NCT is on the right track these days !!!

• - NCT dream becoming a Double million seller

- their latest tracks ( Kick it and Hot sauce ) are pretty popular among the public in Korea

- NCT dream hot sauce is still in the top 100 of Melon 24h after 26days which is really good for a BG

- NCT 127 released "Save" yesterday , and it got a lof of positive feedback in comparison of how their latest tracks used to be receive in pann etc...

- NCT 127 ranked 15 song in the top 20 of the most research songs in Melon yesterday, proving that people are waiting for their comeback

It seems like SM finally understood how to promote them and is doing the right things with NCT

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Official Post

Save being so well received by non-NCTzens is weird cause most fans are pretty lukewarm on it. :/

But anything that helps boost them is good. K-NCTzens are working hard despite it being almost a surprise drop with little notice or promotion. :pepelove2:

• Official Post

weird i saw non fans and NCTzens receive "save" very well

Most of the fans I've seen praising it are coming from a "____ got lines" view. I liked it, but I know a lot of people are pretty meh about it. Like they aren't bashing it or hating it or anything, they just aren't vibing with it.

• I'm glad that more and more people are starting to appreciate NCT, they have so many great songs and performances.

Boy groups have it hard, appealing to non-fans, and a number of NCT tracks aren't the most accessible ones for a mainstream audience.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• wayv is also doing great, as individuals (WW and Lucas in China) and their recent comeback got their first ever platinum cert on gaon

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm glad that more and more people are starting to appreciate NCT, they have so many great songs and performances.

Boy groups have it hard, appealing to non-fans, and a number of NCT tracks aren't the most accessible ones for a mainstream audience.

Which ones do you consider less accessible?

I thought Save was ok...sort of basic compared to the rest of their discography.

I like the NCT songs that have some catchy elements but also have some interesting atonal or modal parts. I'll have to watch the dance practice to see if I like it any better. Also, no interesting harmonies in the "SM" bridge....it more of a rap breakdown.

I have this feeling it could be redone to be amazing...it has the basic catchy elements but doesn't do enough with it.

• I think that what other people consider 'noise' music has less appeal for the mainstream public, and NCT go hard with quite a number of their songs (Firetruck, Chain, Limitless, that sort of songs).

I think that other NCT songs are extremely public friendly - like Baby Don't Stop, Boss, '90s Love, We Go Up, Superhuman), but for some reason boy groups have it harder to chart than girl groups in sortlike situations.

It's almost as if by default music listening non-fans are just that bit more interested in girl group music than boy group music, and that boy groups have to work harder to achieve the same digital succes :wellr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!