Ateez allegedly to do a online concert for Israel. (UPDATE: It seems that this was down without their knowledge)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wendii

Changed the title of the thread from “Ateez allegedly to do a online concert in Israel.” to “Ateez allegedly to do a online concert for Israel.”.
  • One thing I will say; do NOT take this out on the Ateez members. They have nothing to do with this. The issue lies with KQ entertainment since they are the ones managing them. Currently, Atiny already sent them tons of emails about this, asking them to cancel the event if this is really happening. Ya’ll can send an email as well. It’s important for our voices to be heard.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Look like they are the govt embassadors, idk if it's something they can refuse.

• Yeah i don’t understand the reasoning why it HAD to be Israeli specific. Could have just done a regular online concert.

Sucks that they are gonna have to deal with the negative PR

• Yeah i don’t understand the reasoning why it HAD to be Israeli specific. Could have just done a regular online concert.

Sucks that they are gonna have to deal with the negative PR

The reason is up there. Its the sk government

• Look like they are the govt embassadors, idk if it's something they can refuse.

Tbh the timing is too sus, it smelled like politics.

I feel bad for Ateez, I'm sure they are NOT asking for this kind of publicity.

• If they do a online concert there, it shouldn't be a problem and I'm sure some Atinys will try to understand that it's something out of their control but antis are going to have a field day on hating them for it so I hope it gets cancelled anyhow.

I think it’s just the association in general that have people iffy!

• Tbh the timing is too sus, it smelled like politics.

I feel bad for Ateez, I'm sure they are NOT asking for this kind of publicity.

I have zero knowledge about the relations between Israel and SK, but I agree the timing is too sus. I wonder if the Israeli govt asked Korea for some kind of partnership to hold this concert so people can focus on something else.

Whatever it is, shit is about to happen.

• Ah at this time especially it's a disaster. Looks like they are being used to garner positive attention after recent events but ateez will be dealing with the brunt of stan twitters wrath. If there's some way their fans do to weasel them out of it I hope they are doing their best cuz this is a bad look.

Desbundar

• before anyone jump to conlusions just wait for KQ's statement! ATEEZ is named Ambassador for Culture Ministry before in 2020 but in 2021 it is given to Loona since it is given annually to diff group every year, so idk whether they are ambassador anymore, atinys are emailing KQ so hope to hear clarification soon, but everything so weird and so random

• I hope the fans are able to get Ateez’s label to cancel their participation.

They said it’s an online “Kpop concert” in Israel. Is this Israel trying to use Kpop stars to endorse them and make them seem like the good guys in the public eye? :boredr:

• why israel of all places? it’s not like it’s some kind of place bustling with kpop fans that saying no would be detrimental to their career.

if they government asks them and they refuse, what can they even do lol? it’s not like it’s some kpop stronghold like china where bts are currently being banned and getting bad publicity and it is hurting the group in some slight way. like why even care about israel. are most of their sales coming from there? it won’t even matter if they reject the invitation.

still, i hope the emails work. kq needs to take the right step, this shit won’t settle well. they’ll get more hate by the kpop community performing there than by the stupid israeli government by declining.

• before anyone jump to conlusions just wait for KQ's statement! ATEEZ is named Ambassador for Culture Ministry before in 2020 but in 2021 it is given to Loona since it is given annually to diff group every year, so idk whether they are ambassador anymore, atinys are emailing KQ so hope to hear clarification soon, but everything so weird and so random

True... it's lowkey a bad move, to have the whole online set-up JUST to broadcast in one country...

This is why IF it's it's definitely paid by the government. No label would make such decision on their own.

• I hope the fans are able to get Ateez’s label to cancel their participation.

They said it’s an online “Kpop concert” in Israel. Is this Israel trying to use Kpop stars to endorse them and make them seem like the good guys in the public eye? :boredr:

Israel's image is a disaster on social medias ( especially twitter ).

Maybe they think getting on the good side of the kpop fans would help ? It's incredibly dumb and stupid, but they might think WE are incredibly dumb and stupid.

• Israel's image is a disaster on social medias ( especially twitter ).

Maybe they think getting on the good side of the kpop fans would help ? It's incredibly dumb and stupid, but they might think WE are incredibly dumb and stupid.

Israel’s not fooling anyone (other than hardcore Zionists) with their social media propaganda. The bad acting, cringy ‘Iron Dome’ superhero fanart and constant self-victimization look so fake.

A huge majority of Kpop fans, from what I’ve seen, are pro-Palestine. This is not going to go over well.

• If it's a kpop concert, who else is attending ?

It's not only a bad move morally by whoever is in charge of this decision, but also commercially, every artist and label should try to run as far away as they can from being associated with Israel.

