Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Thread - Turin, Italy! - UKRAINE WON

• Official Post

eurovision-2022-italy.jpg

Winner of Eurovision 2021:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: TURIN 2022

Semi-Final 1: 10th May

Semi-Final 2: 12th May

Final: 14th May

Participating Countries

• france might have come second but i'm still proud lol

Didn't like the italian song, doesn't come any close to the quality of soldi last time which I loved

My fav was malta, and at least it was able to remain in the top 10 so congrats

• france might have come second but i'm still proud lol

Didn't like the italian song, doesn't come any close to the quality of soldi last time which I loved

My fav was malta, and at least it was able to remain in the top 10 so congrats

i loved france and top 3 was my top 3 and i would be satisfied with any order. yes, soldi was superior, but i'm happy italy has finally won, they've been sending quality since they reentered the contest. it was long overdue. wasn't a fan of malta, it sounded too generic and the lyrics didn't really suit a 18yo woman, imo ofc.

congrats italy 3048_Pepe_Sword.gif

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

First artist for Eurovision 2022 confirmed!

• Spain pre-selection songs were released!

External Content youtu.be

So far I'm seeing a lot of positive reactions for Terra

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• Spain pre-selection songs were released!

So far I'm seeing a lot of positive reactions for Terra

Galician? :eyes:

• Turin has been announced as the host city

Bulgaria & Albania's songs:

• itiswhatitisss

Changed the title of the thread from “Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Thread - ITALY!” to “Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Thread - Turin, Italy!”.
  • Since we are in a kpop forum I thought it would be interesting to comment that this preselection song from Spain was choreographed by Kyle Hanagami, who has choreographed a lot of Blackpink and SM ent songs, no wonder we were in awe when we saw her choreography

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

• Since we are in a kpop forum I thought it would be interesting to comment that this preselection song from Spain was choreographed by Kyle Hanagami, who has choreographed a lot of Blackpink and SM ent songs, no wonder we were in awe when we saw her choreography

That's some impressive dancing!

We don't usually see this type of elaborate choreo at Eurovision (with the exception of Fuego some years ago maybe). :/

• My country didn't choose a song yet, but oh my God, the songs are so boring.

I wonder if we can manage to get to the Finals this year :facepalm: There's only one song among 40+ for my country that has some chances and I doubt our juries would ever vote for it.

• That's some impressive dancing!

We don't usually see this type of elaborate choreo at Eurovision (with the exception of Fuego some years ago maybe). :/

it was some impressive performance, the musical theater background on her was shown, maybe it was my little kpop stan in it but I liked it a lot, let's see how she does on the finals this saturday :eyes:

• Spain song has just been selected!

This performance was better than in the semi in my opinion, I like that it's different from what we have sent other years, hope they mantain the choreo :claps:

• submissions so far

Italy:

Israel

North Macedonia

Ireland

Czech Republic

Moldova

Spain

Bulgaria

Albania

Honestly none of them sound like winners to me but I LOVE Spain's.

• Also Sweden need to vote for her, literally the best Melfast performance/song since Euphoria

If they submit her Mahmood better hide his wig

• Have you heard the song? What do you think about it? :/ It's very different from Soldi.

I heard it but I don't really like it :cryingr: It's so underwhelming & boring compared to Soldi.

However it seems to be doing well (entered top 10 of Global Spotify) so idk the public seems to like it. It'd be iconic if Italy won 2 times in a row

• I heard it but I don't really like it :cryingr: It's so underwhelming & boring compared to Soldi.

However it seems to be doing well (entered top 10 of Global Spotify) so idk the public seems to like it. It'd be iconic if Italy won 2 times in a row

At first I didn't like it either, but it has grown on me. Still, it doesn't come close to Soldi.

