two of the biggest fumbles in kpop history. both fromt he same company

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the year is 2015. lovelyz releases their 2nd cb. it does meh at first but then quickly rises up on melon, hitting a peak for them on the chart after they had already finished promotion. the point part of the dance becomes a mini trend and the song becomes a sleeper hit.

what does woolim do? absolutely nothing. they don't capitalize on lovelyz literally having a hit song and start changing their concept and musical direction when they finally release a follow up. and just like that its over. lovelyz never has another hit song again.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the year is 2012. infinite releases their 2nd biggest hit song. infinite starts to see a lot of international interest and continues to solidify themselves as a group to look out for.

what does woolim do? start to deviate their concept from what people had come to love and expect from them, give them 3 huge misses back to back for title tracks that couldnt follow up their biggest hits, waste a bunch of money filming their mv for destiny internationally just for the mv to come out subpar and not even give them a high return, merge with sm c&c. and just like that infinite declined into oblivion.

seriously one of the stupidest companies! had two groups with so much potential and just...let them flop. its just so sad as someone who stanned both of these groups to think about what could have been if they just had good management. i feel bad for golden child and rocket punch, and drippin for also being stuck in this cycle of bad decisions

who's your favorite artist?

• IDK much about Woolim but they are so stupid for not promoting DRIPPIN. Alex is kinda popular by foreign fans, esepically from Europe since he is German and the other member used to be all in Produce 101 but no, DRIPPIN has like zero MV-views and they released 3 MVs

• IDK much about Woolim but they are so stupid for not promoting DRIPPIN. Alex is kinda popular by foreign fans, esepically from Europe since he is German and the other member used to be all in Produce 101 but no, DRIPPIN has like zero MV-views and they released 3 MVs

Yeah idk nothing but Golden Child have fantastic music and they're way too obscure for the quality of their releases imo.

• It’s true tho lol the chaser made such a splash in the kpop scene and is still revered by many as one of the best kpop songs even now, while man in love completely killed that hype for infinite. I for one definitely did not like man in love at all and infinite kinda lost me with it. I love back and i don’t think destiny was bad, and bad was also not bad lol but yeah huge waste of opportunity.

• It’s true tho lol the chaser made such a splash in the kpop scene and is still revered by many as one of the best kpop songs even now, while man in love completely killed that hype for infinite. I for one definitely did not like man in love at all and infinite kinda lost me with it. I love back and i don’t think destiny was bad, and bad was also not bad lol but yeah huge waste of opportunity.

man in love and destiny happening back o back made me stop stanning infinte. like all interest i had just shriveled up. i think it was so devastating for me because prior to that i love every single title track by them and just suddenly two releases were just terrible to me....

who's your favorite artist?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!