White People Are Actually a Branch off the East Asian Tree?!

• Genetically, East Asians branched off from Africans and the Europeans branched off from East Asians.

In laymen terms, if you're Korean, Chinese or Japanese -- Africans are your moms, Europeans are your daughters.

https://academic.oup.com/gbe/article/6/3/466/576141

To study the male and female lineages of East Asian and European humans, we have sequenced 25 short tandem repeat markers on 453 Y-chromosomes and collected sequences of 72 complete mitochondrial genomes to construct independent phylogenetic trees for male and female lineages. The results indicate that East Asian individuals fall into two clades, one that includes East Asian individuals only and a second that contains East Asian and European individuals. Surprisingly, the European individuals did not form an independent clade, but branched within in the East Asians. We then estimated the divergence time of the root of the European clade as ∼41,000 years ago. These data indicate that, contrary to traditional views, Europeans diverged from East Asians around that time.

8785873A-5E29-4450-8FCB-3E557CF61B6C.png

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Heard of the term Eurasian before? I have to read and find out what is the distinction between "Type 1" and "Type 2" East Asians. If Desi Indians fall under Type 2, that would make practical sense.

• It's really interesting. This puts a bit of the Korean/KPOP standard in perspective when the fair skin gene is passed on from East Asians to Europeans in the first place. lol

• Heard of the term Eurasian before? I have to read and find out what is the distinction between "Type 1" and "Type 2" East Asians. If Desi Indians fall under Type 2, that would make practical sense.

Type 1 East Asians are those East Asians with genetic markers that are found only in East Asians and not Europeans.

Type 2 East Asians are those East Asians with genetic markers that are found in Europeans too.

Type 1 and Type 2 East Asians share genetic markers together so they form a clade.

There are no Europeans with genetic markers that are not present within the East Asian clade so they cannot form a clade of their own and that is why they are actually a branch off the East Asian one.

Desi Indians would be South Asia so they would not be in this study. Southeast Asians are also not here.

• They are missing an "earlier chapter" of the story by excluding South Asians from the scope.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!