Somebody tell me what their favorite Denis Villeneuve film is.

• I have been watching his films lately (waiting for Dune :happyr: )

So far, mine is Prisoners. Arrival had a really intriguing plot but Prisoners really had me at the edge of my seat so it wins. I have yet to watch the Blade Runner films in which 2049 might top Prisoners from what I've heard.

• Blade Runner 2049, I've already liked the original so I got really hyped when they announced the sequel, I hoped it will at least live up to the first one but for my suprise it actually surpassed it (at least for me). Since then I watched it multiple times and it's solidify itself as one of my ultimate favourites

I also watched Sicario and Arrival, I like them both so I'm super hyped about Dune too, I will be at the cinema on the release day for sure :pepe-excited:

• I like Stefano Sollima more

with Villeneuve I always feel like his productions lack of "big" moment, like a plot twist or turning point, or even if it is there it isn't shown in the best way...

if you want something about criminals, which is realistic, well shown, true, has this noir or dark vibe then check Gomorrah, or Suburra.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

but with Suburra I suggest to watch whole series on Netflix instead of movie, although Sollima wasn't working on it but in same time this story is too cool and too deep to just watch one 90 min movie.

• wow! Thanks! I'll check this out when I have time :happyr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!