Olivia Rodrigo reminds me of Avril Lavigne

• I see so much hate for her in this forum for unnecessary reasons, saying she's a plant or people are just token stanning her blah blah

But tbh her music is much more refreshing than the boring ass music on the charts. I never really listened to Western music that much in the recent years so I'll be honest, the way I find out what is the more popular songs, is by looking up the year end charts on what are the top 100 songs on the year end charts and what do I hear? MONEY BOOBS ASS DRUGS BITCH ASS FK FK DICK (I'm not even kidding)

Then comes Olivia. I actually didn't know about her until people started bashing her on this forum and this intruged me into listening to her music, and it gives me a bit of Avril Lavigne pop rock vibes and I'm kinda loving it? She even the song just like Avril Lavigne did

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pop rock needs to make a real revival, not all these dumbass songs shaking their ass and boobs all the way to top 20 of the charts

• Never ever heard about her either before her name came up in this forum some week ago, but listen to three of her songs now. They are pretty good, even if sometimes a bit slow and odd at some parts. Sounds like the typical "angry girl" pop with rock inputs, like Avril Lavinge (that was long time ago)....) and Kesha.

• Olivia deserves neither the hate she's been getting nor being used in an attempt to bring even more hated artists down.

I'm not a fan and didn't know about her until people began to use her to rile up army, but I quite like her music.

• She kind reminds me of a poppier Le Butcherettes

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Good 4 u remind me more Olivia o'brien latest work

is it a coincidence if their name is both Olivia ? i don't think so

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• i honestly don't really like her song-writing. the motives themselves are fine though (romance is always better than whatever it is that rappers talk about). i also really like her versatality.

not my favorite artist but i'll definetely keep an eye on her :pepe-toilet:

out of service

• she is very refreshing, no wonder she is killing in the charts.

External Content twitter.com

She reminds me of Hayley William and taylor Swift style wise, but she is more unapologetic and shows vulnerability in her song writing imo maybe it's bc she is young.

What I like about her is her intensity and raw emotions something we have been missing in an artist for a while.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!