I Regret Unstanning This Group

• I have never talked about this ever. I used to stan this group when I was a newbie to kpop and this group was the only group I ever unstanned. And I kind of unstanned because of the fandom.

I know it is kind of hypocritical of me because I feel like unstanning a group because of their fandom is wrong. I usually don't let a fandom get in the way of stanning a group. I am not gonna say which group or fandom it is because I know that there are some really nice people in that fandom and I don't want to offend them.

I used to be on this place, it was kind of like social media if you get what I am saying. I met some people that also stanned the group on that place. At first it was fine, we were just talking about our fav songs and stuff.

Then I talked about how I stanned other groups.That's when it started, they kept on telling me to stop and that if I truly loved the group I would only be stanning them. As a newbie kpop stan, this really made me question my morals. I didn't think I was a good fan.

They kept on doing this and telling me other stuff and it kept on getting worse to the point I started crying at night( I am not going to go into specifics to what happened on there because it was really disturbing) I started to ignore the group and slowly distance myself from them without knowing it.

So I unstanned the group and left that platform for good. My original plan was to just unstan for a while and then stan again. But it kept on getting delayed, I just couldn't get into them again.

The main reason was every single time I thought about that group it reminded me of what happened there. Recently, I have been getting more comfortable with the group and starting to detach the group from the incident that happened but I have been seeing negative things from the fandom .

Even though it does not directly affect me it is affecting my willingness to join the fandom again because it reminds me of what happened on that platform.

This where my guilt comes in. The members of that group did nothing wrong but I still unstanned them because of something a few people said.

I felt like I betrayed them and that what those people said was true. I still love the group, but I just can't seem to stan them.

Basically I need advice.

• So "Brainwashing" really is a thing.....

I mean, I already heard lots of cases like this...

Don't worry, You're not alone.

Try and do your own research on stuff other people tell you about a group...

That's the best advice.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I think you didn't understand something. I didn't unstan because the group did something or I was told the group did something. It was because of my experience with some people I met in a platform belonging to that fandom. But people not stanning Exo for those rumors is really sad.

• I think you didn't understand something. I didn't unstan because the group did something or I was told the group did something. It was because of my experience with some people I met in a platform belonging to that fandom. But people not stanning Exo for those rumors is really sad.

Oh got it.

Well, I can't say much in that issue.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I understand where you are coming from. Before I was a blink, I heard terrible things about the fandom. How they were toxic and other things. I was hesitant to join, but I always love to make my own judgment based off of my own experiences, so I joined anyways. So many people lump me in with toxic blinks, and etc. I’ve thought about unstanning blackpink a lot of times so I wouldn’t feel like I was a target to such hurtful words, but I still hold on because I genuinely love the girls you know?

Here’s my advice: If you truly love that artist, you are free to love them. Don’t let what other people say, or tell you get in the way of stanning a group you love. At the end of the day, it’s your life and you are free to Stan whoever you’d like! <3

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• Actually you stan btsxbp and they have the worst fans in kpop right now so I think you just didn't like this group enough to stick with them bc if you still are an armyblink I don't see how you will unstan another group bc of it fandom.... Like.... Kkkkk

• Actually you stan btsxbp and they have the worst fans in kpop right now so I think you just didn't like this group enough to stick with them bc if you still are an armyblink I don't see how you will unstan another group bc of it fandom.... Like.... Kkkkk

I had a really traumatic experience with those stans on that platform. It was really bad, and it wasn't your usual fandom toxicness. I don't want to say what happened to me. And every time I think about that group I keep on getting flashbacks to what happened.

• I had a really traumatic experience with those stans on that platform. It was really bad, and it wasn't your usual fandom toxicness. I don't want to say what happened to me. And every time I think about that group I keep on getting flashbacks to what happened.

This is actually sad. Then you don't need to feel guilty bc if something reminds me of my trauma I would obviously avoid it. But I also think now you can be ready to try to get into them again, if you'd like, and it can be just you and your researches. Here in akp you can also find people who may like the group and just appreciate them here without fear of being judged or insulted.

• Are there fandoms worse than armys and blinks? now i am curious lol, probably it was really bad if it left u traumatic but you have to remind yourself that that group it's not at fault at all. Maybe you can just listen them casually not getting involved in the fandom at all.

• If you like the group enough then stan them despite the fandom. If the fandom is a big turnoff for you, but the group doesn't make up for it, it's okay to stay away. I tend to stay loyal to groups despite the fandom if I like them enough as they are. In other cases, the fandom factors too much in the way you stan the group so I rather go my own way. Hope this makes sense and helps.

• If you like the group enough then stan them despite the fandom. If the fandom is a big turnoff for you, but the group doesn't make up for it, it's okay to stay away. I tend to stay loyal to groups despite the fandom if I like them enough as they are. In other cases, the fandom factors too much in the way you stan the group so I rather go my own way. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Thanks! I have started to get more interested in the group and might stan. I still remember what happened but it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!