Top 10 on global spotify? :woow: wow

I don't think Italy will win again but it would be epic if they did a double at home soil:pepe-life-support:

• all songs have now been released

Albania: Ronela Hajati - "Sekret"

Armenia: Rosa Linn - "Snap"

Australia: Sheldon Riley - "Not The Same"

Austria: Lumix ft. Pia Maria - "Halo"

Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli - "Fade To Black"

Belgium: Jérémie Makiese - "Miss You"

Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project - "Intention"

Croatia: Mia Dimsic - "Guilty Pleasure"

Cyprus: Andromachi - "Ela"

Czech Republic: We Are Domi - "Lights Off"

Denmark: Reddi - "The Show"

Estonia: Stefan - "Hope"

Finland: The Rasmus - "Jezebel"

France: Alvan & Ahez - "Fulenn"

Georgia: Circus Mircus - "Lock Me In"

Germany: Malik Harris - "Rockstars"

Greece: Amanda Tenfjord - "Die Together"

Iceland: Sigga, Beta and Elin - "Med haekkandi sol"

Ireland: Brooke - "That's Rich"

Israel: Michael Ben David - "I.M"

Italy: Mahmood & Blanco - "Brividi"

Latvia: Citi Zeni - "Eat Your Salad"

Lithuania: Monika Liu - "Sentimentai"

Malta: Emma Muscat - "I Am What I Am"

Moldova: Zdob si Zdub & Fratii Advahov - "Trenuletul"

Montenegro: Vladana - "Breathe"

Netherlands: S10 - "De Diepte"

North Macedonia: Andrea - "Circles"

Norway: Subwoolfer - "Give That Wolf a Banana"

Poland: Ochman - "River"

Portugal: Maro - "Saudade, Saudade"

Romania: WRS - "Llamame"

San Marino: Achille Lauro - "Stripper"

Serbia: Konstrakta - "In Compore Sano"

Slovenia: LPS - "Disko"

Spain: Chanel - "SloMo"

Sweden: Cornelia Jacobs - "Hold Me Closer"

Switzerland: Marius Bear - "Boys Do Cry"

Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra - "Stefania"

United Kingdom: Sam Ryder - "Space Man"

-

Semi Final 1: 10th May

Semi Final 2: 12th May

Final: 14th May

• Are we ready for Eurovision :pep-pj-pink:

It's that time of the year! Rehearsals have started today, I'm ready!

EBU started releasing clips from them but on tiktok, not YouTube :cryingr: don't tell me I'll have to download the app?! Post them on YouTube :cryingr:

• omg I totally forgot eurovision is coming up

yayyy

ODDMOzi.gif

I just found out that maneskin won't be performing live from the arena but from LA :cryingr: they have no respect to the show that made them famous all over the world :cryingr: they knew the date since last year and they couldn't postpone recording or take a break to perform live from arena :cryingr: I'm so pissed off :cryingr:

The gif tho ^^

• This one is a fucking dissapointment !

Everyone in Germany was rooting so hard for Electric Callboy (formerly known as Eskimo Calboy) to go to the ESC for Germany, but of cause they decided that they arn't suitable enough to join the ESC ... a lot people got very dissapointed as it came out that they arn't going.

BTW in case nobody knows them, this is the band I mean:

Despite being a Metalband, they are one of the peoples who dosn't even really manages to take them self serious and thats why people all around Europe and even n other places around the world really like this band. People even from other countries where exited as they heard that they applied to join for the ESC but well ... The people at the end really said, and I kid you not, who decide who can go to the ESC for Germany, that they are not suitable cause their music is not made to be played in the radio ... what the heck

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Albania just got censored. Two "provocative" pictures got deleted from official insta account

"Problematic" pics in question

ronela-hajati-albania-dancers.jpg

ronela-hajati-albania.jpg

Albania: Eurovision social media team deletes provocative photo of Ronela Hajati's first rehearsal from Instagram
    Why has the EBU decided to remove one of the more provocative photos of Ronela Hajati from social media?
    wiwibloggs.com

Who knows what's happening behind the scenes. So far it's been a mess. Barely anyone got accreditation; no press allowed in the arena; there are technical issues with the stage that won't be fixed, they aren't even trying to fix it; no rehearsal videos on YouTube, instead we are getting tiktok clips :pepefacepalm: I'm not downloading that app. And ofc the absence of Maneskin.

X/:rolleyes:

• This year is a mess, the misogyny with Albania being censored, Italy having wack technicians & the stages looking cheap af as a result, malfunctions, Maneskin sending in a tape from LA, those TikToks that are 4 hours late, press not being allowed in the press centre etc

Italy winning was a mistake like what is going ON #JUSTICEFORFRANCE

• Just a little over a week till Eurovision starts,man how time flies

Rooting for this icon to win :pepe-pj-green:

• This thread contains 2,456 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!