Ravi Getting blacklash for " Sexualizing" Red velvet

• Ravi recently release a song with Jamie called Red velvet where he said that he's talking about the red velvet cake

but People are mad because they think that the song is sexualizing Red velvet members , in the song you can find lyrics like " I take a bite out of a red velvet"

but what make people even more mad is that he said that the song was about the red velvet cake but used Red velvet title song in his lyrics like "DUmb dumb" , "russian roulette"

he also use the name of Joy and Yeri

Joy real name is Sooyoung which means swimming in korean

And Yeri means sharp

and both words Swimming and sharp appear in the lyrics of his song

but it's not the end, when He saw that he was receiving blacklash he answer to someone " that he doesn't even know Red velvet"

but Fans didn't buy his lies and brings out proof of him talking about red velvet, dancing to red velvet, and the fact that he even collaborated with Yeri few months ago

and people also notice that after he receive Blacklash he decided to unfollow Yeri on instagram

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so what's your opinion on the situation ??

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Lol I think he thought he was clever but it back fired haha. He was prolly talking about the cake but he thought he was being witty by including RV lyrics and making it a pun but ppl in Korea are too sensitive that this turned out to be a “he’s sexualizing them” thing.

If I was a kpop idol I wouldn’t try to do things like this knowing how sensitive people are. Dumb af move.

• Lol I think he thought he was clever but it back fired haha. He was prolly talking about the cake but he thought he was being witty by including RV lyrics and make it a pun but ppl in Korea are too sensitive that this turned out to be a “he’s sexualizing them” thing.

If I was a kpop idols I wouldn’t try to do things like things knowing how sensitive people are. Dumb af move.

i think he clearly know what he was doing

why would he use red velvet name and then say he don't know them

to few minutes after go to unfollow Yeri on his instagram

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Well, he fucked up. Is he the songwriter? I feel like the more he acts about it, the worse it gets. First, the mention of RV can be distasteful but it wasn't that bad or sexual from the lyrics mentioned. Lying about not knowing them was stupid but I guess if he wasn't the songwriter he might have not noticed the girls' real names play of words. It's a mistake. I hope he apologizes to RV and I hope RV members aren't hurt by it.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku ().

• he had a whole song with yeri

yeah he had a whole song with yeri, followed her on instagram

he appear in Get it beauty with Joy

Said in radio show that he like Bad dracula of Red velvet

and i'm sorry but you're in the music industry , and you are saying that you don't know Red velvet, one of the TOP 3 GG, when the entire nation know them it's a big lie -_-

• External Content twitter.com

Man, it‘s weird but he definitely made it worse by saying “i don’t know her“. It still could be that he used the lyrics as puns and it backfired or he is a creep

• Best excuse ever what I don't know Red Velvet that's the best thing he can come up with :|:|:|

lmaooo he really tried :pepe-clown-gear: not at him saying he doesnt know rv when hes the nugu here :pepe-clown-gear:

the funniest thing here

is him unfollowing Yeri on instagram after being call out x)))

• He clearly knows Red Velvet exists their debut is just 2 years gap. He always on a variety shows with SM's artists. He obviously knows what he doing, but I can't judge his intention for that lyrics. He should know better that Korean public always make a mess to an idol no matter what the problem is.

• why no one thought that he could date one of members in the past and he decided to diss a bit here or there?

also I'm kind of sad that both Knetz and ifans are so into the "pop" part of culture that they don't realize that guy is a rapper, and he has his own company so he basically can rap, sing and do whatever he wants...

also if he would be that bad, nugu, or not relevant female artists here wouldn't react to his performance like that...

External Content www.youtube.com

• Sure he is a rapper and they can sing and rap about whatever they wanted. As long it don't going to far. But my problem is that he don't stand up for it and suddenly come up with excuse's like......I don't know Red Velvet. When he was following on of the member on Instagram. :|:|:|

• the lyrics weren't translate yet, so i used good trad

Code
    I TAKE A BITE OUT OF A RED VELVET
    I can't take it anymore, stop testing me
    I TAKE A BITE OUT OF A RED VELVET
    CAUSE I KNOW YOU LOVE ME
    Can you cut it bigger and ask? DRIP! It's dangerous, press it deeply
    FLIP BABE turn around and turn your back on me BABE
    You can't leave me and you in an enclosed space
    I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO
    round and round eventually

• Official Post

I would have taken the "I don't know them" to be sarcasm since the lyrics obviously have reference to them and he did a whole ass song with Yeri.

Kinda confusing tbh

• Well, he fucked up. Is he the songwriter? I feel like the more he acts about it, the worse it gets. First, the mention of RV can be distasteful but it wasn't that bad or sexual from the lyrics mentioned. Lying about not knowing them was stupid but I guess if he wasn't the songwriter he might have not noticed the girls' real names play of words. It's a mistake. I hope he apologizes to RV and I hope RV members aren't hurt by it.

it is

Ravi usually take part in the lyrics and composition of all his solo work

plus he's the CEO of his own agency

• Even if he dated one of them, how does it make it better lol If anything, him saying he doesn't know them now makes it even more pathetic....

How can you hype nugu GGs all day and then defend a musty tryhard when he gets weird just because it's a SM group we're talking about lol

Sure he is a rapper and they can sing and rap about whatever they wanted. As long it don't going to far. But my problem is that he don't stand up for it and suddenly come up with excuse's like......I don't know Red Velvet. When he was following on of the member on Instagram. :|:|:|

Ah you get it wrong

you know how people couldn't get over breakup, or some past between them? or maybe the truth is they don't know each other they could just happen to work together with this project song.

don't defend just saying this is typical twitter stan going crazy over every little thing.

And knowing what will happen next will be people demanding him to write an apology letter or whatever...

that's just crazy.

• People calling him a creep is taking it a bit far...

He was stupid to pull the "i don't know them" card and also unfollowing Yeri.

That's just ridiculous

• Damn, kind of disappointed, actually liked him because he seemed to be a gentleman. I mean, I don't know the exact meaning of the lyrics, but they don't seem sexual or objectifying to me. I don't think he was sexualizing RV, but he definitely incorporated references to them. So far (unless someone points out which lyrics are problematic) I don't see anything wrong with them. However, his move was so stupid. He doesn't know RV? C'mon Ravi, you know that's stupid...

• If he's got the hots for Joy and Yeri then hes got taste.

External Content youtu.be

Kinda confusing tbh

This makes more sense but why he had to unfollow Yeri :pepefacepalm:

lt64IYu.gif

• the difference is that rapper don't usually mention artist so explicitely without them giving them the rights to use their name

they make reference to them

but him mentionning directly red velvet, and then using their lyrics to be sure he's talking about them

there's no excuse to him for being a rapper or not

so because ravi write, sing and do whatever he wants it's Ok for him to make suggestive lyrics about girls who never ask for this

since when it's OK to let people sexualize other people without their autorisation ? -_-

• This thread contains 71 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!