Rosie's decision isn't totally right

• Look the fact that Rosie will perform her solo song during THE SHOW isn't really a surprise, most veteran blinks saw the writing on the wall since YG announced Rosie/Lisa solos are coming soon on December 31st.

Now the real surprise is that she's performing her TITLE TRACK rather than a bside as expected / personally hoped..

Not cause I think this will affect her charting or performance (international charts aren't really the goal here for the title track, it's Korean charts imo)

It's cause it continues this endless circle of TITLES = EVERYTHING & bsides are just decorations for the album, performing a bside would have raised the hype equally + make all blinks actually curious to stream the entire thing rather than just endlessly consume the title track..

Numbers are not the most important yes + unlike Jennie Ion think they will spoil the MV during the live stream...

I'm 100% sure the EP is filled with awesome Rosie vocals & killer tracks rather than fillers.

I just want the whole ep to be appreciated rather than just the title I guess...

What do you guys think?

• What do I think?

I think she is going to smash it and her solo debut is going to be a massive success

• I think at the end of the day, actual blinks will stream the whole EP while pretty much everyone else will just consume the title track, unless she has an insane standout b-side.

I think she made the right choice.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Who's to say she will only perform one song? She could possibly perform a few from her EP, which will also be appreciated. She should not broadcast the MV.

Regardless she performed it in The Show or not, fans will still support it anyway.

• It will be fine. Blackpink b-sides always do super good because the fandom appreciate all of their song not just title tracks, rose's ep will be no different. Title doing better numbers wise is just to be expected. That said I still think it would be a good idea if she performed a b-side on the show and just gave an small hint about the mv/title track

• Performing a bside would garner the same amount of hype & even more positive results than the title track tho

Probably but I think the differences would be minimal. Plus I think it's probably the last thing on her mind especially if it was her own decision which I doubt it is.

• It will be fine. Blackpink b-sides always do super good because the fandom appreciate all of their song not just title tracks, rose's ep will be no different. Title doing better numbers wise is just to be expected. That said I still think it would be a good idea if she performed a b-side on the show and just gave an small hint about the mv/title track

Yeah but it's going to be the title so

Lol some new blinks think the EP will be released 2 weeks later so they don't want Rosie to perform it at all

• Official Post

i'm a little mixed about what i think -

on the one hand, it's a testament to the power of the whole group that she's going to play a title track, it serves two main purposes 1. promotion of the group 2. promo of the artist as a solo

it shows respect that she'll play the title and not a b-side.

on the flip side it can be viewed negatively in that she may appear to be trying to outshine the group or trying to be a user vampire or some other awful perspective.

when you think about it, why did they join YG/blackpink to begin with? most artists want their own deal and to be able to stand alone and do well, yeah? isn't this an extension of the original plan for each of the artists?

you have this amazing synergy with these 4 and it's really smart that they've become brand ambassadors and can commercialize in a way that doesn't harm the group brand but also serves to highlight their individuality and strengths.

it might not be considered "right" per se, but it's clever and shows clear forethought.

• You offered a new perspective tbh

I like it

• I don't like the idea but going to support her regardless. It's clear that they really wanted to do it this way. They had more than enough time to film a music video before The Show and release it. But YG had a different idea.

• its not a bp release if they're are no divided/conflicting opinions within the fandom lmao. It's fun this way tho.

But I trust rosè with her direction, whichever way she wants to present her solo to us. She clearly had us in her mind not the charts while taking this decision. And I respect her for that.

• Can I be honest?

I don't really think Rosé's that "generous" to sing her title track for blinks. She might sing a bside and I'm quite 75% percent positive about it.

If she really sings her title track on The Show without promos and teasers, it would just how she goes with YG's flow.

For someone who worked hard for her solo for 2 years, singing it on a group concert and not as a solo artist is really disappointing.

Now, don't tell me "Jennie did it with SOLO in their SK concert" because Jennie's solo debut was a single and not an album. Rosé can always have the choice to sing it or not. But I agree with OP that at least singing a bside will be a better way to build hype and excitement. And maybe treated like a "pre-release" or even a "teaser" to what would come out in her solo album.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!