Lightsum slayed the MIM cover

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now I am sad they aren't girl crush

• I still wonder if the concept they're going with will allow them to showcase their strongest assets. People hype the dancing skills of some members but I don't feel like a sweet concept is well suited for intense and powerful choreos.

Yes, that was my first thought while watching. They were all so fierce. Who is the blondie? Also, isn't YGnGG supossed to have a cute concept as well? Maybe it's reaching because the market is already saturated regardless of concept but people may not pay much attention after YG debuts their group. I hope not.

• I still wonder if the concept they're going with will allow them to showcase their strongest assets. People hype the dancing skills of some members but I don't feel like a sweet concept is well suited for intense and powerful choreos.

Yes my thinking as well. They definitely have the abilities to go head to head against ITZY in the dance category. I think ITZY still has a slight edge but it would be a good battle and depend more on actual choreography and practice. But sweet and hardcore dance seems off. Maybe they will be like RV and be a two sided group. They could do formation style dancing similar to Loona and IZ*ONE though and make it look out of this world. I still think the real challengers to ITZY in the dance category will be coming from the new WM girl group.

• don't worry they won't have this magical concept all the time

they can always enter some portal in end of one or another mv and then do some girl crush or hip hop concepts

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’m really hoping Cube goes more for a bright-crush concept rather than sweet crush because I agree. They did REALLY well with this cover and a thing bright-crush kind of like what STAYC is doing would suit them So well!

~ ω

• Yes, that was my first thought while watching. They were all so fierce. Who is the blondie?

The blonde is Juhyeon, the very one who is praised for her dancing skills. Some people know her already as she participated in The Unit in 2017. She's been a trainee for a long time as she joined Cube in 2014, so a lot of people were anticipating her debut. She will be the leader of the group, despite not being the oldest.

• The blonde is Juhyeon, the very one who is praised for her dancing skills. Some people know her already as she participated in The Unit in 2017. She's been a trainee for a long time as she joined Cube in 2014, so a lot of people were anticipating her debut. She will be the leader of the group, despite not being the oldest.

You think maybe Cube is going for this soft (so far) concept to not butt heads with Gidle? Also, the one with ombre hair did very wellas well along side with being very pretty

• and by the way for everyone interested here is full version of Lightsum's Count Dance performance

• yeah idk how i feel abt their concept, especially being under cube. kinda reminds me of how clc debuted with a bright concept and many members, and we all know how that turned out....

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• You think maybe Cube is going for this soft (so far) concept to not butt heads with Gidle? Also, the one with ombre hair did very wellas well along side with being very pretty

Maybe. There's also the fact that the members are very young so the concept must suit their age. Of course they could do something more teen crush-esque and it wouldn't overlap with (G)I-DLE. But that's already what the younger groups are doing in some capacity (woo!ah!, TRI.BE, Hot Issue, Weeekly). The innocent concept on the other hand has been mostly overlooked by the 4th generation.

• and by the way for everyone interested here is full version of Lightsum's Count Dance performance

They slayed all choreos. Hot Sauce is so hard but they did it sooo smothly. Also I am a sucker for the happy rookie energy, they look like they were having so much fun.

• The blonde was Lightsum's main dancer, Juhyeon, and the other one is Sangah, their lead dancer.

If you want to see more of their dances, here you can see Juhyeon, Sangah and Chowon (PD 48) in a trainee dance practice:

And here's some more dances of Juhyeon and Sangah

Their rapper Lian is like 15 years old, and from what I understand, she writes her own lyrics? Here you can see her with Lightsum's 2 main vocalists, Chowon and Nayoung (both from PD 48)

Will be interesting to see if they'll vary in concepts like CLC did, hopefully they will, because they're too talented and versatile to just be stuck in the cute concepts :-)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Some interesting info on Juhyeon. She was a member of the cover dance group First One from Korea. This is the same group that the main dancer of 3YE Yuji was from when she got scouted more or less on KPOPSTAR 3. And they were both members at the same time with Yuji in the senior group and Juhyeon in the junior group.

Here is Juhyeon from 2012 with First One

Then Yuji from 3YE from 2012 with First One

And funny enough there is a very good chance there will be a third one. The girl Hwang Chaewon is also one of the top dancers from the new WM GG and was the co choreographer of their trainee group along side Lee Chaeyeon.

• Some interesting info on Juhyeon. She was a member of the cover dance group First One from Korea. This is the same group that the main dancer of 3YE Yuji was from when she got scouted more or less on KPOPSTAR 3. And they were both members at the same time with Yuji in the senior group and Juhyeon in the junior group.

Oh really? I think Yuji is an amazing dancer. I didn't know they had this connection.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!