Are J-Idols coming back to reclaim their international fame from K-Pop?

• STU48 of the 48-group recently released a new single 「独り言で語るくらいなら」with significantly upgraded sound and artistry. One that can easily hold their own against many Korean idol releases.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What do you think? Are we entering J-pop's international fame revival era? :pepe-hype: :pepe-hype: :pepe-hype:

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

niziu will rule all

• External Content www.youtube.com

niziu will rule all

NiziU's produced by a Korean agency, so I don't really know how to categorise them tbh

Are they J-Pop? K-Pop? Lines are blurred with this group lmao

• I doubt. Although j rock has more potential

j rock as in

something like UVERworld?

or something like SEKAI NO OWARI?

• Hmm both. Though I rarely listen to uver world apart from their anime tracks

• As long as they dgaf about the foreign market, no. I can't even read the song title. And I say this as a J-Rock listener. It's a pain in the butt to find the songs when they are written in Japanese. K-pop is so much easier because they translate their titles to English.

• No i don't want Jpop to go international and lose the element that makes it Jpop it already happened to Kpop so let's do that for Japanese music, besides Jpop is uniq on it own

if their "going international" direction is like the one I showed of STU48, i think they're still keeping the j-pop sound but toned down on the high-pitched idol sound

• on the jpop-kpop debate where I live more people know of groups like Perfume and Babymetal still above kpop idols rn, sure there's a dedicated fandom for idols but maybe the "oddness" of certain Japanese groups makes them stand out better.

• Don't think so. :/

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!