So Hanbin signed with Yuehua?

• VVisual What you think of this news? Isn't it funny that the first vietnamese Kpop idol most likely will debut through a chinese company than a korean? China saves the day!

From bad to good news. I was afraid he would struggle to find a new agency after he left Belift, but that he signed with a mid-size company like YH is more than good news for me! :borahae:

• VVisual What you think of this news? Isn't it funny that the first vietnamese Kpop idol most likely will debut through a chinese company than a korean? China saves the day!

From bad to good news. I was afraid he would struggle to find a new agency after he left Belift, but that he signed with a mid-size company like YH is more than good news for me! :borahae:

Well, not China but Yuehua Korea since this is their division in KPOP not their main CPOP core in China.

I hope they debut him in a group with Koreans like UNIQ or Everglow.

Very good news!

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• why did he leave Belift though? He is very popular..

I think for the same reason why popular trainees like Yiyang and Lami left SM, they felt that the company (even big ones like BH and SM) is not capitalizing on that short window of popularity that each idol has and hope that a newer even smaller company will use them.

I think Yuehua, after gaining someone who is still popular, will give him a chance with a group.

• Some thoughts:

INTO1 with so many Japanese and Thai members is a massive sensation in China and has hit IFans unlike any other CPOP group before (Twitter is still posting over 100 tweets every hour on the group a month after the finale.) This must affect Yuehua thinking -- like every other Chinese agency.

Yuehua has already created Everglow a band that had gotten huge attention from IFans but a lukewarm Korean reception. (In terms of YT views, EG's top songs are on par with Red Velvet's -- very unsual for a non-Big 3. ) So they are not afraid of going after IFans exclusively.

Hanbin biggest supporters are his IFans. It was shocking how someone who was FOURTH in the voting can actually be left off the debuting squad on I-Land.

So those things make it likely that Yuehua would go for an international band with Hanbin and Chinese members and because it is Yuehua Korea, they will have Koreans.

• I support your theory. I think that's what YH is aiming for, a global Kpop group in the same vein as Everglow/INTO1. This group though will probably have majority koreans with Hanbin and 1-2 other foreign members(chinese). Frankly, this is one of the best option for Hanbin if you ask me. YH is a lot better than going to some shady nugu agencies.

Many vietnamese Kpop fans and Hannies as well didn't take this news good and it seems to be a mixed reaction. It's because of the political and historical dispute between China and Vietnam. But I'm definately sure when he and the group debut on MCountdown, people will move on. I remember when I-Land announced Hanbin as one of the contestant and there were some vietnamese Ikonics bashing him for using the name Hanbin. How quickly they let go of that and started to support him when he showed his skills and good personality on the show. Same thing will definately repeat itself!

• I support your theory. I think that's what YH is aiming for, a global Kpop group in the same vein as Everglow/INTO1. This group though will probably have majority koreans with Hanbin and 1-2 other foreign members(chinese). Frankly, this is one of the best option for Hanbin if you ask me. YH is a lot better than going to some shady nugu agencies.

Many vietnamese Kpop fans and Hannies as well didn't take this news good and it seems to be a mixed reaction. It's because of the political and historical dispute between China and Vietnam. But I'm definately sure when he and the group debut on MCountdown, people will move on. I remember when I-Land announced Hanbin as one of the contestant and there were some vietnamese Ikonics bashing him for using the name Hanbin. How quickly they let go of that and started to support him when he showed his skills and good personality on the show. Same thing will definately repeat itself!

I see some pretty happy Viet KPOP fans and Hannies too judging by tweets. It is different than if he were going into a CPOP group. That might create more political issues.

For KPOP, Yuehua is a solid mid-tier label that I think most Vietnamese fans who are knowledgeable would be happy with. Imagine Hanbin in a group whose MVs get 100M to 200M views and who get covered all the time like Everglow. You would have to be very biased not to be happy at the possibilities for Hanbin.

YH is a mid-sized label in KPOP but it is a mid-sized label with Big 3 type resources. Look at the MVs they put out for EG.

• I see some pretty happy Viet KPOP fans and Hannies too judging by tweets. It is different than if he were going into a CPOP group. That might create more political issues.

For KPOP, Yuehua is a solid mid-tier label that I think most Vietnamese fans who are knowledgeable would be happy with. Imagine Hanbin in a group whose MVs get 100M to 200M views and who get covered all the time like Everglow. You would have to be very biased not to be happy at the possibilities for Hanbin.

YH is a mid-sized label in KPOP but it is a mid-sized label with Big 3 type resources. Look at the MVs they put out for EG.

I think it speaks volume, at least to me, that a chinese company in origin with their korean division is willing to give a vietnamese a chance to debut most likely in Kpop. Despite Vietnam and China's past, the two countries are very similar in culture and customs. I think both peope knows that's the truth, but because of stupid politics they cannot bond together. I like that the chinese entertainment industry has tried to reached out to vietnamese joining Cpop(Chuang 2022 invitations). Now that they managed to get a hold of Hanbin, I cannot hide my excitment what comes next!

And yeah you're right, the reception was better than I thought on twitter at least. It's just I read on some vietnamese Kpop sites, the reactions there was mixed to negative. But like I said, when the next YH group debuts on Mcountdown with Hanbin in it, everything in the past will be forgotten and viet Kpop fans will come in massive in the comment sections.

• I think it speaks volume, at least to me, that a chinese company in origin with their korean division is willing to give a vietnamese a chance to debut most likely in Kpop. Despite Vietnam and China's past, the two countries are very similar in culture and customs. I think both peope knows that's the truth, but because of stupid politics they cannot bond together. I like that the chinese entertainment industry has tried to reached out to vietnamese joining Cpop(Chuang 2022 invitations). Now that they managed to get a hold of Hanbin, I cannot hide my excitment what comes next!

And yeah you're right, the reception was better than I thought on twitter at least. It's just I read on some vietnamese Kpop sites, the reactions there was mixed to negative. But like I said, when the next YH group debuts on Mcountdown with Hanbin in it, everything in the past will be forgotten and viet Kpop fans will come in massive in the comment sections.

There were quite a few Vietnamese songs and music videos that went viral in Chinese SM so I always knew they were into Vietnamese tastes!

If you look at the number of Viet YT channels reposting Douyin (Chinese Tik Tok), subbing CPOP songs and CDramas and supporting Chuang and other Chinese produce shows, you can see this goes both ways.

I always found it confounding that there are so many Thais in their music and entertainment but almost no Vietnamese since the 1990s. Without politics, there would obviously be more.

• I'm not really surprised with hanbin leaving hybe tbh. Enhypen just debuted and he's not part of the jpop group lineup. The possibility of a new male hybe group debuting seems unlikely and he is already past the average debuting age. He can't wait for long. I'm actually more surprised at Kyungmin leaving because he's already announced as part of the debut lineup but then, he probably doesn't want to debut as jpop but as kpop.

Boredom brought me here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!