing themselves interesting... Like, They can technically replace Humans... Not to mention, Zombies are stronger than average human...

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Prequels are in works.. It will explain everything. I found the concept of smart zombies capable of reproducing themselves interesting... Like, They can technically replace Humans... Not to mention, Zombies are stronger than average human...

Current, possibly important observations that require a prequel to explain is ashitty way of story telling. What was the point of hyping up certain things as important if you have to wait for another movie to explain them especially as those things I mentioned didn't even play any significant role anyway. They were basically teases that serve no purpose

Yeah I liked the idea of zombies that can reproduce but again there could be an explanation for them that we heavily implied which was never used. Also since they're dead now there isn't much point to a prequel or sequel that focuses on them.

I wanted to like it but it has too many plot holes and unnecessary set ups that really drags out down. Snyder had the same problems with batman v superman and justice league. It's style but little to no substance.

• Current, possibly important observations that require a prequel to explain is ashitty way of story telling. What was the point of hyping up certain things as important if you have to wait for another movie to explain them especially as those things I mentioned didn't even play any significant role anyway. They were basically teases that serve no purpose

Yeah I liked the idea of zombies that can reproduce but again there could be an explanation for them that we heavily implied which was never used. Also since they're dead now there isn't much point to a prequel or sequel that focuses on them.

I wanted to like it but it has too many plot holes and unnecessary set ups that really drags out down. Snyder had the same problems with batman v superman and justice league. It's style but little to no substance.

I wouldn't say BVS and Justice League had little to no substance.

Yes, BVS at time felt like it was way too crowded in termsnof storyline. Ultimate edition helped clear that up a little.

Justice League was a triumph and also the biggest movie of 2021 so that was nice...

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I wouldn't say BVS and Justice League had little to no substance.

Yes, BVS at time felt like it was way too crowded in termsnof storyline. Ultimate edition helped clear that up a little.

Justice League was a triumph and also the biggest movie of 2021 so that was nice...

JL still feels incomplte for how it really want down. The biggest issue was Superman - the pillar of the team - was dead for 90% of it. How can you have such an important member missing almost the entire film? BVS and it's death of superman plot came waaaaaay to early in the DCEU and it would been better if superman died later on, after achieving more feats than just 1 previous film and having his friends mourn him properly instead of only an angsty man (Batmqn) that was trying to kill him and a random woman he met twice (Wonder woman).

Darkseid having brain damage or is a moron because he forgot about Earth after he was beaten even though he invaded beacuse of the Anti life Equation aka the thing he bases his entire life to attaining AND he left behind the mother boxes there. Earth should've his been top priority to return to as soon as he was healed and ready to fight.

Martin manhunter is introduced then fucks off somewhere even though he could have helped and is recruited at the end. He's a core member in comics and cartoon. His inclusion was very forced.

And so on. Like I said there's a lot of style but enough substance esp for these comic movies which should have a cohesive story connecting them instead of a mismash of of comic events and an almost make it up as you go along shine on them.

Marvel will have having 4 films this year and all 4 will almost certainly be bigger and going by the quality of over decade will certainly be better written both interns of as a standalone film and a episode in a larger collection.

• In my opinion it was pretty terrible, I rolled my eyes so much I almost got an astigmatism.

The characters were hollow and annoying, the story meh and the cinematography just looked like dirty water, and don't get me started on those weired slow move dramatic scenes (I admit they were pretty funny although not intensionally)

I gave it two star on Letterbox

This movie probaby not for me but I'm happy Snyder fans enjoyed it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!