Is it disrespectful when Army say "BTS paved their own way"?

• When someone says "BTS paved their own way" they are acting like 15 years of kpop history never happened.

Second gen is even more important for BTS cause without them taking kpop around the world BTS would never even have a platform to get famous on.

These are just a few things for ARMY to think about when they go around trying to rewrite the history books to make their faves look better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ok this whole 'who paved the way' thing is stupid, let's just understand all this

• The 1st gen paved the way for the 2nd gen
    • The 2nd gen paved the way for the 3rd gen
    • The 3rd gen paved the way for the 4th gen

BTS did a lot but saying they paved the way needs to have more in it like 'BTS paved the way a lot of the way' or "BTS helped pave the way'

BTS did not do it by themselves, people have been bringing kpop to the west and 'paving the way' there before BTS even debuted

How about we all just sit back and enjoy this awesome world we live in?

• BTS literally expanded kpop and made it relevant. Its not army trying to rewrite history, its FACTS. Second gen stans need to stop being salty.

So we are just gonna ignore Psy reaching 1 billion views before anyone knew who BTS was?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In k-pop, and maybe pop in general, fans like to think that their faves are self-made people and one of a kind. That they're best thing ever, that nothing of value came before and probably won't ever after.

In other genres it doesn't work this way. Take Metallica, the biggest metal act in the world for 40 years. They would be the first ones to pay tribute to those who came before them, who inspired them, who "paved the way for them" basically. The bands know it, the fans know it. No one is masquerading as the source of all things, except maybe a handful of delulu musicians that everyone laughs at.

But when you say that in k-pop, fans take it if as if you were trying to rob their faves' merits from them.

• So we are just gonna ignore Psy reaching 1 billion views before anyone knew who BTS was?

and we are just going to ignore BTS being the first for hundreds of awards, drawing in fans towards kpop, hard carrying the industry, being nominated towards the grammy's and e.t.c.? BTS not only paved their own way, they also paved the way for kpop to even reach this height. Chart and stats don't lie :pepeshut:

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• Bob The Builder paved the way

• and we are just going to ignore BTS being the first for hundreds of awards, drawing in fans towards kpop, hard carrying the industry, being nominated towards the grammy's and e.t.c.? BTS not only paved their own way, they also paved the way for kpop to even reach this height. Chart and stats don't lie :pepeshut:

I'm not denying all that success. Its historic.

But SM Town was selling out concerts all over the States and other acts as well. That kind of groundwork made it so much easier for BTS.

For example if BTS tried to make it in the US around 2008 like the Wonder Girls then they would have been denied just like the WG. It was just too early for tge West to accept kpop.

Thanks to PSY, SM TOWN, BigBang and 2NE1 laying the road for BTS to travel on.

• BTS literally expanded kpop and made it relevant. Its not army trying to rewrite history, its FACTS. Second gen stans need to stop being salty.

if we go with that logic then groups or artists from older generation gen paved the way for newer acts. For example, bts themselves recognized that others paved the way for them.

I think some members of BTS were fanboys of big bang when they were younger so in a way they looked up to them and were inspired by them

• if we go with that logic then groups or artists from older generation gen paved the way for newer acts. For example, bts themselves recognized that others pave the way for them.

I think some members of BTS were fanboys of big bang when they were younger so in a way they looked up to them and inspired by them

Good point. In the same way that Twice looked up to and was inspired by SNSD when they were younger.

• Bob The Builder paved the way

2E4C19F7-DFF2-4CFA-A2CF-377EE937A29E.gif

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• if we go with that logic then groups or artists from older generation gen paved the way for newer acts. For example, bts themselves recognized that others paved the way for them.

I think some members of BTS were fanboys of big bang when they were younger so in a way they looked up to them and inspired by them

LMFAO WHAT IS THIS CLOWNERY?

Dying Laugh GIFs | Tenor

IM DYING HELP

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• No, it's not, because BTS indeed paved the way in the west. The change is so drastic in how distribution is going on, in how radios, TV programs and shows, magazines are more welcomed, in so many other things. BTS and armys made kpop to look like a very good money-making tool which west industry loves and thus it is very profitable for kpop in many ways, the only other kpop act who paved smth in the west was Psy and he made kpop to look like a funny joke which west also loved as a good joke to laugh about but was it profitable to kpop?)

