Should Aespa have been a boy group?

• Should it have been a boygroup to become the face of the SMCU? Boygroups have stronger fandom; and fandoms also enjoy storylines and elaborate concepts more which they can discuss and theorize about. Considering the cost of the project of Aespa not just mvs; but the episodes they are producing and the future plans they might have; it makes more sense to have a boygroup represent it who will also earn enough to recover the costs.

Aespa might have more public recognition but does it matter for the SMCU concept to be known to the public? Gp is never going to bother figure out their universe.

• i feel this gg gonna be huge in couple of years

They have stylist image and music for overseas fd

Visuals

And talented

I really see them selling millions. I just get the vibe

• I think that’s exactly why they gave it to a GG instead of a BG. BGs create fandoms no matter what. They live and girls will flock to them. GGs on the other hand, have a harder time building a fandom and sometimes have to rely on fickle GP tastes.

But, what if you actually gave a GG a very unique concept that is interesting enough to build a fandom. And making it a universe will also bring fans from other sm groups.

I think this shows more of an effort on SMs part to market their GGs, something BGs don’t need as much of (tho SM’s BGs have always had innovative ideas, so it’s cool to see something interesting for their GG)

• Official Post

SM has already done boy groups with high concepts.

• I think that’s exactly why they gave it to a GG instead of a BG. BGs create fandoms no matter what. They live and girls will flock to them. GGs on the other hand, have a harder time building a fandom and sometimes have to rely on fickle GP tastes.

But, what if you actually gave a GG a very unique concept that is interesting enough to build a fandom. And making it a universe will also bring fans from other sm groups.

I think this shows more of an effort on SMs part to market their GGs, something BGs don’t need as much of (tho SM’s BGs have always had innovative ideas, so it’s cool to see something interesting for their GG)

And a big bonus for SM is if a GG can achieve the ultimate goal: Sell albums like a top BG and sell digitals like a GG. This would be the best of both worlds.

Twice, BP, and perhaps Izone are the only girl groups to have done that since SNSD maybe?

• Well nobody thought the public would be into Aespa because of their AI and storyline but their first SMCU episode was a massive hit and it turned a lot of those people that doubted them into fans.

I mean just look at how well Next Level is doing with the Korean public. Nobody ever thought they’d be the 4th Gen Girl Group to chart the highest but here we are. SM is clearly doing something right here.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Like any business, it’s about having a diversity of options in the marketplace, which includes different types of groups.

At the end of the day the music is going to be what sells the group, as well as performance.

The universe is fundamentally just a marketing hook, like most interconnected universes, or what you’d call in marketing a “point of difference” to make that group different from other groups. Whether anyone understands it is a moot point, the very fact that you are talking about it when it’s not a group you even follow or supports shows it is doing its job to create buzz and interest. The fact that the fans are also chatting about it and increasing the social chatter is also a component, like the buzz happening around EXO’s universe.

That’s how marketing works.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!