Are SM artists using ads in the first 24 hours?

• Wow more than 20m legit views in one day! I thought SM artists were bad in yt views but this is great!

that's the number for the first four days. YT chart starts a new week Thursday midnight. So it shows they had a lot of ad views since they supposedly reached 35 million in a day but without ads only reached 23 million in about 4 days.

• Why are you lying -_-

Mafia in the morning had ads in the first 24hours -_-

to be fair, they didn't use it for quite some time, they've started using it again pretty recently. i guess they realized how stupid it was to not promote their artists on the first day of mv's release.

• Nore

this is not me trying to shade at all, im just really curious how they're 24hr views are so high vs other groups but then fail to keep momentum.

Like again no shade, but Nct Dream got 34 million views in 24 hours for "hot sauce" but are already under the bar of 2m views daily barely a week after. The same could be seen for "Make a Wish" which had 10m more views in 24 hours than "I cant stop me" but nearly double less views now.

The same could be said for Aespa vs itzy, Next Level which was midly received by kpoppies garnered 25m views which is more than any itY song (and more than Icsm too)

I thought that we couldnt use ads in the first 24hrs anymore but it really seems like they are doing it.

There're nothing organic for SM business.

• Before sm used ads :

"sm groups have great sales but low youtube views"

After sm used ads like every other companies :

"sm groups youtube views are all ads, they are cheating, this is unfair to compare to other groups"

:pepe-flirt:

• whenever its sth about SM I notice other companies stans in akp get into the ring to fight.

Shit gets funny quickly around here

Oh akp never change

• it's important for breaking records. at that point, bts' boy with luv had the most views in the first 24h and

youtube didn't confirm/acknowledge him breaking the record, in fact, after that situation the new policy of not counting ads in the first 24h was established.

kpop fans need to stop caring about numbers and focus on music. it's honestly ridiculous.

Ok, I admit, I'm lost at this point. I don't know how it works, so if anyone can explain to me, I'd appreciate it.

From what I understand:

youtube's weekly charts don't include ad views anyway. Not just for the first 24 hours, but also afterwards, ad views aren't included in youtube's weekly charts. So it doesn't matter if it's about the first 24 hours or afterwards, ad views are dismissed anyway on this chart, right?

So in what other list or chart or place are the ad views for the first 24 hours not counted, but afterwards ad views are counted?

I assumed it was the view counter below each youtube MV, where ad views were excluded for the first 24 hours. But if that's not the spot, then where else are those first-24-hours ad views subtracted, but included after that period of time?

• btw taemin cmb just prove sm is very specific with who has ads and who doesn't unlike jyp that seem to give them to all their groups (from what I know)

its obv sm need to present their new groups in a positive light and this type of records and music shows generate many articles, hence why I don't think sm will do all this for exo or rv (if they cmb, they didnt do it for wendy either)

• The 24 hours are only without ADs when YT announce them in the ranking of highest first 24 hours views.

• (1) correct

(2) just in the yt chart and chart account like chardata from from yt official chart

in general is promo so its ok but if u want to look at it from the impartial side, in kpop its kinda unfair as views weight in music shows wins

• Adviews are reflected in the main youtube counter during and after 24hours of mv release, basically throughout the period ads are used. Ad views are only deducted from the youtube weekly chart.

Official charts like billboard 200, hot 100 ,etc include video plays from youtube. Only filtered views posted on the youtube weekly charts are counted for these official charts. Youtube introduced the new 24 hour ad policy because an indian rapper used excessive amount of ads to break the 24 hour record. So, this policy was to make sure artists get those records fairly. Other than that, artists using ads have clear advantage in kmusic shows since they do not exclude ad views which I think is bit unfair.

• btw taemin cmb just prove sm is very specific with who has ads and who doesn't unlike jyp that seem to give them to all their groups (from what I know)

its obv sm need to present their new groups in a positive light and this type of records and music shows generate many articles, hence why I don't think sm will do all this for exo or rv (if they cmb, they didnt do it for wendy either)

no idea about this comeback but i got lots of ads for idea and very few for criminal. i think that sm started promoting all of their artists, the only difference is the number of ads they are using on which artist.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!