Yoo Jaesuk was disrespected by Korean actors, knetz are furious

• download-3.jpg

During director Lee Jun Ik's speech (T/N: everyone is in ovation)

download-4.jpg

During Yoo Jaesuk's speech

Some comments that OP posted :

"Unlike Lee Jun lk, when Yoo Jaesuk received his Daesang, let alone the ovation, people didn't even clap. They only go to him when they shoot a movie and need to promote it. There is no respect and they are just looking down on him. Their personality sucks, seriously"

"Everyone must've expected Yooneu to receive the Daesang but the Baeksang who treated the variety award poorly was too much. Even at the very beginning, there were no variety show in the VCR."

"Shouldn't Yoo Jaesuk do the finale? Where were the people who found joy and laughter while watching Yoo Jaesuk during the Corona times..."

"It would've been nice if the actors shared his happiness too.. If they looked at Yoo Jaesuk's age or career, he must've been a huge sunbae. All of them caught the actor's disease and sat there with their legs crossed. to be honest, all of the actors together cant even be compared to Yoo Jaesuk. He's the number one!!"

"Yoo Jaesuk who's the top of the top went out to receive his award but none of the actors who are his hoobaes or the rookies made any movement to get up, nor did anyone get up. Seriously, these actors are so whack "

"Isn't Yoo Jaesuk the real top star there? Nobody clapped and because the people around stood up late, they just waddled and got up, seriously. The person who broke his own record.. f*cking cool"

These two received the same Daesang award but why are their reactions so different?

Most of the people sitting there are Yoo Jaesuk's hoobae.. looks like the actor's disease is indeed severe nowadays

post response: [+3,763, -63]

original post: Source

1. [+1,417,-11]

It's because they are in "arts" that they are acting like this (T/N: acting is considered "arts" vs entertainment is considered "variety") but the nation receives more comfort from variety. Not from you guys. The elitism is solid

2. [+1,298, -71]

Kwanghee talked about this. He said that there are only a few stars in real life. I wonder how many there are aside of Yoo Jaesuk there?

3. [+1,245,-71]

These actors must really think of themselves as something special

4. [+771,-5]

That's why people don't use rookie actors but idols instead they will catch the actor's disease and increase their appearance fees. Seeing them with their actor's disease at awards ceremonies and posing like that is hilarious

5. [+674, -1]

Wow there were only 7 people who stood up. I think they are Song Joongki, Kim Soyeon, Kim Taeho, Um Kijoon... I cant tell the rest. They sure are impressive. These actors must think that the job of an actor is something prestigious

Source

Video for those interested to watch

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• :cryc::cryc::cryc:

Yoo Jaesuk doesn't deserve this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• These elitist Korean actors are always so stuck up and full of themselves in these award shows, the way they treat idols who perform in these shows is sickening. They deserve to get called out for this behaviour. Imagine having this twisted classism in the year of 2021

• Sounds like it's just another day for Korean actors. We've seen how they don't give a shit to non actors like how they gave idols just doing their job performing the cold shoulder

• I don't like to think that it does not matter what position you hold, as everyone should be given the same amount of respect <3

It is sad though, that those actors are not giving their respect to such a wonderful & kind man.

work in progress

• I am glad Song joonki is humble and congratulated him even though he is one of the few actors there who actually are known by everyone.

It is not about being humble. Song Jong Ki has worked with Jaesuk in early days of variety shows like running man. Most people who stood up Jaesuk because they worked with different projects/variety shows before.

• Knetz doing everybody's work and rightfully dragging those shit actors. Lets not forget how they also embarrass idols, comedians and anyone who isn't on their "class".

YJS is bigger than all of them combined and to think they didn't even respect his legacy.

Drag them!

• Official Post

The fact that Korea tends to prefer actors over anyone else probably made them think highly of themselves. Idols who usually perform in these types of shows usually get brushed off and aren't really acknowledged. Clearly they disregard anyone who isn't one of them, how cliquey. This is classism 101. The fact that Yoo Jaesuk is probably more popular and more beloved than all fo them combined is very ironic.

The actors who didn't stand up can say goodbye to their career once Knetz find out who they were, disrespecting YJS.... :zipr:

• The fact that Korea tends to prefer actors over anyone else probably made them think highly of themselves. Idols who usually perform in these types of shows usually get brushed off and aren't really acknowledged. Clearly they disregard anyone who isn't one of them, how cliquey. This is classism 101.

The actors who didn't stand up can say goodbye to their career once Knetz find out who they were, disrespecting YJS.... :zipr:

They already found who stood up to YJS so let's wait for some actors, companies apology or excuse...

• The fact that Korea tends to prefer actors over anyone else probably made them think highly of themselves. Idols who usually perform in these types of shows usually get brushed off and aren't really acknowledged. Clearly they disregard anyone who isn't one of them, how cliquey. This is classism 101. The fact that Yoo Jaesuk is probably more popular and more beloved than all fo them combined is very ironic.

How will they be cancelled when only 13 out of 75 stood up? Knetz are mad indeed but I don't see them cancelling 62 actors at once, this will get buried :sweatr1:

• It is not about being humble. Song Jong Ki has worked with Jaesuk in early days of variety shows like running man. Most people who stood up Jaesuk because they worked with different projects/variety shows before.

Yeah I used the wrong term to describe it. What he did was the norm not necessarily humble but I am glad he isn’t disrespecting yjs like the rest.

lt64IYu.gif

• Korean actors are definitely one of the most stuck up egotistical bunch of mfs i’ve ever seen in showbiz anywhere in the world. Like ik famous people and actors in general are all full of themselves but at least they don’t outwardly discriminate against every other profession besides acting in showbiz and think they’re god’s gift to humanity and top of the hierarchy just simply bc they’re actors, unlike how it seems to operate in korea. Most korean actors show terrible disposition and a propensity to act like they’re so above lowly entertainers like comedians and, god forbids, singers *gasps*

God I could just barf 🤢

• The kind of elevation of actors over all other entertainers is so weird for me. I love a lot of dramas, but if we're being real, they share a lot of the same traits Kpop gets clowned on for.

It's 90% beautiful people following a pretty standard rom-com formula. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that -- it's awesome sometimes -- but it's not high art or some shit. They should chill with the high horse stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!