• No, it's not, because BTS indeed paved the way in the west. The change is so drastic in how distribution is going on, in how radios, TV programs and shows, magazines are more welcomed, in so many other things. BTS and armys made kpop to look like a very good money-making tool which west industry loves and thus it is very profitable for kpop in many ways, the only other kpop act who paved smth in the west was Psy and he made kpop seem like a funny joke which west also loved as a good joke to laugh about but was it profitable to kpop?)

But did BTS achieve all this on their own and solely on their own, or wasn't it also the right time for a k-pop act to take the global scene by storm? Didn't they benefit from opportunities opened by previous acts before them?

• I don't know why people are so pressed about bts paving the way. Most people know this and even people from the industry acknowledge what bts has done. But I'm sure random kpop fans know better than everyone.

• Comeback in a few hours Armys, remember this is the time trolls, antis and the usual susoects will be most active. Conserve your energy, disengage.

Happy comeback.

Anticipate

• For some reason, when you look at the entry for "k-pop" in wikipedia, it doesn't start at BTS.

Is it that hard to admit? Is it that painful?

Why would it start at bts? That has nothing to do with I wrote. Maybe you should look up the meaning of paving the way instead?

• No it isn't disrespectful.

This dumb "paved the way" thing was started by dumb "2nd gen" fans who literally don't acknowledge any of the kpop artists before their faves themselves and were ridiculing BTS & ARMYs for trying to make it in the west and mocking them in the process because they thought their faves couldn't do it so a non "big 3" group cannot as well but when BTS succeeded in the west, they started this dumb shit "2nd gen paved the way". ARMYs started retaliating to those dumb "2nd gen" fans by saying "BTS paved the way". But since ARMYs are bigger so they get heard more than those "2nd gen" fans who are now starting to act like victim just like OP here.

Now when ARMYs are using this nowadays they are using it to show how BTS success in the west is helping the industry not to mock "2nd gen" groups. Only "2nd gen" fans and trolls are using this for fights. So this disrespect thing is pure bs.

Edited 3 times, last by onlyfacts ().

• LMFAO WHAT IS THIS CLOWNERY?

Dying Laugh GIFs | Tenor

IM DYING HELP

You're the perfect example of a delusional Army. Now you are calling your own faves liars cause you can't except the truth.

• Why would it start at bts? That has nothing to do with I wrote. Maybe you should look up the meaning of paving the way instead?

If k-pop history doesn't start with BTS, then someone paved the way for them obviously. Just like BTS are paving the way for the next generation. My only gripe is when only people push the narrative that BTS (or any other acts for that matter) don't owe ANYTHING to ANYONE to any extent. That is quite pretentious and that's what some in this thread were simply speaking against.

Basically, everyone is paving the way for the next to come, and the bigger they are the bigger the way they're paving is.

• Ah shit here we go again. I kinda agree with armys on this one. No one is claiming kpop didn't exist before bts but it most definitely got a lot more attention due to them.

Most of my non kpop friends think kpop and bts are interchangeable. I was exposed to kpop groups even before bts but only got interested in kpop as a serious genre after I heard bs&t at a party. Bts is a big part of why I got into kpop and discovered all these other great groups and their music.

To downplay bts's impact especially at this day and age is just delusional imo. They are often the gateway to kpop for a lot of people.

Desbundar

• I think yes

because saying this is denying that 2nd gen also existed and build a niche in western country of Kpop fans who hyped and supported BTS because they even become as big than they are right now. But it's also looking down on all these Kpop fans who bought bts album when they weren't popular yet.

and i don't understand why people seems so mad to admit it

1st gen achievement helped 2nd gen

2nd gen achievement helped 3rd gen

and now 3rd gen are helping 4th gen

saying BTS pave their own way with the help of nobody would mean that if BTS debuted before 1st gen group they would have been able to be as big than they are right now

is like saying "Philosophy is where it is now because of Kant " when we all know that Kant thesis are inspired by the greek philosophy

no achivement from any human is the achievement of only one humans

it's the achievement of all the previous generation who led to this achievement

and in my personal opinion admitting that all these generations helped doesn't mean that bts achievement aren't impressive.

You can just accept, celebrate and be happy for BTS achievement without having the need to dismiss history and facts

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• This thread contains 144 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!