Peak is more important than longevity on the new melon chart

• Poll 19

1. Agree (8) 42%
    2. Disagree (11) 58%

Any thoughts on this? Lately, i've been thinking peak is more important than longevity because i have seen some songs by artists chart in top 100 for so long but have never hit any good peak.

For example:

No.16 questionable as well.

5.png

Release in may 2020

4.png

3.png

Edited 2 times, last by Rojen ().

• I don't know i guess it's controversial

If you peak high it means that a lot of people enjoy your song more than all the other song especially if the song keep rising days after the release it means that more and more people are interest in you

about longevity i don't really know

is it better to chart in top 10 and then free fall and stay in the top 100 2 weeks

or is it better to enter the top 100, stay at #99 for 1 months and that's it

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• i think u have to consider few points

1) peak, was it only for a week or so? For example, in the past there were many songs debut on #1 but fell off chart within 10 weeks. Those are definitely not huge hits

2) longevity - but what was the peak level? Maybe a song could chart for 3 years and never go pass top50. Then, it could be considered a hit to a certain extent.

When u compare a #1 song that lasted at least 20 weeks on chart, vs a #50 song that lasted a year on chart, i would think the former is bigger

• You spoke out what I thought.

You have to define peak and longevity, if you peak #1 and fall down quickly it's probably that the fandom pushed it but the GP didn't really liked it, if you stay long enough at a high enough rank, the reason will probably that outside the fandom, the people like that song

• I see it....longetivity is pretty much guaranteed with this new chart once they get in the top 100 songs dont fall out for a while. thats why it takes longer for the new song to chart high. i bet most groups are doing better in longetivity in regards to remaining in the top 100. its not so special anymore when evryone is charting longer. top ten charting for a long time is still pretty hard tho. if you peak high, your mostlikely not hoing anywhere for a while so its more important.

• I think longevity makes more sense logically speaking, but in the kpop world peaking even for an hour could literally get you breaking records, but as someone mentioned above longevity at 70 plus wouldn't really get you much. I think I'd rather peak high then gradually go down, than have longevity any number over 70

:pepewhat:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I see it....longetivity is pretty much guaranteed with this new chart once they get in the top 100 songs dont fall out for a while. thats why it takes longer for the new song to chart high. i bet most groups are doing better in longetivity in regards to remaining in the top 100. its not so special anymore when evryone is charting longer. top ten charting for a long time is still pretty hard tho. if you peak high, your mostlikely not hoing anywhere for a while so its more important.

Hardly. Many songs charted on top100 within first few days and fell out very fast.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!