Is this true? Some Army members were once a One Directioner

• I think this is the kpop fan mentality. They think fans will necessarily stan another artist as soon as the one they like slows down or a new face appears. They think people have to do it and they can't accept that not everyone works like that.

When this is discussed a lot of people imply that BTS owe a really big part of their success to those 1D fans when it's not true. Copying mechanisms I guess.

I understand that it can and does happen, but from what I've seen in kpop, the majority part of that "inheritance" is younger sibling groups inheriting fans from their older sibling groups. A lot of people use that line for other 3rd gen groups too (whether or not its true). But BTS never had older siblings to inherit from. Fans of a western English speaking boyband weren't just suddenly going to transfer to stanning a foreign Kpop Idol group en-masse.

STEP Let Butter melt your 💟 STEP Stan BTS STEP Visit bulletproof for fun & akorns!

image0.gif

• I only know one member of One Direction and that is Styles. I am a huge Beatles fan and have most of their albums. I listen to Rubber Soul and Revolver almost daily. I had the pleasure of meeting Pete Best (who was kicked out of the band and replaced by Ringo)at a Beatlecon. Very nice person. I have copies of A Hard Days Night and Help and here’s a fun piece of trivia for you. A very famous British singer in his teens was chosen to be part of the audience when the Beatles play their closing concert in A Hard Days Night

• I only know one member of One Direction and that is Styles. I am a huge Beatles fan and have most of their albums. I listen to Rubber Soul and Revolver almost daily. I had the pleasure of meeting Pete Best (who was kicked out of the band and replaced by Ringo)at a Beatlecon. Very nice person. I have copies of A Hard Days Night and Help and here’s a fun piece of trivia for you. A very famous British singer in his teens was chosen to be part of the audience when the Beatles play their closing concert in A Hard Days Night

Not to derail the thread but can I just say Wow! Pete Best.

• The fandom is big and diverse, at this point it should be obvious that we will have some Directioners on our side!

Personally, I was an anime fan for 15 years and never staned a single music artist before BTS, like... the music scene was not my thing at all lol

Still, it's great that we all can come together to stan these beautiful boys 💜

For you to think my success is related to your failure, your delusion is top-notch, fuck it. -AGUST D

bulletproof-paved-color.gif

• Some are.

What doesn't make sense is saying that a portion of their fans only came to BTS after 1D went on hiatus in order to fill their deep seated need to fangirl over someone.

People use that narrative for big 3 fans when their fav's company debuts a new group whilst neglecting their bias group.

It's not as if 1D were a 2nd gen BigHit group and the fans just switched a newer, younger version of them in BTS.

People think boybands and fandoms are that interchangeable huh.

Another Beatles and BTS fan here

• I was personally a bit too old for 1D at their peak - my little sister was a fan, though, and I went with her to a concert. Nice energy, but their songs didn't make me want to go and dig further.

Nothing against ex-1D who became ARMY though, good for them ! I was myself a big Tokio Hotel fan when I was in middle school :siptear: I sometimes find some similarities between their success and BTS' - though TH definitely screwed up their invasion of the US market.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!