What could be the reason for Aespa to release a digital single now instead of a mini album?

• i just don't understand. With the black mamba episode a lot of questions got answered and people are more interested in the comeback. Why didn't SM release a mini album for their first comebacik. From next month all the top groups are having comebacks and probably source music ngg will also debut soon maybe in later half of the year. What is SM even thinking also giving them remake of a so so song although we can't be sure until tomorrow how it's going to sound.

i had heard 2 or 3 rumored songs for aespa and they all sound better than the f&f soundtrack. Maybe Lee Sooman just wants to release song he likes whether people like it or not.

• People keep crying about it but every single time they drop something, there’s a feeding frenzy of activity and hype, so it looks like they’re doing just fine with the current marketing strategy.

Again, I would also remind folks that RV’s launch was also widely spaced out. This is what SM does, especially on gg.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• People keep crying about it but every single time they drop something, there’s a feeding frenzy of activity and hype, so it looks like they’re doing just fine with the current marketing strategy.

Again, I would also remind folks that RV’s launch was also widely spaced out. This is what SM does, especially on gg.

Yes im aware that RV's first comeback was also after 6 months; and for exo was it almost one whole year for the first comeback? So i was not surprised by the timing but by the fact that it's a single. Like i said all other major groups are having comebacks next month and this month was relatively free except for nct dream. TXT is almost at the end of month. i feel LSM has some superstitious beliefs about when to do what.

• I think they want to build Hype by telling the story slowly

we are slowly discovering Aespa universe

Black mamba was about how BM came and disrupted the connection of the members and the AI

Next level will be about the members going to kwangya looking for BM

I guess they want the mini or the album for the big confrontation between Aespa and BM

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Honestly, I was so ready for an album but the concept and the ep just overwhelmed me that I am ready to wait longer for this insane project. I don't think the single is going to be as great as the other things they put out. It seems like it's an appetizer for their first album so I am not putting my hopes up on the song. Plus it seems like every single has its own episode. Like Black mamba was ep 1. I am more excited for ep 2 Next Level than the song itself.

lt64IYu.gif

• Yes im aware that RV's first comeback was also after 6 months; and for exo was it almost one whole year for the first comeback? So i was not surprised by the timing but by the fact that it's a single. Like i said all other major groups are having comebacks next month and this month was relatively free except for nct dream. TXT is almost at the end of month. i feel LSM has some superstitious beliefs about when to do what.

It makes sense to me, I suppose, because teasing it out continues to build the hype. Drop a single now then drop an EP later in the summer or early fall. (I had assumed they were going to drop in the summer to capture that gg summer hit but it’s possible they may hold that spot for RV, then bring Aespa in the fall so they have fresh material to take to the big year end shows and a big debut stage..)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Because SM stole the Blackpink dungeon trick.

Like it's mentioned before; Red velvet's first comeback was after 6 months so Aespa's comeback is following red velvet's pattern so far except red velvet comeback was a mini album instead of a single. Enhyphen also had a comeback almost 6 months later. What i wonder is that why is it a single instead of comeback when there were not other major groups comeback. From June all the big groups are coming also bts concert then comeback in July maybe. Fans are going to spend on them instead of rookie group. Don't know what sm is thinking.

• Hmmm... although i don't think black mamba story will finish so soon it's a central character. But yeah maybe they want to clear up the story further before a mini album or the story will overshadow the songs.

• Like it's mentioned before; Red velvet's first comeback was after 6 months so Aespa's comeback is following red velvet's pattern so far except red velvet comeback was a mini album instead of a single. Enhyphen also had a comeback almost 6 months later. What i wonder is that why is it a single instead of comeback when there were not other major groups comeback. From June all the big groups are coming also bts concert then comeback in July maybe. Fans are going to spend on them instead of rookie group. Don't know what sm is thinking.

This doesn't make sense, other groups' fans wouldn't spend money on Aespa anyway even if their faves didn't comeback around the same time. Unless they're also fans of Aespa.

Aespa have their own growing fandom, they'll throw money at them when they come back.

And finally, if you look at past SM comebacks pattern, you'll see that they have never cared so such logistics as coming back or not coming back around the same time as certain big artists or their groups' competition.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!