Can we talk about Butter - not the song, but MV quality?

• In comparison to BTS previous music videos how do you rate Butter MV quality/budget?​​ 59

1. Divine (17) 29%
    2. Excellent (16) 27%
    3. Solid (11) 19%
    4. Passable (12) 20%
    5. Poor (3) 5%

Can we talk about Butter - not the song, but MV quality?

In comparison to BTS previous music videos, how do you rate Butter MV quality/budget?

Personally, I would say it's well either "ok" solid or just passable. Definitely not excellent and far away from Divine. It kind of like placing top, hot, handsome men which are looking luxurious in some very mediocre background.

I'm not an Army but I remember few BTS stages in award shows, as well as I also saw a few of their previous music videos, and the only "rich" moment in this MV seems like the one near the end of the song when they are dancing on stage with all those lights around.

Is it only me or half of it seems like filmed in something like Studio Choom not mentioning the places with white background, that looks like Weekly Idol level.

And oh were some scenes filmed in the new HYBE building?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS could just stand there in black and white doing their things and I would still think it's better than most Kpop MVs.

That's how fun, charismatic and entertaining performers they are :omgr:

• Imo the mv has the replay ability as it has a lot going on and it is fun to watch. If you want to talk about sets then yes It mostly relies on BTS and their charms and visuals to make it work which they do imo.

In comparison to Dynamite, I much prefer this MV as the scenes fit and quality does seem better. I did not like On much either MV wise(which looked more elaborate) and the Black Swan MV was aesthetically pleasing but it lacked the replay ability. LGO was nice, but again lacked replay ability which was not it's focus anyway.

I think it does the job, that is make it fun to watch so it is a quality MV. I don't say this much as I don't prefer watching MVs, but I can see myself watching this for a long time.

• They could have done way way better for sure. I didn't have many expectations because I knew Hybe wouldn't do the best they could do so I wasn't that disappointed.

Visually, it was better than Dynamite in quality imo. It didn't have that weird filter they often use.

The basketball court scene didn't fit the rest of the mv. The elevator is not well made.

The replay value is all because of the boys themselves. They looked good and it was fun watching them fool around and dance.

• i love the simplicity and the replay value is high with this one. my only complaint is the unnecessary school gym scene. they look out of place. but at least they look cute

• I think it's definitely better than Dynamite and is more interesting. I would love for them to go into even more mature image, I think that gym dance scene (along with Yoongi's rap) was not it and out of place. Tbh imo they peaked in terms of MVs with Fake Love and never able to do smth better since then (except for Black Swan dance thing but it was like another genre of MVs among BTS' ones lol), but Butter is still good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!