Is blackpink losing or gaining fans?

• The big question on my mind everytime they go on like a 1 year hiatus and there's like no content at all. I don't even remember the last time they did an ot4 live. ;(

• Official Post

I think gaining. 2020 was a huge year of growth for kpop. There are still new people discovering it every day and given how popular HYLT is on TikTok, I imaging they are gaining new fans.

• I’m not a blink but BP have too much of a fan base for them to desert the group. Just saying there’s more groups out there now. I used to be a Blink and know that they’re a loyal lot. They won’t lose fans.

wait are you or you aren't a blink? Im confused lol but based on your badges it seems you are more of a SM stan so it's natural you gravitate towards another sm group

• wait are you or you aren't a blink? Im confused lol but based on your badges it seems you are more of a SM stan so it's natural you gravitate towards another sm group

Not necessarily, I have also liked 2NE1 and I like BTS. I was a fan of BP when they first debuted but have only just started getting into Aespa. I’m mainly a casual listener these days but don’t mind listening to groups of any company, it’s just a coincidence that most of my biases are with SM.

• Not necessarily, I have also liked 2NE1 and I like BTS. I was a fan of BP when they first debuted but have only just started getting into Aespa. I’m mainly a casual listener these days but don’t mind listening to groups of any company, it’s just a coincidence that most of my biases are with SM.

I guess so

• I guess so

I’m not speaking about other fans, I was referring that I was a fan of both. I got into BP after 2NE1 disbanded and they helped restore my faith in gg again. The only thing I’m saying here is that fans will not leave BP regardless of who is on the scene. Blinks are usually hardcore stans and not releasing a song for a while isn’t going to perturb them too much, they’ll wait.

• Gaining, definitely.

Kpop is growing world-wide in general, and BP is one of the most popular acts, of course they are getting more fans.

BUT they could be gaining more. I think The Album release was a period of INSANE growth for Blinks, which makes complete sense.

• They’ve still got a strong fan base but they might face competition with new groups like Aespa.

Even after almost 1 year hylt still charting on youtube chart without ads... Aespa in second week charted with only 11.9 m views( on 3rd week they aren't gonna chart) same for itzy also

on first day BP bsides got double or triple streams more on spotify than aespa or itzy title track.

On instagram... Bp member would get 60-70k followers on daily basis...wheras other group has to comback to cross 20k.

• Even after almost 1 year hylt still charting on youtube chart without ads... Aespa in second week charted with only 11.9 m views( on 3rd week they aren't gonna chart) same for itzy also

on first day BP bsides got double or triple streams more on spotify than aespa or itzy title track.

On instagram... Bp member would get 60-70k followers on daily basis...wheras other group has to comback to cross 20k.

As I’ve said in previous posts, I know Blinks weren’t leave BP for Aespa or any other group. I’m just pointing out that Aespa are a strong group and it’s good there are newer groups around now. It opens up the competition which I think is healthy. I’m not suggesting Blinks go and up sticks to Aespa just because they’re doing well. As an ex Blink myself, they’re a loyal lot and will wait till their next song comes out.

• Of course, they do. Whenever they go on "hiatus" it's not a hiatus in full meaning of this term when they do nothing, while "hiatus" members continue to do their solo stuff, so of course they keep on getting fans.

• As I’ve said in previous posts, I know Blinks weren’t leave BP for Aespa or any other group. I’m just pointing out that Aespa are a strong group and it’s good there are newer groups around now. It opens up the competition which I think is healthy. I’m not suggesting Blinks go and up sticks to Aespa just because they’re doing well. As an ex Blink myself, they’re a loyal lot and will wait till their next song comes out.

no offense but you shouldn't have mentioned aespa since they had nothing to do with the question and blinks wouldn't leave the fandom for aespa lol you said in your earlier post that you weren't a blink but a casual fan and you happen to be more of a sm stan

• you shouldn't have mentioned aespa since they had nothing to do with the question and blinks wouldn't leave the fandom for aespa lol you said in your earlier post that you weren't a blink but a casual fan

I only mentioned Aespa as in referring to the the competition Blackpink might face. Could you get off my case about it thanks? I also said that they wouldn’t lose their fans.

• I felt like Rose comeback didnt do as well as i thought so i dont know

Peaking at #3 in Melon only blocked by IU and Brave Girls and staying in Top 10 Melon for a month didn't do well for you? Even Gone as bside entered Top 10 Melon and became one of the most liked bside in Melon. If she wasn't facing IU and Brave Girls, she would most likely reached #1. For an English song, On The Ground did great. How many English songs reached that high charting besides Dynamite? Ice Cream didn't even reached Top 5. And at the moment, On The Ground is still hanging on at Top 25 in Melon.

It was not as big as Solo but it still broke records from sales to international charting(#1 in Billboard Global Excl. US & Billboard Global 200 and #70 in Billboard Hot 100 despite the lack of promotions). It even garnered 1.6M digital sales in China making it the best selling song by a single artist. It won 6 music award shows. With all those accomplishments, you still dare say Rosé's solo didn't do well? Her solo was one of the successful solos this year.

• From Aespa and other groups. Please get off my case about it. Shouldn’t have answered the question,

I just think for there to actually be a competition or even be in contention to compete, they have to be at least on the same level.

The reason why i think people are on your case is cuz nobody didn't see the need to bring other groups into it, except for you.

Its as simple as that.

• No doubt BP is gaining more fans. They might lost some fans but they are gaining double the fans they are losing. Streams, sales, views, subscribers and etc are still increasing.

• I thought it would do as well as a BP song especially on hot 100 it did well but felt like it wasnt at the peak of what she could do and yes it wasnt as big as solo.

It did great. It could have done greater if she released a Korean song which until now frustrates me because she would have most likely reached #1 if she did release a Korean song. But even with two English songs, she still charted #3 and stayed there for a month. Just the thought that two English songs charted at Top 5 in Melon, became two of the most liked songs in Melon and broke records even with the lack of promotions is a proof of its success. And If YG just took advantage of OTG's potential internationally especially in the West, it could have done better. But bottomline is, Rosé's solo debut did extremely well. After IU, she's the most successful soloist this year.

• Gaining, definitely.

Kpop is growing world-wide in general, and BP is one of the most popular acts, of course they are getting more fans.

BUT they could be gaining more. I think The Album release was a period of INSANE growth for Blinks, which makes complete sense.

Yep thats the case with YG groups BP and treasure could be doing even better if YG was good at their job.

Treasure should be doing well in JP but not really.

• i know the joke is that there's only 12 k-blinks but for some reason I feel like HYLT converted a lot of the korean gp in blackpink fans. KTL era was really rough for BP's sentiment in korea, but I feel like HYLT and LSG era really turned that around

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• I only mentioned Aespa as in referring to the the competition Blackpink might face. Could you get off my case about it thanks? I also said that they wouldn’t lose their fans.

Sorry but seapa Hardly gains subscribers on YouTube. Idk what happened. But they only gained about 150k subscribers so far since their teasers. Which is quite disappointed

• I felt like Rose comeback didnt do as well as i thought so i dont know

honestly in my opinion (i love rosie) i think that's not because of BP losing popularity but because the song was kinda underwhelming :/

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• This thread contains 39 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!