How the hell does KoKoBop have so many melon streams

• it was actually very controversial back then for being so obviously heavily inflated by fans (one of the last big fandom zombie streaming and multiple downloads attempts before Melon made it harder) but fans pretend they don't remember that I guess?

I remember tons of discussions about kokobop and the weird download/streams ratio and the insane inflation of unfiltered vs filtered numbers.

it still did well, EXO have a huge fandom of course but yeah, it wasn't a national hit or anything.

yes, surprised no one is mentioning this. I too don't remember much but that there was an issue with the numbers ..anyways, it was still a good song and was well received.

• Do you have any trustworthy, reliable proof of this?

The only thing that I can find when I search on Melon and Ko Ko Bop is that Melon declares it the most liked song of 2017 and how it won a whole lot of awards and achievements.

The only thing that I found on Melon saying they changed their policy was much later on, when it was shown how some parties had used sajaegi and botnets to promote some less known indie artists and such.

i have my memory, i remember this clearly, melon did many changes over the years to prevent chart manipulation from ifans and kfans, 24hrs chart was only one

• EXO ‘Ko Ko Bop’ Remains No.1 on MelOn For 24 Hours! | Achieves 588,915 Unique Listeners in 24 Hours.

EXO’s ‘Ko Ko Bop’ remains #1 on the MelOn Chart and has accumulated 588,915 Unique Listeners in 24 hours.

EXO ‘Ko Ko Bop’ Hits 300,000 Likes on MelOn’s Music Chart | 1st Ever Idol Song To Hit 300K

EXO ‘Ko Ko Bop’ Ranks No.1 on MelOn for 134 Consecutive Hours! EXO’s ‘Ko Ko Bop’ ranked #1 on MelOn for 134 consecutive hours since its release, a difficult achievement for a male group.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Exols were using a Melon bug that allowed them to stream many more times than the coupon was for. It was also before international fans were banished, Melon made changes after Kokobop to restrict international fans access.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Exols were using a Melon bug that allowed them to stream many more times than the coupon was for. It was also before international fans were banished, Melon made changes after Kokobop to restrict international fans access.

I think I've asked this several times now, but everyone who mentioned it kept silent: do you have trustworthy, valid sources that confirm this, that Melon changed stuff because of Kokobop?

I mean, accusations/rumors by K-pop fans fly around all the time, and if they all should be believed then practically all successful groups have done sajaegi, only have high sales due to bulk buy and chart manipulation etc etc. Most of it turns out is just speculations, often with the flimsiest backing.

So if there's any actual sources that confirm Melon has made changes due to Ko Ko Bop and not other reasons or much later, I'd be interested to learn.

• not everyone here accusing exols lmao as exols could have done the same with moster too and same with for life..

melon reform was done after the whole nilo case lol ... kokobop still was the most liked song on melon that year and the most streamed on Genie too...

now people will say exols did fraud on genie too.. anything to fit the narrative and take away achievements of other groups I see :pepe-hehe:

ezgif-6-540b04d8f9ff.gif

• not everyone here accusing exols lmao as exols could have done the same with moster too and same with for life..

melon reform was done after the whole nilo case lol ... kokobop still was the most liked song on melon that year and the most streamed on Genie too...

now people will say exols did fraud on genie too.. anything to fit the narrative and take away achievements of other groups I see :pepe-hehe:

Nilo case? Elaborate...

• The song was popular and they promoted it a lot so a lot of people got to know it. I remember a funny incident from their Germany performance with a fan saying 'not this song again' or something like that but she started singing screaming her lungs out when it started.

As you the melon coupon , it is not a secret it happened. People talked about it a lot back then. Openly

There was a glitch and the fans took advantage of it and improved the results a lot.

Plus, there was another mess with the numbers free falling after 6 weeks but I don't remember all the details. But something did happen and they changed the rules because of that.

• All I have to say is

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it was actually very controversial back then for being so obviously heavily inflated by fans (one of the last big fandom zombie streaming

I'm literally waiting for someone to say this so that I can promote my faves (I just knew it will happen)

Zombie Streaming ftw

• All I have to say is

did you just post akp's theme song:pepemusic:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!