• I don't blame the members not even the company but I just hate how obvious Isreal is using Kpop now to have a good image. This is not about a country being problematic because most countries are. But it's clear politics. When finally the world realized the horrible things that happened to Palestine, they do this and will have their innocent image back. They have US support so I expect no company could refuse to cooperate in things like this. I bet it's not only Ateez but other more popular groups that will follow too. Because this is a movement; it isn't randomly about the Israeli fans. It's an online concert yet it's for one country and one that got exposed recently. smh.. Honestly, for me, I don't know if I can stand K-pop (not shaming others who will) if more groups especially my favs joined this propaganda.

Edit: some say it's misunderstood but even if so, I bet this might happen soon to any group.

I hope the fans are able to get Ateez’s label to cancel their participation.

exactly

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• AS far as I'm aware, everything looks suspicious, the youtube teaser was already taken down, the website, the whatever else looks sloppily put together, for all we know this is a scam using Ateez name, no one knows for sure, but they are mass emailing KQ anyway. Ateez are global ambassadors they are contracted, this may be something KQ didn't even know about, atiny is mass contacting them.

The announcement was done on an FB page that doesn't even look professional. Something is going on, I highly doubt Ateez would agree to this especially after all the work they've been doing when they need a break. Too many are quickly hating/canceling ateez when it's not even their fault. EVEN if KQ knew about this, they are global ambassadors and it's possibly contracted. No one knows, it's apparently not happening til July 22nd, so there's plenty of time for KQ to sort this out. Just keep mass emailing WITHOUT using templates, otherwise it will get thrown into spam and blocked. People need to write it themselves, keep it professional, and put in links/facts. That's what we are spreading.

It's apparently only online and Ateez is like the guests for a Q&A but it's suspicious to call it a k-pop concert and not mention any other artists. We really don't know what is going on. They are calling it a K-Pop Cover Festival which makes absolutely no sense. We looked into the official Korean embassy and there is NO official post about this, it's extremely shoddy and hard to say whether or not this is a legit thing going on.

They didn't even post any other group, and didn't even give full details, it was like half done, as if it wasn't fully prepared. So why post it if you're not even done preparing it? It's extremely fishy but it is certainly not Ateez' fault, it may not even be KQ's fault. We don't know.

• Israel's image is a disaster on social medias ( especially twitter ).

They will keep doing it with more and more groups until it becomes a norm then the next generation of fans won't even know the bad history.

lt64IYu.gif

• whatever the case, please DO NOT BLAME THE BOYS OF ATEEZ. They do not choose their schedules or have any way to say no 😭

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Picsart-24-03-03-01-26-46-567.jpg

• Lol alright so...speaking in a server strictly for ateez fans....it appears that THIS IS a well known GLOBAL event that cover groups all over the world participate in. Israel's posting is for those competing to represent Israel, and it's possible that Ateez may just have a guest appearance for the event itself and that israel possibly worded their flyer as if ateez was there to support them, instead of the overall event. Because of this confusion everyone is hoping KQ comes out with a statement to clarify this. Because if they are appearing in the event itself why isn't any other place posting about it? So to verify whether or not they are being used for "clout" that is the purpose of the mass emailing. I hope this clarifies things.

• Lol alright so...speaking in a server strictly for ateez fans....it appears that THIS IS a well known GLOBAL event that cover groups all over the world participate in, israel's posting is for those competing to represent Israel, and it's possible that Ateez may just have a guest appearance for the event itself and that israel possibly worded their flyer as if ateez was there to support them, instead of the overall event, because of this confusion everyone is hoping KQ comes out with a statement to clarify this. Because if they are appearing in the event itself why isn't any other place posting about it? So to verify whether or not they are being used for "clout" that is the purpose of the mass emailing. I hope this clarifies things.

If this is true then they're done really dirty but KQ needs to speak up, nothing will be 100% clear if they don't release a proper statement.

• If this is true then they're done really dirty but KQ needs to speak up, nothing will be 100% clear if they don't release a proper statement.

I'm sure they will. They probably need time to sort things out. Legit my TL was spammed of people freaking out all day like I can't imagine what they said and KQ probably has thousands of things to sort through and figure out what's going on. I think people just need to be a bit more patient. We know as atiny's that KQ is an amazing company, I have faith they WILL release a statement it just may take some time.

• I'm sure they will they probably need time to sort things out. Legit my TL was spammed of people freaking out all day like I can't imagine what they said and KQ probably has thousands of things to sort through and figure out what's going on. I think people just need to be a bit more patient.

Since it's putting Ateez in a bad light, I understand the impatience of Atinys. It'd be best to clear stuffs like these fast bcoz they sure won't want a negative publicity like this.

• This thread contains 52 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!