Jay Park’s Controversial Lyrics Offend Many Muslim Kpop Fans

• forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/60548/

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/60549/

This is so insensitive and rude towards Muslims and Islam. I am upset that people can act so islamaphobic and get away with it. It would be understandable if he didn’t know what the words meant, but he is literally using so many Islamic terminology in his lyrics such as “Allah”, “Wallah”, “Salaam”, and “Haram”— it’s hard to believe that he didn’t know these are terms used commonly amongst Muslims— which should be a given that these are religious terminology. Even Muslims don’t use these words lightly or in vain, it is especially disrespectful even to use these words in this context, and the fact he uses it such a inappropriate context. Also, who gave him the permission? If he didn’t know, why is he using words that has no positive impact on him or his followers? Didn’t he say he wants to impact people positively?

His apology to his Muslim fans (mind you this is less of a fanbase problem, rather a community problem whom he offended) was less of an apology, more of him excusing and explaining to the Muslims why it’s not offensive to them, see for yourself:

82921C8B-538E-42B4-B60D-EE8FC2A48A03.jpeg

922530A6-CAF3-4244-A99B-F981CEB201BC.jpeg

He blatantly acted islamaphobic, refused to acknowledge where he went wrong. He deleted his tweets soon after and later issued another apology. It was seemingly more appropriate and mature compared to his last “apology”.

59756EB7-1C3D-420D-A3D4-E1F278F1E416.jpeg

I personally don’t think his apology was sincere, however, I don’t know him personally so I can’t judge whether it was sincere or not. Personally, I won’t be accepting his apology. I can just hope it was sincere and will give him the benefit of the doubt that he did learn from his mistakes and won’t repeat them again. He generally was an artist I did enjoy listening to, but my opinion regarding him just isn’t the same anymore. I’m obviously not going to shame anyone for still stanning him, but excusing his actions is unacceptable. He is not a clueless 12 year old.

• Yeah this a like a few weeks old. Most people agree that he's just a moron as he's always been but nothing more than that (eg racist, hateful etc)

You might not have found those threads because the they, surprise surprise, had certain users who were borderline to pretty Islamaphobic with certain statements. Mods had to close them down.

• Yeah this a like a few weeks old. Most people agree that he's just a moron as he's always been but nothing more than that (eg racist, hateful etc)

You might not have found those threads because the they, surprise surprise, had certain users who were borderline to pretty Islamaphobic with certain statements. Mods had to close them down.

Not surprised, some users here are pretty Islamaphobic. Got to see it first hand before revamp, so it’s no surprise to hear this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!