This episode of Arranged Marriages in India by Jubilee shows... Choice is a privilege and some people are to blind to see it !

• I just watched this episode of Jubilee where people who are Pro and Anti Arranged Marriage had to discuss the matter and oh Gosh.....

The way people who are coming from a place of privilege act like their experience is the norm was shocking but not surprising to me. And I have much respect for Aastha that she tried to point it out respectfully.

Unfortunately this is something you see very often, people who try to defend or protect a certain ideology, believe (religious), culture or specific community. They are so eager to make everything look unproblematic and totally fine, talk about freedom and choice and what not and others are exaggerating, when reality looks completely different.

I mean I can totally understand when people want to defend their religion, culture or ideologies etc. from stereotypes and prejudice and don’t want the problems and issues that are existing to define them ( I do that too). But going all your way to belittle or even deny that these problems exist just for the sake of defending your decisions is just ignorant and hypocrite ( cause they know the problems exist). Y’all not helping anyone than just yourself feeling better with your choices....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!