How much does German music sounds influenced by the USA?

• What do you say? 1

1. Extremly heavy influenced by the US (0) 0%
    2. Most sounds influenced by the US (1) 100%
    3. Sounds like if some artists are influenced by the US (0) 0%
    4. Not much but you can definetly hear it I guess (0) 0%
    5. No, it sounds extremly like you expect European music to sound like so I don't think it was really inspired by the US I belive (0) 0%
    6. Probably inspired by some other country but definetly not the US (0) 0%

I just thought of it after someone wrote something somewhere about how Asian music is apparently "influenced" by US-American (or British, Canadian,...) music and so I had the idea to ask you.

So as many of you may know Germany shows a lot American TV-shows and many people can speak English here, Youtuber often say they have their idea from "an American Youtuber", a lot of people want to purchase American brands as for example the number of people who use Kylie Jenner's beauty-stuff as example is growing more and more, blah blah ... you get what I mean. It mostly has to do with what happend after WW2 where a lot American people from the Army came to Germany after the country got split for a bunch of years and well ...

Than I thought of the fact how people allways say "Asian music is inspired by US-American music" but nobody is ever saying thart European music would be inspired by American music.

Now I present to you a bunch of the most different German songs I have in my mind and trought these you, who might listen to a lot music from the US can tell me if this music sounds like heavly influenced or not

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Interesting point, really.

I haven't heard the songs you listed, but the two genres I most associate with Germany (krautrock and techno) are derived from American music. The latter more so than the former, and you could argue that the whole steady motorik rhythm thing really sets krautrock apart from prog rock or whatever... Like a lot of American bands were influenced by it, but still, the roots come from jazz, blues, rock and roll.

Oval and Einsturzende Neubauten are the only two German acts I know of that owe very little to US or British music.

On the other hand, classical music,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!