Twice's new song is boring

• The song is really boring and putting me to sleep. JYP really needs to stop writing for his groups. I wish ITZY and Twice could escape JYP's clutch.

Mafia in the Morning was okay but really the worst song after ICY for me. At least it had other people writing and composing it.

Alcohol free is just awful. JYP composed and wrote it himself. Pray for Twice. I am sure they are thinking of leaving JYP next year.

They is no way Stray Kids, ITZY or Twice are renewing their contracts with this awful company. I hope they get to escape like GOT7 and keep their name and find a better company soon.

• i can see how people think that, for me it's my speed, I like upbeat songs with a catchy chorus, but chill songs are also nice :)

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• I agree. I've never been so bored by a TWICE title track. Plus it's not catchy at all, even More & More had more replay value the moment I heard it.

It is because JYP wrote and composed himself. Who does he think he is? He needs to have other producers write for his group. It's so obvious he wants his royalty money from Twice and ITZY.

• The song works because it is twice, only a few groups could have pulled this off.

Twice, Red Velvet and SNSD in their glory days.

For other groups it would not have worked.

FX, BP, Itzy 2NE1, Aespa could have tried and it would have done ok, but the style is just so different that it would have been weird.

For any non top 3 group, this song would have flopped.

Well, maybe Mamamoo, Gfriend or OMG could have done ok with it.

• It is because JYP wrote and composed himself. Who does he think he is? He needs to have other producers write for his group. It's so obvious he wants his royalty money from Twice and ITZY.

Who do you think you are? JYP tried something new and fresh but you all are still complaining and making sure to disrespect a whole culture while at it. As ppl always like to say with SM groups... There are always the bsides, love.

Or the door out.

• This is actually the first title track of theirs that I haven't liked on first listen since their debut. Don't even get me started on the digital album cover. JYP literally put zero budget into that.

• Who do you think you are? JYP tried something new and fresh but you all are still complaining and making sure to disrespect a whole culture while at it. As ppl always like to say with SM groups... There are always the bsides, love.

Or the door out.

You know what’s even funnier if it were their favs singing it, they would have yelled master piece and trend setters but as it twice it’s not just good enough. And if twice have gone their normal route they would have called them safe and predictable. You can’t with with kpop fans it’s a constant struggle

• No replay value...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

+3 on Flow

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Almost pulled the same numbers as Fancy on YT yet surely only bots are playing it

• This is so good, guess people liked it

• Yes, I don't get why would people make a thread hating on a release of groups they like on it's day of release... I didn't like Itzys song at first and made sure to comment about it and the stream party but making a whole new thread about it... Yikes.

Most of the threads aren’t even made by once, the irony. But most once liked it at least on Twitter, I think it’s safe to say at this point we (once) know they aren’t going to be getting the same type of songs back to back so it makes us excited and anticipating. When I get down from my high I’ll start anticipating the perfect world that will be coming next month

• While you lots keep debating about why you think the song is good or bad, I’ll just be here waiting for The perfect world, see y’all next month as I know some of you would not listen to the b-sides

• Most of the threads aren’t even made by once, the irony. But most once liked it at least on Twitter, I think it’s safe to say at this point we (once) know they aren’t going to be getting the same type of songs back to back so it makes us excited and anticipating. When I get down from my high I’ll start anticipating the perfect world that will be coming next month

I feel blessed by this comeback, thank you Twice. The Ellen performance was amazing as well <3 Most older Onces I saw were happy about this chill release so they could get Jeongyeon back.

• I also find it "boring" in the sense of no reply value for me, but you could have phrased your quote better op...

I don't think it's their worst song, but I did find it weak as their tt. I thought it was going to be a more energetic song. Anyways, i loved the MV, the best to me. The quality and colors were great and I loved their outfits. I really liked Mina's clothes!

They are gorgeous!

• wait op, if you liked the comment saying you'd like the song if Twice wasn't singing it... but stated " Alcohol free is just awful. JYP composed and wrote it himself. Pray for Twice. "

tenor.gif

They confused, it’s obvious the no matter how good a song is there will be some people who would not like it because they just dislike the group

• i can understand if you thought it was boring but its not awful, thats being a little harsh imo.

and icy does not deserve the disrespect ;(

i too wish that jyp would stop doing their songs lol

He needs to just stop.I wish ITZY and Twice were able to say fuck off JYP, we don't need your songs. Not even Whitney Houston can save this song. Maybe Aretha Franklin could made it a tiny bit more bearable to listen to. But where is the hook?

• honestly, I'm all on board for a jyp roast session but yeah. Just seems contradicting now that I've seen the reaction to other comments.

Might just be a Twice issue for them

It’s definitely a twice issue, if the song was good they would have probably said the M/V was poor or vocals were bad or the rap in out of place. It’s always a loosing argument when it comes to twice, but the moment you say you dislike one of their favs songs they tell you how tasteless you are

• yeah, it's a boring blop

alcohol-free turned out to be a perfect description

but it'll still break sales and streaming records for twice, despite jyp's worst efforts

• oof, that's def a red flag. I feel like I see it happen too often with others as well. People want a one-way street or echo chamber for their opinions.

Exactly, and it annoying. I myself have songs from my bias groups I don’t particularly enjoy not that they are bad but I just don’t enjoy it and it okay, not everything would fit your taste and that’s ok too. I wonder a few years from now how these people condemning some songs would describe the songs they condemned

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!