What has Aespa done that warrants this much popularity?

• I hope that they run with this and give us a full-blown concept album for their first full-length. I think that would be so cool and different for kpop. SM better not drop the ball with this one.

Since aespa is at the core of the SMCU so far and SM seems like they don't mind spending a lot on their GG this time, I'm secretly hoping for a visual album, that would be so interesting and give more opportunities to deepen the lore

• So damn true. Every comment section on YT is a crazed akgaefest. I never see comments about the group as a whole, it's always singling out one member.

Same with Itzy for that matter, it's nuts. And dont even get me started on Everglow, and how "Forevers" spent all of 2020 bashing the shit out of THE LITERAL ACE of the group, Mia. :mads:

What is going on? Is it only GG that have to suffer through this?

haha.. I've noticed that recently as well. It's a little crazy. It's like steaming fancams is a massive competition just to prove their point that so and so is more popular than other members or having the most comments about an individual member... like really? I'm a fan of all those gg, but I never cared about fancams at all.

I've even heard of ppl hacking into ppl's accounts on voting platforms just to steal their vote tickets and use it for others... I hope these kids know there's more in life than just kpop.

• Of course being from SM created a lot of hype for them pre-debut and at debut, and so did their concept and the confusion it brought with it in the beginning. But then the girls delivered, all 4 of them are skilled and gorgeous and charming

They also delivered high quality content (Black Mamba, Next Level's teasers) which kept their initial hype going.

And then, SMCU EP1 happened, finally shedding light on their previously confusing concept and winning hordes of new fans and casual followers over. The 180° change in perception was almost tangible after SM dropped that video.

Company's brand can take you only too far. It's up to the group, the members, the music, concept and performances to make the curious onlookers stick around and turn into fans. Aespa achieved exactly that.

• Their rise to popularity reminds me of when BP debuted. People talked about them a long time before their debut, it was so anticipated (talking about BP). Same thing happened with aespa, although not as much before they debuted as with BP.

• Their rise to popularity reminds me of when BP debuted. People talked about them a long time before their debut, it was so anticipated (talking about BP). Same thing happened with aespa, although not as much before they debuted as with BP.

Did SM stans really believe their group popularity is real.

• For me, I am a kpop fan for 14 years and like most kpop groups but never stanned a rookie EVER. Not SNSD (maybe snsd in the end of their second year), not fx not NCT Not Exo Not RV. I disliked/didn’t pay attention to all of them at their first year or two. Aespa is the only rookie that I ever stanned from the beginning and the reasons go:

1- why I checked them out in the first place was because the amount of hate they were getting when they still haven’t debuted. A lot of big 3 groups get immediate hate but Aespa took it to another level.

Everyone who is salty about big3 and keeps commenting here mentions that they have an initial fandom because of the company. But no one mentioned how much haters they have as well even before debut.

Congrats to your small company group for succeeding without the big company push but they also had a lot of things that wouldn’t slide easily without hate if they were big 3 (especially SM these days. The big villain apparently).

2- just because I checked them didn’t mean I would stan. I was okay about the girls and even said I didn’t like this and that during their introduction teasers so I didn’t expect to be a fan. What changed is I heard all of them sing predebut and I was blown away by the potentials of their voices. The difference in tones and the fact they all seemed capable. For a group to have four vocalists is rare. Ngl for also not lacking in the beauty standards department or dance. That alone made me anticipate more from this well rounded group.

3- then comes their concept which is a stan attractor on itself. From the start, I felt the idea had a lot of potentials for animes/webtoons/dramas/video games etc but didn’t know how SM is gonna do it. It was only wishful thinking and a bit far fetched. Then SM dropped SMCU ep 1 and now I have a new interest in kpop (it’s beyond kpop but idk what to call it).

4- the girls are really likable. Even from the little content we got, they got me hooked.

Before Aespa, I was attracted to other new ggs aside from my favs and checked one by one (six in total). I thought I was serious about stanning them. Each time I start to follow a group’s content, I end up forgetting them in a week. Aespa felt different. I am anticipating their every move like a new kpop fan and doing things I never thought I would do (check charts :pepe-peek: )

Also to those who repeat “they have ads” like parrots. OP didn’t talk about the MV views only but their other content like dance choom/interviews etc.

Their fan content alone has many moments that went viral. That had nothing to do with ads so spare us your obvious attempt of downplaying.

• Well, they’ve come out with some good songs for a start particularly Next Level. They seem to have everything a girl group should have. I think they’re good vocalists for girls so young (they’re the same age as my daughter). They are pretty and for a fan who’s never really been into girl groups, they are the goods. They also open up the competition which I feel is needed in the current climate.

• Well, they’ve come out with some good songs for a start particularly Next Level. They seem to have everything a girl group should have. I think they’re good vocalists for girls so young (they’re the same age as my daughter). They are pretty and for a fan who’s never really been into girl groups, they are the goods. They also open up the competition which I feel is needed in the current climate.

I see it the same way. Not really into girl groups just 1 or 2 in a group but Im invested in the whole aespa group. They are talented and I love the music they have released so far and the direction the concepts are going. I think SM struck gold with all of them 8)

• Do people know ads and big 3 privilege only do so much lol, ads are literally only in aespa MVs that's it all their other content whether it's posted on their aespa channel or not gets millions of views and goes semi viral their charting also helps back this up

big3 privilege is a thing but it is not the reason for their success people actually like them and their songs are catchy , and the concept (whether people admit it or not) is new and never done before

besides y'all called them flops literally months ago during forever and black mamba era now they're doing good it's big3 magic??? How about its just good marketing and people actually liking aespa lol

FYI the girls are all rounders and very likeable funny personalities and moments

Edited 2 times, last by reiusagi: Rip my spelling ().

• :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

How are some trolls still obsessed with ads in here

Their contents always trending especially in SK

even short fanmade edits got hundred thousand of views in an instant

I think because aespa has what all if takes to interest many people:

Unique lore, funny personality (this is important), all rounder (no talentless person to slander), visual & good ratio, stage presence especially the center(based on the comment), and the songs that fits many people taste , etc.

Not all because of SM like some said in here, since SM GG not that good at streaming so its the combination of all the above

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!