do you care how many composers have in a k-pop song?

• this is a common agenda for American pop fans, generally artists like Ariana Grande are criticized for having shallow lyrics with 10 composers in a song

to be honest I don’t care much, but it’s very strange that a song has the work of a lot of people and doesn’t deliver something of quality

:whatr:

• Do people think that if an artist as a smaller amount that they're indie or something or that the song is somehow low quality?

no, people usually demote when there are a lot of composers in a song

generally question the quality of songs that have many people in their creative process, this is usually used against Ariana Grande, for example

• Official Post

I honestly don't care. I also don't typically care about the depth of the lyrics of a pop or a dance song. If they're deep that's great. If they're not, that's fine too.

Having less writers doesn't make something meaningful. Neither does having the singer involved in the writing. Sometimes songs just aren't that deep.

• I don’t think it should take ten people to write a song good or bad.

7 Rings by Ariana Grande has more than 10 composers, when the song was successful, its quality was questioned due to the number of people involved in the creative process of a theoretically superfluous song

• 7 Rings by Ariana Grande has more than 10 composers, when the song was successful, its quality was questioned due to the number of people involved in the creative process of a theoretically superfluous song

I’ve heard some mainstream songs that were only written by a couple of songwriters in the group and it turned out to be a hit, and others where the whole group were involved and it was a flop so six of one and half a dozen of the other really.

• It’s better to have all the people involved in the song mentioned than not mentioned. I’ve heard cases about some people not being credited in a song even though they have contributed. That’s worse

Also what about when artists are credited even when they didnt contribute hardly anything? Like can an artist be credited for songwriting because he changed a couple words in a verse?

In general, credits are important for dick measuring contests. For example, i as a Soyeon stan can proudly proclaim how my fave is literally the sole songwriter of all their hit songs, and is solely responsible for writing 3 top 10 Gaon hits and 7 top 20 Gaon hits. :danceb: . Meanwhile i can laugh in your face that your fave had to have 3420439 other people helping with the song.

• It’s better to have all the people involved in the song mentioned than not mentioned. I’ve heard cases about some people not being credited in a song even though they have contributed. That’s worse

i think it is illegal, as well as credit those who did not participate in the song creation

such as the case of the SM composer who credited his wife to receive more royalties

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!