Can kpop fans stop claiming Yuqi as "kpop" whatever she does?

• Yes, she's in contract with a kpop company (Cube), but she's currently promoting solo in China and doing it all in Chinese. So she's doing cpop right now the same way NCT Lucas would in China (and they don't call it kpop). And if she's in Korea with her group she's doing kpop under the GIDLE brand.

• She is kpop to me.

She was made in the Kpop system. And I see that as having a level of stickiness.

Her solo expansion is an off shoot of her G-IDLE center in my mind.

Until she breaks from G-IDLE and her Korean base more authoritatively I will see her as a kpop idol who from time to time may do promos in China.

Edited once, last by emanresu ().

• I think it's a different identity when she's doing solo artists promotions. Similar to Lay, when he's promoting with EXO it's kpop obviously. But when he's doing solo stuff in China, what else could it be.

• You seem to have a vendetta against Yuqi. What did she do to personally insult you?

She's my bias, but I'm trying to be accurate here. Also I'm sure Yuqi is proud of her Chinese identity. She stood with China during the HK protests and alleged centimeters of land being stolen from it.

• She's my bias, but I'm trying to be accurate here. Also I'm sure Yuqi is proud of her Chinese identity. She stood with China during the HK protests and alleged centimeters of land being stolen from it.

Maybe you should support your bias then instead of dragging them? You can try to hide behind "being accurate" but we all know what you are. You're an anti and a troll.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I'm not against seeing her Chinese promos as technically being C-Pop.

I'm glad she's proud of her Chinese heritage and I tend to see China as being in the right of having the authority to bring Hong Kong into their fold. (HK was only ever on temporary loan to Western authority.). So I have no issue with her defending her homeland.

But I still see her "base" as being mostly Korean. Her ties and foundation were developed in the Kpop system. And she is still in the thick of it.

So I see her as a kpop idol no matter what she's doing (or where).

Until she more formally or drastically breaks with her Korean root this will continue to be my view.

• If she's actually promoting a Korean version, then yes

Why? The original version is in English, so why would it be C-Pop if she promotes an English language song?

Better yet, what if she promotes the Chinese version in Korea? Which genre will it be?

All this is very confusing. I'm dying for you to explain in great detail how it works.

Like, if a Korean/Japanese idol duo under a Chinese company promotes a Spanish language song in the US? Which genre is it?

I'm interested to learn. :pepepizza:

• A lot of kpop songs were originally done in English, so I don't think the "original song language" matters. I think it's what the artist actually performs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-

Maybe you should support your bias then instead of dragging them? You can try to hide behind "being accurate" but we all know what you are. You're an anti and a troll.

Literally never dragged her. Obviously she openly supported her country, but some westerners (as usual) have a problem when things don't fit their artificial woke worldview. Take it for what it is

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!